• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Despite finishing before some other students Nika had taken close to the full time for the quiz, double checking her answers studiously. Eventually she placed her quiz sheet on Megan's desk, gathered her satchel and left the classroom. As she made her way to the rooftop battlefield she tried to decide which pokemon she should use in the upcoming battle. It seemed highly likely that the majority of students who owned a bug or grass type pokemon would try and use them, meaning her Larvesta Eve would have a considerable advantage. But this was class after all, and should primarily be about learning, not winning.

There was her new Pineco... she was very curious to see how the newly hatched pokemon fared in battle, but she'd had no time whatsoever with him this morning before she'd had to rush to class. Throwing him straight into a battle without a chance to train him a little would be foolhardy.

That left her Joltik, Spider. Her Shelmet, Sage. And of course there was Parasect and her new Yanma. By the time she reached the battlefield she was still mulling it over. Inspiration would probably strike when she learned who her opponent was to be.​

Years
After healing his Pokémon, Wyatt retreated to the Suicune Dorm to catch up on some sleep. He thought he heard some activity in the adjoining rooms, but didn't much care. Boo floated behind him, yawning and stretching. He was examining and playing with his newly formed hands. Wyatt released Gaia and Sheldon, and all four clambered onto the bed, and eventually found decent sleeping positions (which was difficult, because of the Grotle's mass), and soon drifted off to sleep. The sight would be rather awkward, as Gaia was in the middle, taking up the most space, Wyatt was curled around her, against the wall, Sheldon slept at Wyatt's feet, and Boo slept in between Gaia's bushes.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
'Well I was going to head back to the dorm to grab my stuff...'

"Sure I ain't got anything going on. Though to be honest I haven't been everywhere in this school myself." Orion admitted.

Orion returned both of his pokemon as to clear up some space. But as he did so his mind was at work. Unova... hmm she does look like someone from there... oh well guess it doesn't matter much.

"Well firstly I guess we have the dorms here. named for the three Johto beasts. Personally I prefer Raikau, but aparently they put the one weak to him at the top."

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Battlefield #6]

Drew's Umbreon came at Tristen's Skarmory and landed a solid retaliate on its breastplate, knocking the steel bird back with unexpected force. Tristen frowned. Because Petilil had fainted from Gabriel's attack, Umbreon's counter move came with extra power. If Skarmory didn't have its armor, he might've been in serious trouble... The red-eyed girl bit her lip.

Poor thing, Tristen thought as she turned to the fainted grass-type pokemon through the cloud of dust. I didn't think it'd faint that quickly... She felt a little bit sorry for the small green bulb as she was returned to her pokeball.

Meanwhile, Skarmory tried to shake his head to recover from the stunning blow, and Gabriel turned to await his next order. "Gabriel, taunt, but keep your distance from Skarmory!" Promptly, the small purple frog began bothering Embee in an attempt to direct his attention elsewhere. I need to give Skarmory time to recover--We really need to work on his agility.

Immediately after commanding Gabriel, Tristen shouted at the steel bird. "Skarmory. Skarmory! Snap out of it, and use air cutter!"

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years

Chloe Evergreen
-Suicune Dorms-

Ani315MS.png
Ani184MS.png
Ani605MS.png

" Well I just need the basic things to know like, where the classes are held and where to hang out in my free time." Chloe said starting to walk alongside Orion as he explained about the dorms. However Chloe already knew all that but it was fun seeing him try to act like a guide.

"Hmmm in my case I don't have a favorite as all three of them seem spectacular, but if I'd have to choose one it would be Suicune." She said. " Is the rivalry so wretched between the dorms or am I sensing it wrong? " she asked, as from what she was hearing from the teenager it seems that the three dorms didn't get along that well, or at least the students weren't happy about it.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"some people take it a bit far. I personally just wan them all gone. One dorm equal for everyone. its pathetic really. Well anyway the main classrooms are all in that building, but classes are going on and well I'd prefer not to get called out for making too much noise in those halls. I can show you around the town though. Thats bit out of the way fo course." Orion explained.

