• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Typhlosion. :D

Also, I clicked on this and was like "um this isn't PGC wtf" and realized it got moved to the top of GPGD. @_@ Dunno why. I assume it just happened because of the description changed. But yeah. lol Also, about to move on to my next two Pokemon in team #3 to train. I'm thinking I'll go with Asy (Shinpora) and Emma (Kibago) next. :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
@ Syd: are you only doing two at a time?
@ chaos: you should name the Dragonite Ace, after karpman (I think, I can't keep up with all these name changes)

Also, as my 1,000th post approaches, I ask you. Should my 1,000th post be me saying "all right solo challenge, I've updated you" or should I just do that and make my 1,000th post "I just finished the very last monotype on Blue Version" since I'm only 3.5 away now, and I can keep editing my Ice post until I've beaten it. What do you think?

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Blue Monotype Update for sure.

I don't like the change, I liked it better when Challenges was in the top of GPGD

Years
I really don't like Dragonite all that much, I honestly thought the name sounded cool, which is why I used it.
If Scizor is still open, I'll take it, but I'd rather not have a Scyther bearing my name, if it isn't going to evolve.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I think I'm only going to have Scizor after game, because you get Metal Coat from the S.S Anne and I don't feeling stealing from Magnemites.

Besides in Johto Half of HG Scyther > Scizor being STAB Techni Wing Attack Kills everything. Once I beat the Elite Four I'll have access to Swords Dance and X-Scissor then I'll evolve it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Myrrh, when I train a new team, I just take a pair along with 4 other really strong Pokemon (pretty much the ones that already made Hall of Fame) and I go to the double grass in Great Hall (where Pokemon are about level 60-56) and give one of the weaker Pokemon an Exp. Share. Then I use the stronger Pokemon (the party leader holds a Lucky Egg) to battle until that weaker Pokemon gets to 50. Then that level 50 Pokemon takes the second slot so that if I do get in a double battle, it actually gets to do something so I can get an idea of how it will be in battle. Then when it hits 60, I give it the Lucky Egg and put it at the head of the party. At 65, I go to the second Pokemon in that pair. Rinse and repeat. When my new party is all at level 65, I take them all to the same place and get them to level 70.

-wipes sweat from forehead- ^-^;

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Can I be the nitedragon I mean dragonite.. BD

Dragon pokemon seem to amaze me fore some reason.. probably cause Lance talks soooo great about themm.. idk I like them..

Finished silver though about to head to Ruby like the original Nuzlocker did.. Ka-pow. Boom. And I'm gone for the next 30 minutes..

I
Also just a totally random question: What's an awesome video recording program for the computer? I want anything not named Hypercam or Fraps. :) I might actually record one of my challenges, or at least the dexter one.

Idr if you had to pay or not but Sony vegas is really good I've had it for a good two years now..

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
So all we need for names is Kangaskhan, Dragonite and Scyther/Scizor

I'll be Kangaskhan, if it's not nicknamed yet. (I half-read all of the posts, xD)

Also just a totally random question: What's an awesome video recording program for the computer? I want anything not named Hypercam or Fraps. :) I might actually record one of my challenges, or at least the dexter one.

Camstudio works well for that purpose. It's also free.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
If Karpman still wants to be my Scizor (and tolerate Scyther half the game) here's my Team

Typhlosion - Sydian
Staraptor - Myrrh
Dragonite - Decade
Scizor - Karpman
Lanturn - Vaporeon7
Kangaskhan - Inferno

Sounds good.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Lol So good news bad news and horrificly ugly news..

Good.. found Ruby and hacked in Charmander

Bad.. For some reason I have to believe this game is hacked cause when I picked torchic may had a treecko..

Horrificly ugly.. My hacked in charmanders broke Trochics every limb and resulted in a fail Nuzlocke..

Bad again.. I picked Mudkip so I didn't have this soo easy and I could probably catch a charmander and not die this time.. Turns out the person who hacked it hated Treecko or something cause after I battled may caught another hothead.. I save it started a new one with no saving to be introduced and Treecko was picked this time and sadly enough.. May had Treecko..

Anyways back to mudkips part.. though I hate water I guess their useful for surfing..
Charmander is making quick progress being level 25 before entering petalburg (grinding speed is amazing at Hoenn)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I posted this on the Ultimate Monotype thread, but I figured i would get a quicker response if I posted it here.

Wow... Forgot to write the question... FAIL!!!!
Okay, I was wondering if it was OK to restart the Johto Leg of the UMC I was doing. It's just kinda... impossible right now...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I've never challenged UMC, but I don't see why you couldn't restart it unless the creator of the thread says you can't. How could it be impossible for you anyway? :/

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS THREAD. It's pretty overwhelming.

Yeah, really sad. But CHALLENGE is still number one for us.
I'm also being inactive. Maybe until... Summer. ): Dunno, I have to get perfect A's in the second semester (term). I want to get back to the smart Seco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back