• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Go to the bottom of the forum and there will be a list of themes to choose from. :) Brighter ones, I might add.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I'll still help out anyway. Just click 'New Post' on top of that bar where your User CP is also founded. Next to it will show these icons
rss.png
subscribed.png

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hey everyone. Love the Hypno theme.
So I just received Happy Birthday emails from this website at two of my email address, both of which addressing usernames I tried but have no memory of having here. I mean they SOUND like names I would have come up with in like 2005, but I have no memory of being here before I was Tears in the Rain in 2009.

The names are RoamingThroughTheNight and StarryNight.
Is there anyway I can see these accounts without having to log into them, that way I can tell if they are me or not.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well you could just look at the profiles.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=StarryNight
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=RoamingThroughTheNight

There's a bit filled out in the About Me and a few posts on StarryNight so that shouldn't be difficult, and the other has a few favorite Pokemon to check with.

Edit: RoamingThroughTheNight and StarryNight have matching IP addresses, but don't match yours, if that helps. But if you've moved since you made them that would explain that.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Well you could just look at the profiles.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=StarryNight
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=RoamingThroughTheNight

There's a bit filled out in the About Me and a few posts on StarryNight so that shouldn't be difficult, and the other has a few favorite Pokemon to check with.

Edit: RoamingThroughTheNight and StarryNight have matching IP addresses, but don't match yours, if that helps. But if you've moved since you made them that would explain that.

Thank you this is exactly what I meant by looking at the accounts.
The do appear to me be, StarryNight has made a few posts naming my Silver team and that my Gold and Silver died both of which are true of me.
RoamingThroughTheNight has no posts, was only made a day before StarryNight but does share StarryNight's title and three favorite pokemon which are also accurate. So I assume I came to dislike the name very quickly, that has happened.

As for my IP not matching no I have not moved since '08 but I have gotten a new computer since, and we have since switched wireless networks, a couple of times actually if memory serves. I think we were still DSL in '08 and we are Cable now. We have also since changed our Cable wireless network(which is how I get it on my laptop) because somehow the first one disappeared from signal. So that's probably why.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I've seen various things in different boards, and was wondering what this whole member-of-the-year thing is. I guess you could say I'm relatively new to the forum (in comparison to a lot of people here xD) so I was just curious what this is about and how it all works.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's a poll of course!

It all starts with voting in the polls in the individual sections, and when the voting period ends, the 3 users who get the most votes in the categories there then get nominated in those same categories in the main MOTY poll which can then be voted and the member who gets the most votes wins that category in the poll.

Nah that's not how it works this year. This year there are the section-specific categories, that go in their respective sections. Later tonight the official MOTY thread will go up, which will have the overall categories, and you vote for the overall categories there. Everything specific to one section will go in that section and nowhere else.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
1. I wasn't here for the beginning, but I assume the original was "We're working on a better slogan!" Then this one happened and it stuck and it'll never change.

2. You have to donate 75 dollars I think? May be more. But either way it's a donation tier just like the rest, just a lot higher.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Ok, where do I post a thread for help on the RPG Maker VZ that I have problems with, since I can't find any forums of it.

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
i was thinking about getting a ds and pokemon black or white 2 and i was wondering how much backwards compatibility it has with gen 4. im assuming gen 5 pokemon cant be sent to a gen 4 game but can you battle? also is it worth getting a cheap original ds or ds lite to get gen 3 pokemon and send to a gen 4 game to be sent to a gen 5 game?

Years
i was thinking about getting a ds and pokemon black or white 2 and i was wondering how much backwards compatibility it has with gen 4. im assuming gen 5 pokemon cant be sent to a gen 4 game but can you battle? also is it worth getting a cheap original ds or ds lite to get gen 3 pokemon and send to a gen 4 game to be sent to a gen 5 game?

You can't connect Gen 4 and 5 games together to battle. Only for transferring Pokemon over to the later generation.

For future reference you should use the Quick Questions sticky in Pokemon Gaming Central or in the specific game forums.

pokemonlovergeneration1

Give Feedback on my posts!
Years
Hey guys! Quick Question...in your opinion what would pokemon would you like to see in a pillowpet form? In my opinion I would like Charmander to be out there.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2017
I can't seem to find one that is up to date so I will ask. where I can I find someplace I can request action replay codes? Specifically for Pokemon XD.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We don't give out Action Replay codes in the Spin Off section. You'll have to use Google, I'm afraid.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok I posted in a blog awhile back is there a way to unsubscribe to it? I have a notification and it's for the blog and I can't find it and hate when it says I have notifications up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back