• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's okay, Miau. Don't worry. :]

What is the latest team you've trained in your game?
My latest team would be in Pokémon Y, which currently consists Chesnaught, Blastoise, Talonflame, Espeon, Dusknoir, and Scizor. Been considering to replace Blastoise with Gyarados, but can't make up my mind, though.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
That sounds like a nice and balanced team. Did you decide between Blastoise and Gyarados in the end? I've never used Blastoise before, and I did have a Gyarados for a while in a long lost Emerald game. I know it's hard to decide sometimes, hehe.

I've recently finished training my team to level 50 in X. Ludicolo, Toxicroak, Floatzel, Beartic, Heliolisk and Starmie. All bred by myself, EV trained via hordes in various locations, and level trained at the Battle Chateau. I've used them in a few online double battles, and they're a pretty lively bunch. Especially with Ludicolo's (rain) dance to start the party {XD}

Been thinking of replacing Starmie though, I don't think I've actually used it in any battles, but I couldn't think of a sixth team member to support the team, and I had a few Staryu already IV bred for a friend, so I just went with it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
So, I don't know how much this will fly with other trainers but, has nobody though of a pokemon, yu-gi-oh and digimon crossover. It would be like a normal pokemon game but with iconic yugioh monsters like the god cards and the same with digimon!

DADICE

I like American Dad
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Username: DADICE (Pronounced however you wish. I prefer Dah-DEE-say
Your Goals: To discover new Pokemon, to train the more unexplored Pokemon, to walk on the more obscure side.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: DADICE (Pronounced however you wish. I prefer Dah-DEE-say
Your Goals: To discover new Pokemon, to train the more unexplored Pokemon, to walk on the more obscure side.

Welcome to the club! New and unexplored Pokemon, you say? Any Pokemon in particular that intrigues you, maybe?

Actually, this goes for everybody.

What rarely used Pokemon have you trained in the past or plan to train in the future? Any gimmicky and unusual or maybe more common ones that people tend to overlook?

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Wow, it's been a long time since I post last here. I just got my 3ds and Pokemon X so please add me because I don't have friend in my friend list.

here is my code: 5386-9234-9730

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Username: Eevee
Your Goals: My main goal is to EV train all of the Pokemon I have in my X game so I can battle with all different types of Pokemon and put together many different team. :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: Eevee
Your Goals: My main goal is to EV train all of the Pokemon I have in my X game so I can battle with all different types of Pokemon and put together many different team. :)

Welcome to the club, Eevee! Such a wonderful username, wow, I'm surprised it wasn't taken! How are you enjoying X and how is your current team coming along?

Wow, it's been a long time since I post last here. I just got my 3ds and Pokemon X so please add me because I don't have friend in my friend list.

here is my code: 5386-9234-9730
Hey there, no worries, I can't say I've been around much either... I've added your FC, so I'll see you around, maybe. What do you think of the game so far, any favorite Pokemon in your team?

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
I really like the idea of this club, has a very *Rocky* esque theme to it with all the training.

Username: Lil MuDkiP849
Your Goals: What goals are you working towards with training?
My biggest long term goal right now is to fill up the Y national pokedex 100%. This means playing all the way through as much as possible nearly every 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen game. Then after that's done, think of a Wi-Fi team to breed up and start seriously battling/trading again. There's also how I'd like to gold medal the entire Emerald battle frontier, and I'm sure on my way to completing the 6th gen national dex I can do it. I'm just kind of lost on where to start >,< lol.

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Welcome to the club, Eevee! Such a wonderful username, wow, I'm surprised it wasn't taken! How are you enjoying X and how is your current team coming along?

Hey there, no worries, I can't say I've been around much either... I've added your FC, so I'll see you around, maybe. What do you think of the game so far, any favorite Pokemon in your team?

Well for the meantime my favorites are:

Blaze (Charizard X Type)
Tekken (Lucario)
Suigetsu (Greninja)
Bahamut (Tyrantrum)
Madoka (Sylveon)
Pikachu (Only Temporary)

Can anyone sugest any good attacker pokemon that I can substitute for pikachu.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I really like the idea of this club, has a very *Rocky* esque theme to it with all the training.

