• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
So in advanced map I'm trying to make some rooms for the houses in one of the towns. I'm just using the list of rooms that went with the original town map but i noticed three of the rooms i cant alter individuality. if i change one they all change the same way. Is there a way i can change that so that i can make them all individual? I'm still new to rom hacking so sorry if this is an easy fix and i just don't know how :p also is there a way i can look through all the tilesets or can i only look at them individuality through the header?

The easiest way, would be to open up one of the maps and click insert map at the top. Then, creat a new map bank and put it in there. I've had problems with expanding the origional map banks before, so it's safest just to put it in a new one.

Basically, your just copying the map to a new slot that isn't linked to the others. Remeber to change all of the warps and scripts over.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Wichu made a decapitalization patch for Emerald, but the download link is broken. Does anyone know where a more up-to-date download is?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Does anyone know how to fix the Advance Map problem with the wild pokemon data where ti freaks out and anytime you change to a different map it will say its not a pointer adn then not save your wild pokemon data?
I know i shouldnt have done this, but a while back i set the encounter rate to 0 at mt moon on FR, then it started doing that, so i just remade the same map somewhere else and havent touched the original mt moon. now im trying to edit it somewhere else, and its having the same pointer problem, even though i didnt mess with the encounter rate. Does anyone know how to fix this?

karatekid552

Years
Does anyone know how to fix the Advance Map problem with the wild pokemon data where ti freaks out and anytime you change to a different map it will say its not a pointer adn then not save your wild pokemon data?
I know i shouldnt have done this, but a while back i set the encounter rate to 0 at mt moon on FR, then it started doing that, so i just remade the same map somewhere else and havent touched the original mt moon. now im trying to edit it somewhere else, and its having the same pointer problem, even though i didnt mess with the encounter rate. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You know how when you add a new section to the wild data how it automatically makes a new pointer? Take a look at those and make sure they are pointers and not something glitched. This is my guess from your descriptions. The only error I get is the I/O 32 error, but that hasn't caused much of a problem after a restart.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
You know how when you add a new section to the wild data how it automatically makes a new pointer? Take a look at those and make sure they are pointers and not something glitched. This is my guess from your descriptions. The only error I get is the I/O 32 error, but that hasn't caused much of a problem after a restart.
Well, the new mt moon has been fine, but the error from the original one i think may be affecting the rest of the maps. Cause now the same error is starting to happen in other cities. for me it says its error 5

karatekid552

Years
Well, the new mt moon has been fine, but the error from the original one i think may be affecting the rest of the maps. Cause now the same error is starting to happen in other cities. for me it says its error 5

I'm sorry, I honestly don't know much about amap errors. I was just giving a guess based on the message. My best bet is that somewhere linked into wold battle settings, a pointer is missing or broken. I personally would contack LU-HO, and ask him. Maybe even ask him if he has a list of error messages and their fixes. That would be nice as noone seems to have one.

LU-HO's address is [email protected]. Good luck.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2017
i am new to rom hacking so i watched this video(youtube dot com slash watch?v=4tm4vZd0jQo). i did everything exactly the way he did, but for some reason, instead of the guy talking the game froze. any ideas.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
I'm having a bit of trouble with the APE. I'm trying to load a 16-bit .pal exported from IrfanView, but I'm continuously getting an "Invalid palette loaded!" error. Any attempts to load a palette after this error cause the program to crash.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, can anyone help me out?

EDIT: Incidentally, what's the palette offset for the "Press Start" image on FR's titlescreen?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
I'm sorry, I honestly don't know much about amap errors. I was just giving a guess based on the message. My best bet is that somewhere linked into wold battle settings, a pointer is missing or broken. I personally would contack LU-HO, and ask him. Maybe even ask him if he has a list of error messages and their fixes. That would be nice as noone seems to have one.

LU-HO's address is [email protected]. Good luck.
Yeah, I sent him an email, im hoping hell reply soon. Thanks though.
Would anyone also happen to know how to transfer old Amap creations from one ROM save to another? Cause I have some older maps that I want to put into my hack without having to go through the trouble of completely recreating them.

karatekid552

Years
How do I give the player the sevii island maps?

I tested it through some warp changes just after the beginning of the game and he already has it. At least the first three islands, but I'm guessing it'll work the same for the rest.

