• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

Atomic Reactor

I don't think lapras should be your starter.
Or... well, could you get lapras than choose a little later?
or do you have to have only lapras?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
How about have the Lapras return later, to still give you a choice of a starter, to make it more fair. Or you could even make the Lapras another person's Pokemon, or just use it to Surf to islands and such... anyways good job. *Reads article on Magikarp fins*

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to have the Lapras be a recurring "character" for a little while until you've earned her respect and she wants to come with you. Therefore you will still have a starter "choice." However, the starter you "choose" will come in egg form. I'll toggle with it so that it will hatch very quickly, or perhaps after completing an event. Instead of the typical scenario, where the professor gives you a choice, I am planning something else... Something kooky and dreamy and weird. I kind of like the idea that the storyline is so blown open now. It's liberating but scary! XD

I'm not too sure if Sporrow will remain the Water starter. I would like to work on its sprite a bit more, as I did it over a year ago. So far, the only one I am fairly sure about is...

Fanglow (FIRE/POISON): It's little, cute and Dragon-ish... sort of like Charmander. Parts of it are red, and its back is charcoal. It has two horns and a very large mouth with two fangs. Its tail is pointed at the end and alight with flame. It can learn "fang" and mouth-oriented techniques, as well as a few Poison-types. I really like it. I guess it sounds a lot like Charmander, but once you see the sprite it'll be clear they're different, but definitely brothers from another mother. ;D

I'll still include Sporrow, but with a reworked sprite.

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
No replies? I suppose that's 'cause you want eye candy. XD I found a really nice tutorial on how to make Sugimori-styled art, so, combining the nuggets of wisdom I gathered from it as well as my artsy-fartsy ways, I made my very first attempt at a picture of Bluebrr. I hope it's okay. ^.^ Oh, and it includes its moveset too.

Here's what my sketch looked like... And here's what the magic of photo-editing has done to it...
bluebrr.png

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
Woah this game looks really promising and im gonna keep coming back and check your progress coz it looks supreme

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 9, 2010
Very nice! =D

What do the attacks Flurry, Plush Down, and Azure Wing do? (I like the names btw, they sound like they could be in an "official" game)

P.S.: Can you give/PM me the link of that tutorial please? ^^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I like that it looks nice.
Where was the tutorial you found?
I'd love to try it myself! =)

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Very nice! =D

What do the attacks Flurry, Plush Down, and Azure Wing do? (I like the names btw, they sound like they could be in an "official" game)

P.S.: Can you give/PM me the link of that tutorial please? ^^

Thank you. ;D Flurry is a basic, weak Ice attack, that may confuse the opponent. Plush Down greatly raises defense and is a Flying-type move. Azure Wing is a very powerful Flying-type move that may freeze the opponent. ;D Thanks!

how cute ^_^
love the new attacks and such lol
what are the evos of "Bluebrr"?

(ps. my blue jay has the same name XD)

Bluebrr evolves into a sleeker bluebird tentatively called Frostweet.

For those that want to try out the tutorial, here is a link.

I've been really racking my brain trying to decide on the direction for the plot and I'm so confused, but I'll hammer it out soon. I know I want it to have a darker, grittier tone... and I'm thinking that including some politics would be fun. So, in lieu of the plot, I've been working on new fakemon. Here's another bird aside from Bluebrr that you will find early in the game...

Puffish is based on the the puffin. I think it's pretty cute. It can learn Dive, and is an agile hunter. I was trying to redo the Water Starter, and I instead ended up with a puffin! XD Well, the new Water starter is going to be an aquatic cat that has soap-filled beads surrounding its neck... like a necklace. The story behind it is that it loves to dive deep in lakes, releasing its bubbles to thoroughly clean lakes. As it evolves it gets more of these aqua-colored beads on its back, and wings to glide more easily in the water. It's tentatively called Mercat.

screens2.png

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Looking good blueguy! I like the puffin pokemon. Its interesting. I am eager to see the new water starter. Good luck I hope it turns out well. :)

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Looking good blueguy! I like the puffin pokemon. Its interesting. I am eager to see the new water starter. Good luck I hope it turns out well. :)

Thank you. ;D I hope it does too.

I also hope that my thread rating isn't one-starred too much more. In fact, some nice ratings would be good, seeing as I put a lot of hard work into the game and it definitely isn't a "1."

I wish that this whole thread rating system could be disabled, to be honest. It allows people to anonymously trash others' threads without reason. I don't believe I want to invite others to brand my work as a certain star rating, because it isn't their business to do so.

So, to anyone who's enjoyed the stuff I've posted, and the work I've done, I would appreciate it if you would help "fix" the rating. ;D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I voted to help you out Blueguy. But to be honest, I never look at rating on a thread. I just open the thread, get a feel for the game and judge for myself lol.