Username: Lil MuDkiP849
Your Goals: What goals are you working towards with training?
My biggest long term goal right now is to fill up the Y national pokedex 100%. This means playing all the way through as much as possible nearly every 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen game. Then after that's done, think of a Wi-Fi team to breed up and start seriously battling/trading again. There's also how I'd like to gold medal the entire Emerald battle frontier, and I'm sure on my way to completing the 6th gen national dex I can do it. I'm just kind of lost on where to start >,< lol.

Welcome to the club, Mudkip! Those are very ambitious goals, no wonder you're not sure where to start. What game are you playing now? Since you mentioned the Hoenn Battle Frontier, maybe start with Emerald?

Kirou, I'm not sure if you have the Exp Share on so your entire team can gain experience, but if you do, you should be able to try out many Pokemon without the need to grind. I've usually only trained a full team in past games, but with the Exp Share on, and I trained many more Pokemon than that, and I was still almost overleveled for the Gyms. That being said, there are some strong physical attackers that I like, like Talonflame, Toxicroak, Beartic, Crobat, Krookodile; these I have used either in-game, online or in past games, so I'll admit that they're my personal preference. But there are also strong dragons available, like Haxorus, Flygon and Garchomp.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Welcome to the club, Mudkip! Those are very ambitious goals, no wonder you're not sure where to start. What game are you playing now? Since you mentioned the Hoenn Battle Frontier, maybe start with Emerald?

Good to be in :D I decided to start with Leaf Green, because my Emerald is actually lacking a lot of Kanto pokemon as well as my Y. PLus Leaf Green is a great game to play =)! So when I finish catching all I can in Leaf Green I'll trade them over to my Emerald and go from there.

So far, I've received my third badge in Leaf Green, and my pokedex has about 28 filled pages in it so far. I just made it through Rock Tunnel, it was a real pain to catch Onix in there >,<(Eventually I did with Sleep Powder from my Weepinbell). My in-game team right now is: Wartortle lv.32, Pidgeotto lv.29, Dugtrio lv.30, Weepinbell lv.29, Paras(HM Slave), and Vulpix lv.16(VERRRY happy bout this one, just caught it and I'm gonna train it to lv.29 for Flamethrower before giving it a Fire Stone but I have to switch it in and out for a little cause it's underleveled ). I feel a need a good electric type to fill in my 6th slot, as I don't have a direct answer to BLUE's Gyarados, any tips anyone? =)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
It's summer and I want to get back into my pokemon gaming. Mikee is my nickname by the way :)

Username: Shrak
Your Goals: My DS is messing up because it's old. I got my gba emulator and I'm starting to do Fire Red or Leaf Green once more. I plan on getting all pokemon then moving unto Emerald. :)

Oh and I really want to get a 3DS but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it. Is X&Y worth it? :o

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Hi, Mikee, welcome to the club! In my opinion, X/Y are definitely worth it. The 3D graphics are great (though sadly only part of the game is in 3D), there's character customization, and it's easier to breed/train/EV train your Pokemon. While that may be off putting to those who enjoy a greater challenge, for me it's great, because I can achieve a lot more and train a lot more Pokemon than before. Oh, and there's the Amie feature, that lets you bond with your Pokemon, making them better in battle, and Mega evolutions, and more stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting right now.

By the way, there's a promotion going on until the end of the month; if you register a new 2DS, 3DS or 3DS XL and one of the participating games (which seem quite popular), you get a free download code for X or Y. So if you don't mind not having a physical copy of the game, it looks like a great deal. I'm not sure if the promotion is available for the US or UK or both, though.

LeafGreen and then Emerald sounds like a good plan. Funny you both mentioned playing LG, since I actually have an ongoing challenge on LG. Haven't played it in a while, but I have three badges and just got to Lavender Town. You've got a nice team there, Mudkip! Currently I have Charmeleon, Pikachu, Weepinbell and Nidoqueen, and planning to add Venonat and Slowpoke, as per the challenge rules (red > yellow > green > blue > purple > pink, in this order).