Of course this had to be his day off. showing a new girl around. To other people it mightbe great, but he'd come here to meet up with an old friend who seemed to not exist here. Maybe she'd turn up eventually.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin Ren

Kenshin was surprised at Killik waving to him. He was even more surprised that the teacher had came to him and introduced himself to him. He usually doesn't expect this kind of personal greeting from a teacher.

"Um...K-Kenshin...sir..."

He at least answered the man's question. That's a good enough start, he thought to himself.

Pikachu's ears twitched as he looked down from Kenshin's shoulder and saw Yaiba.

Uh...Not much.

Pikachu was kinda surprised himself that his opponent from that battle came over to speak to him. But he didn't mind it.

(OOC: They did. Yaiba had also fought against Kenshin's Torchic-now-Combusken in that battle)

Years
"Ah, Kenshin! Wonderful! Please take a seat as the lesson will start shortly."

Ryan turned to his desk and picked up a small stack of papers that had several questions. He placed the sheets face down on each of the desks then he sat down on his chair and waited for others to arrive.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth Argoz

Seth realized as he got closer that thy were apparently ignoring him. Smart snobs... Think they know everything... Seth then decided to keep walking aimless ly, the voices had swelled to an alarming magnitude, and he was getting a headache. He eventually came to a stadium. This looks promising... Shadow nodded his head in agreement. Seth walked in to find a stadium covered with ice. Battlefield 9 was written on a large banner accross the back wall.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
(Ooc: ^^ Thanks Bassiroth! Let's see... We're just missing Ruby & Drake for the class. I don't know who RPs as Drake, but PinkSapphire, I believe she'll post tomorrow.)

Kilik Chambers - Mr. Ryan's Classroom

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

I could see Kenshin was surprised to see me. Guess I must be famous. I hope the other students get here soon. I wanna see how smart I am on this little quiz. I bet I know my legends.

I was tapping my right index finger on my desk with my left elbow on the desk & my head resting on my left hand, looking bored as my eyes wander around the class. Boredom can be so cruel. I could see Yaiba was talking with Kenshin's Pikachu. Even Pokemon can get bored it seems.

Uh...Not much. Pikachu replied. Yaiba took out one of his shells & began examining it.

I gotta say, he began, still examining his shell, you were pretty good on our first battle. How's your training? Yaiba put his shell back & waited for Pikachu to reply. I almost fell asleep just now! Good thing Pokemon interest me.

TheAmazingTaco

Crazy Cardboard Box Hobo
Years
(OOC: First RP post @_@ Sorry if I mess up or something. :< )

It was time! Time for RJ to go out and meet fellow students of the academy. No time to be shy! Definitely! RJ took a deep breath as he reached for the door handle. He was going to try and walk out. His hand gripped the cold handle of the door, but then he stalled. --Come on. Open the door.-- He thought to himself. He just had to. Unfortunately, he just stood there. Thinking about how to open this contraption. "What if I screw up and have to go back home? Grandma would be upset with me and my cousin. . . will probably shank me." The bitter thought of his rough-tough younger cousin pulverizing him because he chickened out.

His Scyther was standing behind him, patiently waiting to walk outside. Nope. His trainer wasn't going to budge. So finally, after a good few minutes of waiting, Slasher finally nudged RJ to the door. If he had fingers he would have opened it for RJ. But sadly, he did not. Although the idea of slicing the door open did appeal to him.

"Okay! Okay Slasher. I-I'll go!" And with that nudge of encouragement, he finally opened the door and stepped outside. And even so, he eventually made it out where a lot of other students are.

"Err-" RJ said. This was interesting for him. How would he be able to talk to other people so suddenly? Despite his excitable nature, he comes off shy at first then that's when his friendly and talkative side takes over. "Slasher, where should we go, huh?" He looked over to him curiously.

