• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Oh crap, this part again."

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
This is for people who replay their current collection of games.

Often times, personally, I'll be replaying a game of mine and reach point that 1. Either is really hard. or 2. Bores the snot out of me.

From both of these examples, if I'm not in the mood, I stop playing and do something else. Granted I do come back to it when I'm feeling less bored or anxious.

So what about you guys, is there a point in any games you've played more than once that makes you groan and press the power button?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Every time I've played through Star Ocean 3 - and we're talking dozens of times here - I've always saved right before fighting Robin Wind, turned my PS2 off, and walked away for a few weeks. I hate Robin Wind. I hate that battle. It's difficult enough regularly since he's fast enough to run out of the way of pretty much any skill or attack, but he's even worse during certain solo runs. I didn't play for a month straight during my Cliff solo run because I didn't want to deal with that crap.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
The stealth mission part of Uncharted 2. I mean, it was really fun the first few times, but it got really tedious after a while when trying to complete the game at Crushing.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
ESV: Skyrim, when you do that quest that involves going to Blackreach and getting the Elder Scroll. It takes me forever to do the quest and it's so boring. Not only that, but Blackreach is huge and it would be even worse if I still didn't know where I was going. There's also a Dwarven Sphere that almost always kills me because I'm always underleveled when doing that quest. I'm just thankful that Blackreach is actually a really pretty place. I mean, where else will you find giant glowing mushrooms, waterfalls, a secret dragon, and an abandoned city all underground?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Originally this was going to be just a few things I hate about the Battle for Bikini Bottom game, but then it got... well, lengthy. So there.

Spoiler:

Moving on, outside of every Subspace map in SSBB, I absolutely hate the Wilds/Ruins storylines. The enemies are too difficult, the boss is entirely too OP, and I detest Marth's character with every living and non-living fiber of my being. I also hate the part where I have to play as Olimar and Captain Falcon. Olimar's character sucks so much, and Captain Falcon's melee attacks are way too slow for this series.

So yeah... I don't like a lot of things about replaying my games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've had that happen to me before. I've had that happened to me in plenty of video games, actually. One of these games would have to be Super Mario 64 DS. I've played this game countless amount of times, and every time when I was required to collect stars from a location known as Hazy Maze Cave, it instantly made me feel like stop playing it. I don't know why it made me feel this way, though. Maybe it was because of its music—I wasn't a big fan of it. The music of Hazy Maze was a little bland, which used to make me lose my motivation to explore the place. d: The atmosphere of Hazy Maze Cave wasn't that great compared to other places in this game, either, which was another reason why I didn't want to collect any stars from here and keep myself away from it as much as I possibly could.

Another game would have to be Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I love this game. So far, I've played it for a total of three times already. Every time when it came to battling Ghirahim though, one of the main bosses in Skyward Sword, I would lose my interest in playing the game in an instant. He was quite difficult to beat. Whenever I tried to land hits on him, he would either dodge them or counter them with attacks of his own, which used to fill me up with anger. xD"

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Any time I got to the Water temple in Legend of Zelda OoT 3DS I would want to switch off my 3DS and never pick it up again.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
One part I don't like is one of the rooms in Stone Tower Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask where you have to shine the light into the mirrors that I usually have a lot of trouble, but I recently figured out that I could easily bypass that with the Stone Mask.

Years
First there's Star Ocean 3. As much as I hated fighting Robin Wind, I hated going through the Shrine of Kaddan in our second visit to Elicoor II even more. Boss battles outta nowhere, and some where difficult.

Then there's the Cloister of Trials in Final Fantasy X. Oh, geez...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I remember playing Syphon Filter, and coming up to the Catacombs level, where you have to use stealth and stuff, but it was the most annoying level in the game. Whenever I got up to this I skipped it using the level select code.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Blackwater City in the first Ratchet and Clank game. Rushing through the sewers while the water keeps raising is one of the most difficult stages I've ever seen.

Also the relay races from the Medabots GBA RPG's. Man, I hate button mashing...