If an Electric-type is what you need, I'd suggest Magneton. I've used him before in White 2 (though evolved into Magnezone), and he's got very good defensively, especially with Sturdy, and has great Sp. Atk. As a matter of fact, I'm using it again on a SoulSilver challenge I'm doing right now, and he's just as great as I expected.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
X/Y Seems fun :( I never understood what's EV training though? I'm doing a challenge from the challenge forum. Playing Leaf Green with only Electric, Flying and Fighting pokemon. xD

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Well, basically each Pokemon you defeat yields a certain amount of effort values (EVs) in certain stats, depending on its species. For example, a Caterpie yields 1 HP, a Metapod yields 2 Defense, and a Butterfree yields 2 Sp. Atk. + 1 Sp. Def. when defeated. These points are rewarded to every one of your Pokemon that participated in the battle. When you get 4 EVs in a certain stat, you get extra points in that stat depending on your level. You can earn a max of 252 EVs in a stat (that means +32 at lv. 50, and +63 at lv. 100 in that stat), and a max total of 510 EVs.

EV training doesn't matter much in-game, especially since you can't really control which Pokemon you battle before you beat the game; but it really does make a difference in competitive battling.

And challenges are a lot of fun. I was playing my SS challenge just now, it's actually the event challenge that's going on this month. I'm looking for a nice spot to train before the E4. I just beat Clair, but before the badge, I'm in the Dragon's Den to prove myself {XD}

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

❀ Spring Fling

The Pokemon Trainer Association Sprint

It appears like we haven't had one of these in a while, doesn't it? Well, it's time to shake off the laziness and get busy as a Beedrill. So rise and shine, fellow Pokemon Trainers, and let's get to it! Everyone is invited to:
  • post updates on their training progress, discuss training topics and share tips
  • participate in the Sprint's Trainer Project and mini-events that may occur throughout the month
  • discuss the Sprint's topics on various training matters

☂ Trainer Project

Train a spring-themed Pokemon

Spring is all about the renewal of nature and people and Pokemon. April showers bring May flowers, so vibrant green Grass-types abound, and their leafy selves attract swarming Bug-types. Celebrate the spring holidays with cheerful bunnies and colorful Easter eggs. Do any of these spark your imagination? Then go train a fun spring-themed Pokemon and share your progress with fellow club members in the Showcase section!

Participants: none yet!

♫ Showcase

There's nothing here yet

Years
It's been ages since I posted here! I'm so sorry. ( ≧Д≦) But since I've started training some of my baby Pokemon I guess it's better now than never to start updates, right?

Anyways, my awesome 'lil Japanese Mienfoo that I got from wonder trade. Jolly with regenerator and has really great IVs - 31/31/31/x/31/31. I've finally started to super train him after keeping him locked up in daycare for months! Just withdrew a gale wings Fletchling that a friend gave me to start working on as well.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Sounds just like me to disappear for a week or so. Oh well...

Sheep, that Mienfoo sounds great. Really cool that you're doing super training, I know most people prefer hordes. It is faster, but the super training mini-games are really fun. Let us know how it goes with the Fletchling.

I'm thinking of trying to fill the 'dex in X. At least without the events. I'll have to transfer some Pokemon, I need to make a list {XD}

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Filling the pokedex in X sounds painful, tbh. You'd have to spend hours catching, evolving and transferring. Seeing as there's about 700ish pokemon, hf with that MIAU. ;D

It'd be really cool if you did manage to accomplish that though. Me on the other hand, would probably give up after the first 50. Mainly because I have the attitude of "aint nobody got time fo dat" but on the other hand, I don't have all of the games I need. :(

[10:28] Orimasuta: write about pi8dgeys n stuffz

I'll write about pidgeys just for noobface. I think pidgeys are cool cause they're fat and fluffy and yeah, I dunno. I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU WANT ME TO SAY OLLI

Back