• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
congrats on all new shinies.

question: has anyone tried the new breeding mechanic with the destiny knot with ev ítems? i don't know if one cancels the effect of the other.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Welcome back, Flydro!

Don't let yourself get demotivated. Seeing many Shinies spring up can indeed seem demotivating, but always remember that you know the time and effort put into your Shinies and that's what really matters, in the end. Much like with breeding for IVs, I stay off those methods out of a personal preference, as I'm guessing you do. Even if people have new ways of getting them now, you can always be reassured by the date, generation and location of your own Pokémon. The species in your collection may be easier to acquire now and they may be worth less for others, but you shouldn't let your own perception of them change.

A lot of methods have been implemented that drastically reduce the odds, that's true. If you don't feel right using them, then you don't have to. In fact, I tried chain fishing for a bit and gave away one of the Shinies I got, since I didn't feel right keeping it; planning to do the same with the Friend Safari. Of the Shinies I have from easier measures (everything that isn't RE, SR, normal and Masuda breeding), only one is a Shiny I didn't use to have before my old games were stolen - my Staraptor. That was the first Shiny I got and Radar'd for in Gen IV, so I was quite excited!

In the end, if you don't feel like you owe anything to anyone in regards to the authenticity or rarity of your collection, you'll be better off.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
WELL, after fishing for a while, I ran into a shiny poliwhirl. I decided to evolve it into this adorable critter <3 :

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Unfortunately, it has a docile nature. But nonetheless, I think this one will be on my team forever. :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Hey guys got a new shiny!

Spoiler:

It took a 100ish SRs doing 5 fossils per SR. 1 Kabuto, 1 Cranidos, 2 Tirtougas and an Archen. This file is one of my luckiest files I've had since my Diamond file. Also just need one more flying type to complete this months challenge too!

That was just a hunt I was doing on the side while hunting Espurr, at about 5200~ REs for that I really hope I can get it. Also still REing on Black, not really going for anything specific just going around to different areas trying to figure out what I should hunt next.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
So, I bring more news! I was hunting along happily with my pokeradar, and after just 15 short chains this one turned up. It caught me off guard and I was a little unsure as to which patch it was (there were 2 right above each other), but thankfully I got the right one:

Spoiler:

A cool shiny and it is now evolved. One that I have never got before, so I am happy :)

After that, my chain hadn't broken so I reset the radar. After I reset it a second time, I was shocked to see even more sparkles:

Spoiler:

So these would have been 15 and 16 respectively. Very small odds of this happening but hey, not complaining :)

Their IV's are average, but that's OK by me.

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
it appears that shiny pokemon seem to be avoiding me since B/W because after hearing all the incredible luck everyone is having, i still don't have another shiny under my belt, personally, i'd like to get a shiny Doublade/Aegislash or a Talonflame although judging my track record, it'll be another Bug Type. so here's hoping for Scyther/Scizor because i definitely want to use a shiny Mega Scizor.

once again congrats to all found shinys between posts.

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Congratulations on new shinys!

No new shinys encountered (then again I've been staying away from fishing and the friend safari, so I wasn't expecting to see any too much) and I'm tired out from egg hatching, I can only take it for so long.

So until I feel like hatching again... or make another attempt at chain-fishing up a Remoraid...

Anyone have an opinion on what I should hunt? I wouldn't mind hunting for any of these: Pumpkaboo, Klefki, Scorupi, Surskit, Hoppip, Inkay, Houndour, Stunky, Carbink...

I think that's a good list.

- - - LDD

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
@LDD: Go for Carbink so you can have a "Yo dawg!" moment every time you send it out, since it sounds like a Shiny when sent out normally and it'll sparkle again from the Shinyness. Ha!

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I have a great story to tell today! In fact - my second shiny ever in XY!

Sadly as I have no access to a Gale Wings Fletchling (no Fire Safari), there was indeed a Dragon Safari I wanted to try my luck with, to see if the rumors were true that shinies were easier there. My person didn't have the game, and they only had two dragons in there - Gabite and Shelgon. I was really hoping for Shelgon, but I know shiny Megachomp is great too.

I was crazy tried from last night and wanted a casual hunt, so with my friend and for a good 3 hours I just did an estimated 700-something encounters. And then the Shelgon shone! He's fabulous and green, and my Jolly sync worked somehow, miraculously. My Fletchinder accidentally burned him while battling and he was down to at least 5 health when I just decided to swallow my pride and Master Ball it.

Totally worth it. His name's Kale.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Trading a shiny Clawitzer in X and Y

Looking for a shiny pokemon, PM me offers ;D
(not sure if people trade pokemon in here or not)

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
So I am back with more news. After a fishing chain of around 5 I got a shiny chinchou :)

Forgot to take a photo of it fresh, so no idea of IV's :( This is what it is now:

Spoiler:

Years
I have a great story to tell today! In fact - my second shiny ever in XY!

Sadly as I have no access to a Gale Wings Fletchling (no Fire Safari), there was indeed a Dragon Safari I wanted to try my luck with, to see if the rumors were true that shinies were easier there. My person didn't have the game, and they only had two dragons in there - Gabite and Shelgon. I was really hoping for Shelgon, but I know shiny Megachomp is great too.

I was crazy tried from last night and wanted a casual hunt, so with my friend and for a good 3 hours I just did an estimated 700-something encounters. And then the Shelgon shone! He's fabulous and green, and my Jolly sync worked somehow, miraculously. My Fletchinder accidentally burned him while battling and he was down to at least 5 health when I just decided to swallow my pride and Master Ball it.

Totally worth it. His name's Kale.

Congrats! Shelgon is my favorite :pink_blush: I always name him Tubby because of how pudgy and adorable he is.

---

I caught my first *ever* shiny today through chain fishing in X! 40 times! Yay :pink_boogie:

Spoiler:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Shelgon is the tubbiest little ball dragon. Almost have him evolved now after EV'ing, I'm prepared to race through the e4 a bunch of times.

And if anyone has a female Gale Wings Fletchling - I'd LOVE to have it. PM me?

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Just a normal Fletching. I plan to masuda method myself a shiny.

Years
Does anyone know whether or not a chain in fishing will be broken if you put your 3DS to sleep? (not shut off altogether) I'd test myself but my highest chain is over 100 so it'd be a bit of a pain...

Typhon

'sup
Years
I forgot to post this, but a month back I got a lovely Shiny Charmeleon! And 30 mins later, I can't a sweet Shiny Nosepass. Here's a pic! <3~

Spoiler:

Back