• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How are you going with the pokemon selection thing, Dark? Have you had much time to do it? I have block exams starting tomorrow so I will have to do some studying tonight.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I haven't had a chance to work on it much. Don't be expecting it for a while. School ends soon. Then I'll go off to sleep away camp over the summer, so when I get back (3 weeks) I'll work on it more. I'll just add bits here and bits there as the free time comes along :)

Years
Wow.. I think the work is about to slow down a fair bit.. I have block exams all next week. But after that i have school still so i will do some work then.. I should have a bit of free time then. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Is the battle system project being halted? There hasn't been any discussion in this thread for awhile. I got a question too. Would this battle system be easy to use, especially for noobs...lol. I'm a newbie to both RM2k3 and to this board.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Is the battle system project being halted?
NO.

Would this battle system be easy to use, especially for noobs...lol. I'm a newbie to both RM2k3 and to this board.
We're trying to make it easy for other people to use, but when the demo comes
out, it would probably hard for people first starting RM2K/3 to use.

Years
PKMN_Sage said:
Is the battle system project being halted? There hasn't been any discussion in this thread for awhile. I got a question too. Would this battle system be easy to use, especially for noobs...lol. I'm a newbie to both RM2k3 and to this board.
I am sorry I havent been able to do much work on the battle because I have exams and so does pretty much everyone else on this project. I have another week of school before the holidays so I will have to wait till then.
In answer to your question, yes it should be easy to use but I would reccomend using rm2k3 for a while before implementing this into your game because I am sure it will be a bit hard to do. I have yet to see when we will get a demo out but it should be soon. If other people reply to this topic I will write back but I havent had any progress for a while so I don't post here (I check it every now and then).

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I worked a tad on the selection screen. I've got the basics set up. Just gotta work on the CMS part. It shouldn't be that hard, just gotta keep working with those graphics :)

Years
Should I set up the programming to work with one map for pokemon selection from menu and battle? Or should we make it less confusing and have one map for the menu and one map for the battle? I can go either way so I don't care

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I agree with Phoenix316. That would make it easier for people to use
and understand.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Krazy_Meerkat said:
They are from this site: http://www.vilhjalmur.com/butterfree/gallery.htm
I am NOT claiming credit from them I just want to use them in the game.
I will give full credit to Butterfree aka Dragonfree regaurding her modified pokemon (if we use them) I am pretty sure we have permission because:
those are awesome sprites I will edit the ones that are ment to be normal.

Years
Ok deal. I still haven't started yet because I still have school but I have to have a plan before I code all of this anyway. DM is still working on the cms part of it and he is making advances but I will have to wait for him so I can start my part. Go at your own pace DM I would rather have it done good than quick :)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
yep i agree. i've said this a few times now but we still need a name. since most of us aren't doing anything we might as well come up with some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back