Yeah, I sent him an email, im hoping hell reply soon. Thanks though.
Would anyone also happen to know how to transfer old Amap creations from one ROM save to another? Cause I have some older maps that I want to put into my hack without having to go through the trouble of completely recreating them.

Make sure the two places have the exact same tiles. Then, File->Map->Save map as. Then open up the new game and select Open map... instead. Make sure to insert the map after you open it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
I tested it through some warp changes just after the beginning of the game and he already has it. At least the first three islands, but I'm guessing it'll work the same for the rest.

Make sure the two places have the exact same tiles. Then, File->Map->Save map as. Then open up the new game and select Open map... instead. Make sure to insert the map after you open it.
Would anything bad happen if there were custom tiles in one map, but not the original? would it mess up my game or just have weird mixed tiles where the custom ones would be?
also, what would happen if i had events on the old maps? i noticed the script tiles and npcs are also inserted along with their scripts. does that mean the scripts have been compiled into the memory for the game?

karatekid552

Years
Would anything bad happen if there were custom tiles in one map, but not the original? would it mess up my game or just have weird mixed tiles where the custom ones would be?

It saves the tiles by number. If you changed tile 0x24B, it is going to load the new tile from the set already in the game. So, yeah, weird mixed tiles.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
I'm having a bit of trouble with the APE. I'm trying to load a 16-bit .pal exported from IrfanView, but I'm continuously getting an "Invalid palette loaded!" error. Any attempts to load a palette after this error cause the program to crash.

EDIT: Incidentally, what's the palette offset for the "Press Start" image on FR's titlescreen?

Disregard this, I just opened APE's colour picker and manually edited the palette. Seemed to work apart from a slight graphical error, nothing big though!

Now, who knows the offsets for both the "Fire Red Version" logo and the Charizard sprite?

karatekid552

Years

Disregard this, I just opened APE's colour picker and manually edited the palette. Seemed to work apart from a slight graphical error, nothing big though!

Now, who knows the offsets for both the "Fire Red Version" logo and the Charizard sprite?

Several tutorials, including this one which only does the charizard. I'll find the text in a sec:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196269

It also has a solution to your APE problem.

Found the title pallete. You know you can find palletes using the pallete view in VBA, right? I can teach you if you wish. The offset is EAB844 and is is not compressed.

Last edited:

thizzman

PKMN rom maker and hacker
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2022
Shadow Pokemon 4 ma hack!!!

K, so im making a pokemon xd gale of darkness hack for gba...
HOWEVER!
I know I have asked this already But, Does anyone know how I could Put in catchable shadow pokemon that trainers send out.. And they have thier own pallette?? PLS PLS PLS PLS ANSWER!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019

It works for allowing you to see the map, but you have to do some specific event for the little icon that lets you toggle between the maps to show up.

Also I'm not totally sure how to edit which map a location shows up in (meaning which map it defaults to showing when you use the town map item). Is there a way to edit this or is it hard-coded which maps go where into the ROM and we have to edit around that?

thizzman

PKMN rom maker and hacker
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2022
Ok so, Karatekid522 and i were figuring out a way we could do shadow pokemon!
And I thought of an idea that might Just work!

#dynamic 0x700000

#org @begin
trainerbattle 0x3 0x001 0x0 @intro @defeat
msgbox @afterwards
callstd msg_normal
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 2
if == jump 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle TAILLOW 5 RARECANDY
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitspecial
clearflag 0x807
special2 0x800D 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 1
if == jump 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 4
if == jump 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 5
if == jump 0x8162561
setflag 0x200
end
#org @intro
= I will defeat you!

#org @defeat
= You're in for it!

#org @afterwards
= Face the wrath of my shadow pokemon!!!

What I've tried to do is to make a normal trainerbattle, Then add a wild pokemon at the end.. With a message (Face the wrath of my shadow pokemon!!!!)
Just improvising.. This worked
However we had a few errors
error 1: You can escape pokemon wild battles!!! So we found an ability that keeps you within the battle, this was (Arena trap! ability of trapinch)

(We couldnt fix this one) PLS HELP US HERE!
Error 2
it says wild pokemon taillow appeared
Is there a way you can modify what it says.. That way it would look like it said Shadow pokemon tailow appeared??? Pls answer soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back