• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showering

How Long Do You [Typically] Shower For?

• < 9min

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • 10min

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • 15min

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • 20min

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • 25min+

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Shaving needlessly under no pretence beyond being female is a sad thing, I've always thought.

Sure, but I just know that if I don't shave every two days, I:

1) start getting stinky. The underarm hairs are natural clings for sweat which rubs on clothes and causes both an odour and stains
2) risk the chance that I start to menstruate. If the lady parts aren't shaved, blood clings to it making it very, very difficult to remove. Shaving frequently avoids menstrual complications.
3) will eventually get too-long leg hairs which jam razors a lot faster. Economically, shaving more frequently prolongs a razor's life which saves money.

Prefer to avoid smelling stinky and wasting money by shaving every two days.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Oh wow....that's errr.....quite a lesson in female hygienics. I have always liked the ladies to be hairless, but I never really thought about it like that.....

Belldandy

Years
Oh wow....that's errr.....quite a lesson in female hygienics. I have always liked the ladies to be hairless, but I never really thought about it like that.....

Yeah, it's really to avoid complications / wasting razors. The fact it makes you nice and smooth is a bonus :P

Spoiler:

But considering all that, it's so annoying when my dad gets all hyped about the length of the shower. There's good reason for it!

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
No matter what, my showers are always 30 minutes. That includes hair, body and w/e.
It's become so routine, that I can't have a shower unless the time is :00 or :30 (my roommate thinks I'm crazy) >_>

I prefer waxing, so yeah.

Years
And here I thought that anything over 10 minutes was a long shower. I guess that's just my upbringing where I was told not to waste water. I don't do anything in the shower that doesn't need to be done. If I'm shaving I'll even turn the water pressure down to keep from using as much.

Belldandy

Years
And here I thought that anything over 10 minutes was a long shower. I guess that's just my upbringing where I was told not to waste water. I don't do anything in the shower that doesn't need to be done. If I'm shaving I'll even turn the water pressure down to keep from using as much.

Yeah, that might have something to do with it. We might be taking water for granted in North America, although I wouldn't say long showers is as bad as watering your lawn all day, washing your car, etc. Those things aren't necessary :v and again, could argue that a long shower isn't necessary either, but I think it really reduces stress and clears your mind.

http://www.howtodothings.com/how-to-use-the-shower-to-relieve-stress

Hot, steamy, nice-smelling-soap showers :P definite stress relief! And we all [ought to] know that stress is the cause / related to mannnnyyy diseases, some very bad, so... Less stress, yay!

I know my dad's house as a kid was on a well, so maybe that's where his concerns come from? "Don't drain the well"?

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
I spend a long, long time in the shower, usually around 20 minutes, or more if I have to shave. I usually daydream when I'm showering; it helps to calm me down, as I'm usually tense around that time. I also have to wash, condition, rinse, and repeat with my hair, as well as applying body wash, so I guess I take a bit longer than average. It's bad for the environment but I can't get out of the habit, sadly.

Reb0rn

Son of a Plunder
Years
On weekdays, I take a cold 5 minute, just to wake me up and get me ready for school. In the weekend though, I take up to half an hour sometimes, of which only 10 minutes is me actually cleansing my body. I guess I'm searching for my soul.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I shower for only 5 mins, there was once I showered for like 10 secs, I put the water on my head and leave, but that was during a camp.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
10-15 minutes. It's enough to wash my hair, scrub myself down, and stand there staring at the wall for a while. Showers always feel really long to me. I'll be in there for what feels like 20 minutes, but when I get out it's only been 10.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I usually shower first thing in the morning, it's what wakes me up. I need the water to be really warm, though, cause I hate the feeling of the water chilling my body, even if it's in the slightest amount possible. If the water doesn't get that warm, I'll literally just go to the sink (cause that always has scolding water for some reason) and take my "shower" at the sink. Lol.

But when the shower does work, I let it run over my body for a while before I get the shampoo and lather that, then scrub my body. Then I let everything rinse off, and just stand there enjoying the bliss of the heat. Then I brave the elements and walk out of the shower, and die a little on the inside when the cold air hits my body.

This all lasts about 10 - 15 minutes. Sometimes longer if I really wanna just rest. I piss my entire family off though, cause we all need to use the bathroom at the same time. =P

Years
I keep it short and sweet: put on shampoo, face wash, conditioner, body wash, rinse, maybe turn around a few times to relax, and then get out. It doesn't take more than 15 minutes, probably less than 10 most days.

I don't want to take long showers. Seems wasteful to me.

Years
The amount of time I spend in the shower all depends on my hair legnth, to be honest xD If my hair is really short, it can be from 5-10 minutes, when it's moderate, 10 minutes, and moderately long 10-15 minutes (which is how my hair is now).. however a few years ago when I had my hair down to shoulder legnth it took me as much as 20-25 minutes to shower.

My typical shower routine is just me washing my hair, rinsing it, then washing my body and rinsing it. Then I dry my hair quickly, then my body. Once I look into my mirror, I dry my hair once more, brush it, then dry once more and brush it again.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
A shower in the morning for me is like coffee for most people. I can spend a half hour in there easy, and I'm not even doing any naughty stuff.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Typically 10 minutes. I rush stuff...although sometimes I just stay in the shower, doing nothing for around 5 minutes, then I wash my hair and stuffs.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
An actual shower usually takes me fifteen minutes, maybe more depending on how much I've done in the span of the day. I don't really use shampoos & the like.

Also, I remember my father sometime barging into the shower telling me to get out - not just knocking on the door, but outright going in the bathroom & opening the shower door to tell me to get out. That's something that I'm not too fond of recalling...

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
It takes me about ten minutes to shower, sometimes a bit less, sometimes just a bit more. I like to stand under the water quite a bit. There's nothing better than hot water pouring down on you sometimes.
Exactly. Nothing like getting up and contemplating how your day is gonna play out while under the oh-so-awesome stream of warm water! Relaxing yet energizing at the same time.

I take about 10 minutes myself. If my face is overly scruff then maybe add a few minutes more as I prefer to shave in the shower versus in front of the mirror over a sink. More shower time. :P

Years
For me, it always depends on how long my hair is that determines how long I'm in the shower. When I've got longer hair, I usually wash it twice, so it takes me 15-20 minutes in the shower. If I've got really short hair like I do now, it never takes me more than 10 minutes in the shower (like today, I took maybe 5-6 minutes, tops).

I can't stand being in the shower any longer than I need to, so I couldn't imagine taking 30 minute showers 4 or 5 times a week, when I typically spend that long stretched out over a few days.

Belldandy

Years
I hate showering, but I just can't seem to speed up lol I used to take showers double in length, but I've shortened it to ~20min to save time. I love the feeling of being clean; it's just so bothersome to have to shower so often to achieve it, though.

Back