Slasher looked around for a moment. His attention was redirected to RJ. Now he was getting annoyed with his friend. It's odd seeing RJ being all shy and awkward about conversing with people he didn't know. "Scyther!" He then headbutted RJ lightly, just to keep him going.

RJ stumbled forward a bit and decided to speak up in a quiet tone. Maybe someone will say hello back? "Er-H-Hello?" Then Slasher poked him in the side with his scythe. "Hello everyone!!!!!" He yipped. No he has no idea where he's going either.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth Argoz

Seth didn't know how to explain it, but something was pulling him back to the dorms. There was a small internal sense that it was urgent. Knowing about such things from his time enrolled in the gym, he was obliged to listen to it, and let his subconscious mind guide him. Where he ended up suprised him. He was back in front of the Suicune dorm. He walked inside, and was suprised at what he saw. Floating in front of one of the doors was a Haunter. He now realized why the voices had become louder. He extended his mind towards the Haunter and touched a surprisingly warm concience for a ghost type Pokemon.
Do you belong to the trainer in that room? A nod from the Haunter.
What do you want?

Years
Wyatt sat up in bed. "Boo?" The Haunter was elsewhere. He fell out of bed, and shuffled across the room. Wyatt opened the door, and there was Boo, along with some other trainer. "THERE you are. What's going on? Who's this?" The Haunter threw its hands into the air--its best effort at a shrug, lacking elbows--and returned to his owner's side. "Who are you?" Wyatt asked Seth. His Shellos and Grotle had since entered the doorframe, peeking out to see what was going on. Wyatt looked Seth up and down, trying to determine his intentions and motives. Boo lay a comforting hand on Wyatt's shoulder, but he still held some anxiety about what was going on. His Shellos slithered up his leg, and perched atop Wyatt's head.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Academy Hallways
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie placed her hands on her hips all like 'I am so disappointed!'. ... She just sort of blinked when Kiyoko started to speak again however. So he... he did speak. He spoke well, but... who was R men? What was that all about? In all frankness, Valorie came from Unova. Team Plasma was sort of their resident terrorists, not Team Rocket. Valorie just sort of bent over the table some, slowly, bringing her face closer to Kiyoko's level. Someone page Gold for 'dat rear'. ...No seriously someone get Gold. ;o

"...My name's Valorie. I'm a student here at this school." Valorie said in a rather serious tone. "You've..--I'm not an R man, or an R girl." She took a deep breath and let it out. This seemed to help her chill out a bit. "...I don't even know what that means... Listen, you're kind of... /mine/ now. Do you think we could talk about this?" she continued, in a more casually but still somewhat frustrated tone.

Valorie seemed oddly okay with talking to a Pokemon. She... kind of had experience. Kiyoko might sense her yamask's presence hiding in her shadows currently, passively listening to the conversation. After a moment, Valorie pulled out a pokemon treat. It wasn't exactly generic stuff. This was, as the name implied, a treat. Something rather yummy, though it was little more than a snack or perhaps a very light meal given Kiyoko's size. "...Still feeling out of it?" She held the treat out to Kiyoko, offering it to him. This time, her tone was more friendly. She was puttin aside her frustrations for the moment being.

Olivia Wolf - N's Classroom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olivia totally just tilted her head and then proceeded to giggle at N's response, before growing wide eyed. What? Whaaaat..? His Zoroark tasted him?! ...Hah. Naaah. He was obviously joking!~ Of course! She was a genius. To be fair, Olivia wasn't all that concerned with looking smart to others. Or... or was she? Wait a second! Boys /liked/ intelligent girls! Suddenly Olivia appeared more focused. She was determined to answer this question.

...Cue the grinding of her brain's gears to a halt.

"...Um... The uncalculatable stuff?"

...Veeery specific, Olivia.