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I really dislike sneaking through enemies in Zelda games, like sneaking through the Foresaken Fortress in Wind Waker... ugh, it's boring, and so unnecessary if you ask me. u_u So occasionally I'm just like, you know what? I'll save this part for tomorrow, or something. I also hate going through the Laser Tower when playing Auto Destruct in which does a loooot of damage to your vehicle. Again, it's likely that I'll put it off to later.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah, I used to play just for achievements, but I mainly play for multiplayer and to play through the story now. Despite that, I would try to play through the games like Call of Duty on the hardest difficulty. Eventually I would get too frustrated and would stop playing. It just wasn't worth it enough in my opinion.

Years
I actually have a lot of these, but a few that come to mind are:

Pokemon - Kanto Regions: Both the trek between Vermillion City and Lavander Town, and Route 12-Route 15. Both of those seem to take forever, with an endless supply of trainers that seems to drag on far too long.

Banjo-Kazooie: Rusty Bucket Bay. Pain and misery all around me forever.

The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time: I never had a problem with the Water Temple. For me, it was the Forest Temple. It was so easy to just get going in that temple, trying to find out where to go. Once you got going it was easy, but just entering the place fills me with annoyance.

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
Years
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - In Chapter 7, the part where you have to track down that General Bomb dude and are required to go to like, a million different places only for them to tell you that he JUST LEFT. -_-

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
The Sewer in Jet Set Radio Future. It's a confusing exploration level that's several stories tall and you have to go around hitting switches at hard-to-reach places. You're very likely to fall at some point in the main room; and if you do, while you can spare yourself from fall damage, it'll take you forever to get back up to where you were. Pain in the ass. The 3D map in the pause menu doesn't help either, especially if you're playing on an Xbox 360 in which all of the text on it is flickering.

TY

Tiberian Sun: Firestorm, the last mission of both GDI and NOD.

Why: Cause of the friggin Core Defender which just destroys everything you have if you dont prepare properly. It was harder to kill as NOD than GDI since i never captured some GDI structures when being NOD, and i needed GDI's Disruptors badly for this battle.

Eibbor82

Show me your moves!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 8, 2023
Like, every level on Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

The level in Kid Icarus: Uprising where you fight waves upon waves of enemies just to have an annoying boss battle with the Chaos Kin.

On Portal 2, that one chamber with the 2 hard light bridges coming from the ceiling, several cubes, water, and a turret at the far end of the room. So aggravating >.<

Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle Earth II expansion: the level in the campaign where you have to collect the shards of the palantiri.

Final Fantasy IX where you fight the battle against Gizamaluke. He's just so powerful at that point in the game and hits all my guys and ARRGGHH

The first few levels of Fire Emblem: Awakening playing on the harder difficulties. I'm the kind of person who will restart my system if someone dies so those first few just make me lose the will to play :S

In Skyrim like all of the quests where I go into dwarf ruins. No chance of dramatic dragon fights or humanoid annoyances, just stupid robots and goblins. (I know that that's not what they're called, just they resemble them well)

So many more games I could list off, but I think I shouldn't desu-nyaa~

Nakala Pri

Yeah, with Pokemon Black I was up to the Desert Resort and I was all like: OH NO! Oh crap! Oh holy heck! Oh poop! Oh DAMMMMMMIT!!

Yup, and I was at the same spot for two weeks trying to get past it, and finally, I realize how much of a twit I was. I realized you don't RUN on the quick sand, you walk. *face palm* xD

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I've only played DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu like... twice, three times maybe? When I get my Xbox back, I plan to give it another go now that I'm more accustomed to the series. That said I want nothing to do with Stage 5. Why would anyone design such a level? It's one of those things you'd have to watch or play through, I can't describe it outside of both tedious and difficult, so you're like bored and frustrated by cheesy laser wheels at the same time. The music for it is great, though.

Also, just about all of Sonic 2 is this. As is Super Mario Bros. and SMB2/USA. Eh, these would be better suited in 'games you get bored with the moment you touch them'.

Now that I think about it, Kid Chameleon is full of these levels. But in the "why did I go this route - I'm screwed" way as opposed to boredom.

Back