• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Knights of Hyrule

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I've been playing Ocarina of Time on the 3DS and it's very fun if I say so myself. I've had some fail moments in my time of playing it. I remember when you go into the Lost Woods and have to play the Ocarina with those weird Deku Scrubs and get a Heart Piece, and I couldn't be bothered doing another round of Ocarina playing, so I stopped without knowing I'd get a Heart Piece for it. x( Another one was back when I first played OoT and I always struggled to get the sword in Kokiri Village. One time it took me two hours just looking for it. I finally found it though. :P

Also my 3DS went flat before I could save so I had to do the Dodongo Cavern twice.
Ugh dude, honestly I think that was one of the most annoying parts of the start of OoT. "Hey Link you need a shield and sword but what you don't know is you need to break rocks to find 40 rupees to buy a shield, and yeah, not gonna tell you about the sword, it's in the forest some place. Good luck!" I always thought that could have been done a little better.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I thought Rupee farming for the shield was kinda easy though, since you only need 40 rupees for it, especially when you get later in the game and red rupees are more common than usual. It builds up quickly. :P I just kill Dekus and buy their seeds for lots of rupees just to use them up.

I also felt like when fighting the giant Dodongo monster that it was quite easy, and the battle wasn't as long as I expected it to be. :/

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I had no problems with it, since I played the game when I was in about Grade 3. And when you're in Grade 3, you tend to explore around a bit too much with video games and screw around alot too. o3o
Though, it did add some exploration and independence to the game, which I liked. The beginning wasn't the only part like that. xDD;;

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
That's probably the best thing about the Zelda games. You can go at your own pace since it's quite an open world, this land is. It's not linear in any sense if you ask me, which is one of the greatest aspects of a game like this.

Years
I thought Rupee farming for the shield was kinda easy though, since you only need 40 rupees for it, especially when you get later in the game and red rupees are more common than usual. It builds up quickly. :P I just kill Dekus and buy their seeds for lots of rupees just to use them up.

What I always do is make Link jump the platforms beside the shop and that earns you 5 rupees. Then you just go in and out of the shop, and repeat. 40 rupees in about a minute.

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
I'd LOVE to join.

Username/Nickname
Zegan will do just fine. :)

Why do you like Zelda?
While I do love the storyline and the puzzles and whatnot, what got me hooked on the Zelda games was the music.

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why?
Wind Waker, by far. The music was awsome (I LOVE Dragon Roost Island's music), Navi isn't in it, i love the graphics, and it had some decent puzzles.

Favourite Zelda character(s), and why?
Link of coarse. He silent (yet everyone seems to know what he's thinking XD ), he kills things with weapons nobody would ever use, and he knows how to play music.

Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share?
I beat LoD, Spirit Track, with 100% completed.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm disheartened that I only just noticed this D=

Username/Nickname Just call me Jake =P
Why do you like Zelda? There's isn't much I don't like about it Minus Navi to be honest =3 My first game was OoT, and the whole experience between intertwining the puzzles and music through the Ocarina was amazing. I've been hooked to the puzzles ever since. I also love all the extra quests that the game provides, starting with the Golden Skulltulas all the way to hunting down every Piece of Heart.
Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? I hold OoT on a high pedestal naturally, but I have to say Majora's Mask is right up there with it. OoT is a fantastic game all together, but the darkness that MM has with it is so intriguing to me. The character development, darker context, and the three day cycle just so many good aspects to the game.
Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Ughh. This is a hard to choice =3 I guess I'll go with Sheik. For starters, the music duets between him (Yes I know it's actually Zelda XD) and Link were always amazing to listen to (Especially the Bolero of Fire <3). I liked the whole back story behind Sheik as well. Acting as a guide for Link in the seven years ahead of time is pretty sweet to. That and the way he talked was poetic and awesome XD
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Beating Master Quest. Oh my freaking god it is the most ridiculously hard thing ever, and I literally had to look up stuff because I never would have figured it out otherwise. I mean really Spirit Temple? A freaking CHEST is a switch to open the door? Grrr FUUUUUUUUUUU. Master Quest, why are you so Master Quest?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years

What I always do is make Link jump the platforms beside the shop and that earns you 5 rupees. Then you just go in and out of the shop, and repeat. 40 rupees in about a minute.
I guess that's easy, but I enjoy rupee farming, walking through the long grass, finding wild pokemon breaking the rocks etc. It's not the same thing over and over again. :3

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
A Zelda club? Count me in.

Username/Nickname: Raikiri, but I notice a lot of people call me Rai for short.

Why do you like Zelda? A lot of non-Zelda fans ask me that and I can never fathom why they would ask such a silly question. Alas, I find it be the most complete gaming experience possible. Challenging dungeons, enthralling combat, epic stories, amazing music are all there to draw you in and never let go. The game-play is nothing like else out there and I have yet to find a Zelda game I do not like (except the CDI ones but they don't count). It truly is something surreal. Not to mention, Zelda games are one of the few games that I can play over and over again even after I memorize how to beat a dungeon.