Elizabeth - Elizabeth's Classroom
Elizabeth watched Takumi with interest. Aww... look at that! Takumi was the teacher's pet! Er... prodigy! Something. In hindsight, absolutely every standard teacher joke sounded awkward when you considered that Takumi was both taller than she was and looked older. FIST OF THE BIG. DIPPER. She seemed to be watching Takumi with interest. After a moment she looked up and observed the rest of the class before moving her way out from behind her desk to get a better view of what some of the students were doing. It might seem that she didn't have much intention of handing out any of her other pokeballs--At least, not without being asked anyway. After a few moments she spoke up.

"Does...--Does anyone need any... assistance?" she offered, not quite able to visibly see how everyone was doing from her rather small vantage point. You'd think she would use a pokemon to boost herself up or something!

Dardanette Korie - Dead Forest
Dardanette's Gengar abruptly hunched over in anticipation, it's eyes flashing before speedily leaping out of the way of the oncoming attacks. It had used detect in order to predict and dodge. It had made most of C.J.'s attack innefective. The... remaining part of the attack however... was super effective.

C.J.'s gible summoned a sandstorm, immediately reducing Dardanette's ability to breath by 50-75%. She began to choke, seeming confused and disorientated by the attack. She needed to filter her breathing through her sleeve, or she'd literally /inhale/ sand repeatedly! Which is... totally hilariously fatal. Dardanette let go of C.J. and shielded her mouth with her sleeve, the cloth letting air through but not sand. Regardless, she was still quite disorientated as the attack pelted her body. And ... and then Gible came at her and slammed into her gut with a giga impact attack. The results were immediate. The attack caused Dardanette's knees to buckle, and she hunched over as the small pokemon plowed into her with all the force of an actual jet plane. Her feet slid across the ground before she lost her balance, falling down in a bodily manner and continuing to skid backwards before stopping in a rather uncomfortable looking position half a dozen meters away. Her fedora lay nearby.

...The best way one could describe what they'd just seen was that it looked quite like a car crash at very much fatal speeds. The strange girl did not get back up.

All of a sudden the ghostly aura glowing around Dardanette's pokemon faded, and with it they seemed to grow weaker. He had discovered a weakspot, and all it had required him to do was brutally beat up a girl. Dardanette's pokemon seemed disorientated and looked around, their eyes slowly settling on C.J. and his own pokemon.

Years
C.J. Styles
Dead Forest

Well, his attacks on the Gengar didn't go as planned. But his attack on the girl went a little to well. Seems Giga Impact might have been a bit to much after all. Should have went with tackle. It's not exactly like C.J. took pleasure in nearly killing this girl, but he felt relieved for the first time since she showed up.

As soon as Dardanette had let go of his hand C.J. jumped back behind his Pokemon covering his mouth as he did. The Sandstorm did as intended but it also effected himself as well as his own Pokemon. He has to figure away out of this soon or he might end up like she just did.

That ghostly aura also dissipated, so the girl was connected to it after all. The Pokemon Dardanette had with her seemed to lose their power and concentration. Perhaps they weren't use to being without their trainer? Best take advantage of this.

C.J.: "Good job guys, but we're not done yet. Custos, Ax, use Aerial Ace! Chomp Sand Tomb! Ace use Dragon Breathe on Gengar again!" Ack, ghost types. Limit his move set put hopefully the disorientation will be just what he needs.

They were outnumbered still but he had to make the most of it. Custos and Ax jumped into the air as white streaks of light surrounded them. They criss-crossed in the air before turning and heading back towards the ground. Ax aiming at the Golurk while Custos focused on the Elecktross. Meanwhile Chomp waves her arms to one side, kicking up sand. Then, she waves her arms to the other side and a cyclone of sand is fired at the Swalot and Hydreigon
opposing her.. If the sand reaches the Swalot or Hydreigon, it will spin around it like a tornado.

Once again a cyclone of pale purple wind appears around Ace's body and he releases a stream of pale purple fire from his mouth at the Gengar. Hopefully this time it makes contact.

