• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'd pick Drapion cos it has an awesome movepool (including Elemental Fangs) and is only weak to Ground-type attacks.

Toxicroak is frail and falls easily against Psychics.

Drapion FTW

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Well, Toxicroak has....

Sucker Punch. Combined with a good enough Attack stat, Toxicroak is able to take down frail psychic types like Alakazam.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well, Toxicroak has....

Sucker Punch. Combined with a good enough Attack stat, Toxicroak is able to take down frail psychic types like Alakazam.

This is true, but the moment it doesn't OHKO a Pokemon like that... Bye bye Toxicroak D: I think it's certainly an interesting typing that Toxicroak has... It offers some good STAB moves but I wouldn't really call it a very useful typing. It gives it a LOT of weaknesses which when you're as frail as Toxicroak is not a good thing! Saying that though, it can be used very effectively on rain teams etc with Dry Skin so it's a hard call to make...

miltankRancher

Years
Life Orb or Choice Band can amplify Toxicroak much, especially in rain. But yeah. He just has a tad too weaknesses.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Life Orb or Choice Band can amplify Toxicroak much, especially in rain. But yeah. He just has a tad too weaknesses.

I can't see a Life Orb doing Toxicroak any favors... The poor thing is already as frail as an old woman! It'd pack one hell of a punch though. I was contemplating using an Eviolite on Croagunk though in the Little Cup tier... I think it's Poison traits could come in very useful, especially the new Dream World ability it was given for a 30% Poison chance on contact. Great ability to have!

miltankRancher

Years
Meh, I use LO on Toxicroak when I want him to hit hard quickly, before killing himself. Suicide if you ask me, but hey. LO Toxicroak once manage to KO all of Metagross' counter on the opposing team (3/6) before dying.. Metagross had a nice walk in the park that day.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2017
wow, toxicroak is probably one of my favorite pokemon, ever.

it combines two of my favorite types onto an animal that i've always liked...haha. he'a a poisonous fighter with the bandages to show for it...how can you not like him? :s

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi Rychochet, please sign up to the club before posting! :) So the old topic somewhat died out, I think it's time for a new one!

New topic: 'What is your favourite trait of Poison types?'

For me I think it's the fact that they can't get poisoned themselves. This is invaluable, especially in a metagame full of Toxic abuse. I also love the fact that 90% of Poison types (that I can think of) are capable of being used in several different ways for battles. Muk for example is a great Pokemon to use for setting up, as a staller, or even an attacker - I find these sorts of Pokemon invaluable to use.

miltankRancher

Years
I agree with Alex. being immune to poison is an invaluable trait in the metagame with Toxic and Toxic Spikes (and the occasional Trick-Toxic Orb) running around.

Years
Hi Rychochet, please sign up to the club before posting! :) So the old topic somewhat died out, I think it's time for a new one!

New topic: 'What is your favourite trait of Poison types?'

For me I think it's the fact that they can't get poisoned themselves. This is invaluable, especially in a metagame full of Toxic abuse. I also love the fact that 90% of Poison types (that I can think of) are capable of being used in several different ways for battles. Muk for example is a great Pokemon to use for setting up, as a staller, or even an attacker - I find these sorts of Pokemon invaluable to use.

Yes, I 100% with Alex there.

Poison is immune to the Poison status, allowing them to block Toxic abusers.

Even though Poison isn't strong against a lot of Pokemon, they still hit well with their STAB moves.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
being immune to poisening is great. But they also are good with changing the status of foes in poisoning, PARZ and sleep. The large amount of poison types avalible also allows you to find one for almost every cause. Brutes like Drapon, healers/status changers like Venosaur and special attackers like Gengar.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Think I shall kick start this with a topic change if nobody minds.

'Which Gen is your favourate, in terms of poison types?'

Mine would be the first because of the number of poison types that I find myself using even now, also Arbok ;) . My second would be 4th as It added a few more powerful kinds and started to give poison types more powerful moves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Think I shall kick start this with a topic change if nobody minds.

'Which Gen is your favourate, in terms of poison types?'

Mine would be the first because of the number of poison types that I find myself using even now, also Arbok ;) . My second would be 4th as It added a few more powerful kinds and started to give poison types more powerful moves.

I agree with you completely. Gen I was the best since it added some beauties such as Wheezing, Grimer and Ghastly, but none of them were really all that strong. So when Gen IV came around this was wonderful, there were some much stronger Pokemon brought it and more moves too; Poison types become awesome-er <3

miltankRancher

Years
I agree with both of you. 1st gen was the one most helpful to the poison types. Almost one-fourth of the pokemon are poison types, making it really abundant. Plus, some awesome Pokemon like Weezing, Venusaur, Nido guys, were introduced.

Fourth was the next one simply because of Toxicroak, Roserade and Drapion. Awesome guys.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
Name: MagnumKnight13
Partner: Cyd the Scolipede
Reason for joining: I adore poison types. The are very defensive and are constantly wittling down thier enemies HP. They are also very annoying, like most people say I am. XP

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to the club, MagnumKnight13! I was on holiday and didn't see your post, sorry! xD

So what do people think of the new Poison type gym leader for B2W2? Her name is Homika and she plays a guitar; she looks amazing!

tumblr_m2cnd8dz6C1qdromdo1_500.png

That's a picture of her above. Honestly I'm kinda freaked out based on information so far, she seems to be an exact replica of me. xD A guitar playing Poison type lover who's named after a hamster and dresses in black/purple - I love her already. <3 What do you guys think her team will be? Are you happy to see a Poison gym coming for B2W2? How far on in the story do you think she'll be?

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
What do you guys think her team will be? Are you happy to see a Poison gym coming for B2W2? How far on in the story do you think she'll be?[/SIZE][/FONT]
I'm happy about every new gym xD

Sooo..
*looks at BW pokedex*
1. Scolipede - it has to be the main poke.. just look at the guitar @.@
2. it's pre evos probably >.>
what we also have here..
oh yea, Trubbish/Garbodor.. but I hate him so I hope she won't use him xD
and Foongus/Amoonguss, but I don't think so, no idea why >.>

If it wasn't for the screens I would say that instead of the bug gym.. but it doesn't fit :<

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd say that team sounds about right haha. There are three Poison type families in Gen V (Scolipede, Garbodor & Amoonguss) so I reckon her team has to consist of these. I have a feeling she's one of the first couple gyms though, so I wouldn't expect many Pokemon or at too high levels :3 I wouldn't be surprised to see something like a Foongus and a Trubbish, or similar... I doubt she'll have a Scolipede or something from that family though since Burgh already uses them in his gym :3 If I had to guess, I'm going with a Foongus and a Trubbish as her team, possibly with one of them evolved. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back