Except for Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. Always need a guide for that one.

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Tough question but I would have to say Twilight Princess. In my opinion, it is the best one since OoT and that is saying a lot. I enjoyed the story, the characters and the size and scope of the world. It had a lot of variety in the game, probably the most after Wind Waker. Most of all, I loved the items and the combat sense. It really felt like the game made huge improvements to the combat deeper and more varied. Not to mention, I firmly believe Twilight Princess had the most epic fight with Ganon yet. The sword duel was amazing. I did Twilight Princess a bit easy at times, though.

OoT is a close second for obvious reasons. It was the perfect game. I just had more fond memories with Twilight Princess than I do with OoT.

Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Navi because she is so helpful Link is the easy choice as he is the main character and he truly does have the all the ideal qualities that a hero should have.

Zant and Dark Link would have to be mentioned as well, being my favorite villains from the series. Zant truly looked to be a suitable replacement for Ganon until he went nuts and revealed himself to be nothing more than a pawn. Nevertheless, he was critical to the story and his boss fight was probably my favorite. Dark Link is just intense. His fight in the Water Temple is the true boss fight for that dungeon. I never played Zelda II so I wouldn't know too much about that incarnation, but I know everyone agrees that Dark Link is just a bad***.

I also love Orca and Talon for the fact they are critical to the story but also complete jokes in their own way.

Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? The most memorable thing I can share is my semi-tradition with my best friend in which we play at least one Zelda game a year usually over our winter break from school. Most often we pick Twilight Princess as it is our favorite one. Good times playing Zelda for 12 hours straight a day only taking breaks for food.

As far as Skyward Sword is concerned, I am definitely excited for that one. The new control scheme is interesting and adds a whole new dimension to the game. I am not too fond of some of the items however, at least not the ones I have seen in the trailers. Maybe they'll surprise me.

Years
Let's get the convo going!

www.zeldauniverse.net said:

In a recent interview with Wired, Eiji Aonuma said that the tech demo that was shown at E3 may not be actual game graphics or game play from a new Wii U Zelda game. He also reminded us of the infamous SpaceWorld tech demo that showcased a realistic battle between Link and Ganondorf that people got excited about. Instead of getting a game with graphics like those shown, we got a cel-shaded The Wind Waker. While I don't think that Nintendo will go that drastic again, it is good to note to watch out when the next game after Skyward Sword is announced and it doesn't look like the tech demos.

Source: Joystiq

I was pretty excited about this demo. Even when Anouma made it clear that the demos were not actual games, it really was obvious that they were looking into a Zelda for Wii U. Zelda still ain't dead! And later, on the week after E3, Miyamoto-san said this:

www.zeldauniverse.net said:

"This is an HD system, our first HD system, and we want to create a real HD Zelda game for it,"

"You will see a lot of these in-depth and deep experiences in terms of visual style. You will also see some play styles that are fun and interesting because of the play structure."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Yet, as you can see from the article, we are forced to reminisce about just before Wind Waker was released. There was a really cool video at SpaceWorld that suggested a Zelda more along the lines of TP than what we got in the end (don't get me wrong, WW is awesome).

So, Knights of Hyrule, let's talk!

• What cool stuff do you expect from a Wii U Zelda other than beautiful 1080p graphics? What uses would you give the new controller to make Zelda even more awesome? Get creative!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm totally good friends with a super mod there. :D

I don't remember being super enthrawled with Zelda until Twilight Princess, which is when the whole series started for me. I wouldn't say I was disappointed with the Wind Waker's style. The style is definitely different and strays away from the semi-realistic style which Zelda goes for these days but instead went for a cartoony style, represented by Toon Link. It sure is different, but different in a good way. :)

For Skyward Sword, I can't exactly see the style changing at all, but yet again I'm terrible at predicting anything, which is a given. :P I bet gameplay will change slightly, using the WiiU screen controller as an interface, instead of using the Wii Remote as a guide on the screen. Sort of similar like what they did with the touch screen in Ocarina of Time 3D.

What I think would be a super gimmick though, but really cool is like they used the WiiU controller like a map on your belt or backpack, where you have to put it in front of you to see where to go, which will pause the game and you can do what it is you need with the map and other settings, such as putting on a new Tunic or whatever. :3

Years
I remember I was really mad at Wind Waker's style at first. XD I didn't expect it at all, and I remember playing a bit of it at Toys R' Us and hating it. XD

But yeah, not too long after that I got to play it more thoroughly at a friend's house, and I fell in love with it. It's one of my favourites now. :D

For Skyward Sword, I can't exactly see the style changing at all, but yet again I'm terrible at predicting anything, which is a given. :P I bet gameplay will change slightly, using the WiiU screen controller as an interface, instead of using the Wii Remote as a guide on the screen. Sort of similar like what they did with the touch screen in Ocarina of Time 3D.

Oh no, I meant the Wii U demo, not Skyward Sword. You know, SS is gonna be Wii title and we know a lot about it too. What I was referring too was the new TP-reminiscent demo they showed as gameplay for the Wii U.

