• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intro Sprites Editing!

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
When I try to index my hero sprite, it just reverts back to the original sprite

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Hmm I've edited my hero sprites much more easily.

I just indexed the image I wanted to use and then went to unlz and imported the image and exported the pallet.

Now my only question is, how do you edit the back sprite for the hero?

Edit. that only works for the trainer card image not the main sprite. And I'm not sure what effects that has on the game. :\

Last edited:
Years
Hi everyone!
I have been making rom hack from fire red
and i followed xatokus intro editing tutorial, But i don't know what is rivals intro sprite APE offset palette. And if i just import the sprite with unlz the sprite has wrong colors and red cube surrouding it.

So what i have to do?

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
Sorry to grave dig, but I think these are the palettes for Oak and Gary-

Edit: I think I have the wrong palettes, my bad.

Last edited:

dunning2012

Sparky
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2017
VBA won't let me save the palette as an ACT. file. Every time I try it changes it to a PAL. file. Any ideas anyone?

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
This looks pretty easy but I follow it step by step and when I try to import my custom graphic it says the image isn't indexed when photoshop says it is and I have done all of this. Plus when I try to get my color palette from my custom graphic it gives me some random palette that isn't from my graphic.

Years
I know this is an old thread but has anyone else had the problem that the transparent color (background) and black (detail lines) are switched? The large square that should be transparent is showing up when I open my ROM in VBA, and my black lines are gone. Help?

Years
Thanks, this was pretty useful, the only thing is that I was unable to change the professor's sprite without it looking like a massive glitch and the rival changes colours when selecting his name :/. Other than that I guess it worked out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2014
Thanks, this was pretty useful, the only thing is that I was unable to change the professor's sprite without it looking like a massive glitch and the rival changes colours when selecting his name :/. Other than that I guess it worked out.

Exactly, I'm having the same problem with the colors of the rival. Have you found a solution yet? I mean, it's been six months, right?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I come bearing glorious sauce for Oak's palette (although for some reason it alters the background colors too :/)

00460568 - Oak Palette 1
00460588 - Oak Palette 2

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 8, 2023
What a great tutorial! It was so easy to follow with all the detail that was put into it. I didn't get lost at all. Just wanted to say thanks. I've looked everywhere for a tutorial and this was the only one I found.

Back