After he had given his Pokemon their orders C.J. began looking for an escape route. If the time comes that Mean Look is no longer in effect he will be running, he just needs to find out where to run to.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth withdrew back into his own conciosness and eyed the trainer. He seemed friendly enough, but was kind of nervous.
"hello, I'm Seth. I'm not sure why yet, but you Haunter called me over here... Right, this is Shadow." With this, he released the Shuppet from his ball.
Well Shadow, what do you think? But his Pokemon was busy conversing with Boo and just gave a mental shrug.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Charlie Fitzpatrick
Oak Town -> Academy Grounds

The silver Mercedes moved at such speed, that it got from Charlie's beach house to the parking lot of the Academy in just a matter of minutes. Once it came to a stop, the doors opened and Charlie, dressed in a hawaiian shirt and shorts, came out of it. It was then that he realised that he forgot to change his clothes into a more...formal outfit. And the Mercedes was already parked, and Charlie did not want to drive all teh way back to his house, because somebody else might end up taking that spot. He took out a Pokéball and smirked.

"It's so good to have Pokémon." he said, "Moondra, come out!"

He sent out his Flygon, who smiled at him and glomped him.

"Hey, easy there." he said, "I need you to fly me back to my place, Moondra. Can you?"

The Flygon nodded, and let Charlie get on her back. She then took of and flew over Oak Island at a great speed. Not before long Charlie told her to land at his deck, and she did. He told her to wait there for a second and went inside his house. Berta was busy cleaning the toilet in one of the guest rooms so she didn't see or hear him come in. Anyway, Charlie went up the stairs that led to his room, and went inside. After a short while he was walking down the stairs, sporting black pinstripe dress pants, a dark purple shirt, black polished dress shoes and a black pinstripe coat that matched his pants. He walked back to the deck, got on Moondra, and told her to fly back to the Academy.

Once again, he arrived there in a matter of minutes because of the Flygon's great speed. After she landed, Charlie sent her back inside her Pokéball and walked over to his silver Mercedes. He used his hands to make his hair look better, and once it was done, he proceeded to walk inside the Academy building.

Years
Wyatt gestured to each of his Pokemon as he gestured to them in turn. "Boo, Gaia, and Sheldon." They each perked up when they heard their names. "I'm Wyatt." He offered his hand for a handshake, but still seemed rather unsure of Seth. Sheldon was nervously watching Seth and his Shuppet, anticipating an attack at any moment, in his usual, paranoid manner. Sensing his Pokemon's anxiety, Wyatt used his free hand to stroke the Shellos' squishy body, calming Sheldon down considerably, while still offering his other hand to Seth for a handshake. "Don't mind Sheldon, my Shellos here. He's shy around most other folks. I just caught him today, down by the beach."

Last edited:

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth took the hand. "I'm not suprised, I usually make people uneasy." Seth said, "especially Pokemon"
Shadow felt the uneasiness of the Shellos and attempted to reassure it with a mental bump.
I won't attack you unless Seth tells me to... the Shuppet told the small water Pokemon. He mentally giggled when the Shellos jumped with suprise.
"Your Pokemon seem reasonably strong, exept the Shellos... He seems kinda jumpy, then again, all new Pokemon are." Seth said meeting Wyatt's eyes and partially touching his conscious with his own. He's confuzed... Maybe wary from his Pokemon's reactions to me... I sure hope he won't be another Ryder...

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Vriska Van der Douchevald
167.gif
092.gif
025.gif
198.gif

CHAPTER VII: NO MORE FILLERS? AWW...

Grass, grass, grass, oh, what a surprise, grass. Where the heck is the forest? Well, maybe if she just headed to the bunch of forests, she'll find it...

Heading with a very fast pace, with all of her Pokemon behind, she finally arrived at a very small forest. And, surprise, surprise! The place if filled with bugs as far as the eyes can see! The first thing she's going to do is to introduce herself with the bugs!

"Hello, bugs!" She yelled with excitement, "It's so nice to be here!"

Unfortunately, she'll have to deal with something first, as she tripped with what could have been a very big rock... No, not a rock, more like... A... person?

"The crap are you doing there?!" She said, while getting up, without realizing the person was actually unconscious...​

Last edited:
Back