Here's the link:

Zelda Wii U demo at E3

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I remember I was really mad at Wind Waker's style at first. XD I didn't expect it at all, and I remember playing a bit of it at Toys R' Us and hating it. XD

But yeah, not too long after that I got to play it more thoroughly at a friend's house, and I fell in love with it. It's one of my favourites now. :D
Honestly I think that its style just turned it into a brilliant piece of art as well as a video game. I too didn't like it at first but I think it just adds a whole new dimension to it which I really don't see often in games, or at least the ones I've played.

Bela

Banned
Years
Totally joining this :)

Username/Nickname: Bela
Why do you like Zelda? I've always enjoyed playing this series for its sense of adventure, fulfilling the role of a legend, fighting enemies, collecting rupees, getting cool weapons, traversing through dungeons, solving difficult puzzles.
Which Zelda games have you played? The Legend of Zelda (NES), Link to the Past (SNES), Ocarina of Time (N64), Windwaker (GCN), Twilight Princess (Wii), Phantom Hourglass (DS), Spirit Tracks (DS)
Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? A Link to the Past was my first and most favorite. It seems like this one in particular had a lasting impression on me that some of the others lacked.
Favorite Zelda character(s), and why? Ganon. More recent games have strayed away from focusing on the Link/Zelda/Ganon Triforce concept, which is unfortunate. I feel that is what made this series so great--having these three characters in a constant struggle spanning multiple games.
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Some select scenes in Twilight Princess were pretty cool, mostly the ones that focused on Zant and Ganondorf. Other than that, beating the game is always the best. =)

And I can't wait for Skyward Sword either. Should be fun!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Oh no, I meant the Wii U demo, not Skyward Sword. You know, SS is gonna be Wii title and we know a lot about it too. What I was referring too was the new TP-reminiscent demo they showed as gameplay for the Wii U.

Here's the link:

Zelda Wii U demo at E3
I must've interpreted that wrongly, since I had all these intentions that Skyward Sword was going to be on the Wii U. :P But anyway, what I meant is that Skyward Sword does have the distinct graphic style which is a cross of the realism which Twilight Princess aimed for, and the cartoon style that Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and so on used with Toon Link. As for how they can have a graphic port for the Wii U, I have no idea how that's going to work, considering the game may or may not need to be remade for these graphic capabilities as well.

Anyway, mind if I bring up a topic?

We all know that Zelda isn't something which uses a lot of spinoff games, except for Link's Crossbow Training, which came with the Wii Zapper anyway. How do you think the Zelda series would be different if it had used a lot more spinoff games?

Years
We all know that Zelda isn't something which uses a lot of spinoff games, except for Link's Crossbow Training, which came with the Wii Zapper anyway. How do you think the Zelda series would be different if it had used a lot more spinoff games?

I don't know, I've always wanted to see a Zelda Racer. XD It's a wild dream, I know. But there have been ocassions in Zelda that point out it could work; In Majora's Mask, for instance, there's the Goron Races and the Zora hoop thing against the beavers. In Ocarina, there's the race against Ingo. There's always boat racing, Wind Waker style.

A game that would incorporate modes like those and add Zelda items Mario-Kart style (bombs/arrows/hearts/hookshot, just think of the possibilities! XD) would be awesome!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Anyway, mind if I bring up a topic?

Hmmmm, the main thing, I think, would be that the fan base would be split a little, when a new game is released because they will all be going "NEW MAIN SERIES GAME!" or "NEW SPIN OFF GAME!" depending on what they wanted, and then mini flame wars might erupt. XD

Other than that, I don't know how it would affect the games at all...all I can hope is that main series game quality wouldn't go down at all. XD

Nihilego

Years
So, I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough for either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Probably the former; I've already stated in here (I think) how much I love the exploration side of it and all that. It's just getting started that's my problem, really. The Forsaken Fortress always just seems like a storyline mountain to me really, it takes me forever to deal with. ;-;

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
So, I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough for either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Probably the former; I've already stated in here (I think) how much I love the exploration side of it and all that. It's just getting started that's my problem, really. The Forsaken Fortress always just seems like a storyline mountain to me really, it takes me forever to deal with. ;-;

Haha, coincidentally enough, I was gonna start a Wind Waker playthrough...that is, if my brother won't stop hogging the Wii. -__- But I have to agree about the Forsaken Fortress. It just feels sluggish compared to the rest of the game. Fortunately, the rest of the game is so fun, it more than makes up for the beginning. XD

Nihilego

Years
I think it's probably the fact that you don't get any items for the most part. That and how you have to go back loads every single time you get caught just makes it so repetitive. It's the later game that I really enjoy the most though, although it's been much too long for me to really give any specific points. Which is one of the reasons I want to play it so much again!

All of the above can be said for Twilight Princess though, so ugh now I'm stuck. And I still have two Pokémon games to be getting through too. ¬¬

Back