I read that the storyline is kinda giving you a bit of a headache, as I said, I like how you've changed it's tone and I'm glad your going to make it darker.
Any movies, tv shows, books, games and so on you like yourself that you can draw inspiration from? Something like that, that can help you come up with some ideas like.

Atomic Reactor

I love your game, idk what's not to like about it.
Honestly, the fakemon sprites could use a little bit of improvement.
But hey, nothing is ever perfect. well, that excludes your tiles.

^_^

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I voted 5 stars :P

I love your game, idk what's not to like about it.
Honestly, the fakemon sprites could use a little bit of improvement.
But hey, nothing is ever perfect. well, that excludes your tiles.

^_^

I know Puffish's legs could use some more work. And I know they're not perfect. ;D Could you point out some of the flaws you see so I can improve upon them? I'm pretty contented with Bluebrr.

I voted to help you out Blueguy. But to be honest, I never look at rating on a thread. I just open the thread, get a feel for the game and judge for myself lol.

I read that the storyline is kinda giving you a bit of a headache, as I said, I like how you've changed it's tone and I'm glad your going to make it darker.
Any movies, tv shows, books, games and so on you like yourself that you can draw inspiration from? Something like that, that can help you come up with some ideas like.
Thanks. ;D The storyline is bothering me! I don't want it to be the traditional evil team b/s, but I'm still unsure of what I want to do. Normally I'm good with these sort of things. I know I want to explore more "mythical," "magical" territory, as well as a sort of darker take on things... (not that "play as Team Rocket" stuff though ;D)

That whole Lapras beginning might not pan out, to be honest.

EDIT: I just got a huge wave of inspiration. I'll give you a brief snippet of my slew of new ideas. You begin the game as a very old, widowed person, living in a lonely, old, decrepit house by the sea, in the middle of nowhere. You have never gotten the chance to become a Trainer. In fact, you always feared training, because as a child the Charmander you received died, when its flame was extinguished in a bout of vicious, torrential weather. You always felt guilty for this mistake, and a result lived out your years uninvolved with Pokémon. One day, you see a strange light emanating from outside. It is the dead of winter. Following the light, you find it leads into the woods. As you follow you suddenly realize you have been magically transformed back into your thirteen-year old self. The time has not changed, simply your body. These woods are called Two-World Grove, and they lead into a region you have never set foot in.

Also, note that you cannot exit back through the way you came. Mysterious! In fact, if you try it will go on endlessly until you turn back.

^_^ I'm so happy. Inspiration is always so enthusing!

Last edited:

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
i like that idea it's cool and unique i never heard that in a pokemon game before if nintendo was looking at this thread right now they'll probably be kind of jealous and try to steal your idea:)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I know Puffish's legs could use some more work. And I know they're not perfect. ;D Could you point out some of the flaws you see so I can improve upon them? I'm pretty contented with Bluebrr.

Thanks. ;D The storyline is bothering me! I don't want it to be the traditional evil team b/s, but I'm still unsure of what I want to do. Normally I'm good with these sort of things. I know I want to explore more "mythical," "magical" territory, as well as a sort of darker take on things... (not that "play as Team Rocket" stuff though ;D)

That whole Lapras beginning might not pan out, to be honest.

EDIT: I just got a huge wave of inspiration. I'll give you a brief snippet of my slew of new ideas. You begin the game as a very old, widowed person, living in a lonely, old, decrepit house by the sea, in the middle of nowhere. You have never gotten the chance to become a Trainer. In fact, you always feared training, because as a child the Charmander you received died, when its flame was extinguished in a bout of vicious, torrential weather. You always felt guilty for this mistake, and a result lived out your years uninvolved with Pokémon. One day, you see a strange light emanating from outside. It is the dead of winter. Following the light, you find it leads into the woods. As you follow you suddenly realize you have been magically transformed back into your thirteen-year old self. The time has not changed, simply your body. These woods are called Two-World Grove, and they lead into a region you have never set foot in.

Also, note that you cannot exit back through the way you came. Mysterious! In fact, if you try it will go on endlessly until you turn back.

^_^ I'm so happy. Inspiration is always so enthusing!

Sounds really good, kinda sounds like Majora's Mask(The Legend Of Zelda) a little bit, which is a good thing. I love the new twist on the story. Good luck panning this story out. I am excited to play this game even more now. It has a very exciting story line.

Atomic Reactor

It's mainly the head, it just looks kinda awkward.
As you said, the feet do need a little touch up.
I think the head just looks weird, that's obviously just my opinion though.
Other than that it looks fine.
Sorry I couldn't tell you what about the head lol.
Keep up the good work :P

Back