• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Is my Pokemon Blue fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Hey everyone,

I just bought this copy of Pokémon Blue off of eBay on impulse, because it was really cheap and it was ending soon, so I wanted to buy it before anyone else did, even though it looked somewhat off. I did some google searches of different kinds of Pokémon Blue carts and couldn't find this particular one, So I thought i'd go to the experts, and ask directly. In your own personal opinion, just by looking at the cartridge, do you think that this copy is real or fake? I havent paid for it a this stage, so if it turns out that it is fake, I will ask to end the transaction.

Thanks if anyone can help!!

for some reason i cant link it, so if someone can help me to actually show them a picture of the cart somehow, that would be awesome thanks.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
you need 15 posts to be able to post a link. perhaps you could attach the picture in your post?

EDIT: Picture of cart was sent to me in a pm. Posting here on behalf of OP.
Spoiler:

I'm not an expert on these, but first of all, the cart looks like a really dark purple. That might just be the lighting, but all the blue cats I've seen have been very distinctly purple. Second, I have yet to see a cart that has that much of the blastoise in the pic. Third (and probably most convincing) is the fact that it fact that your cart says "Link to red version to catch all 150 monsters" and has no ™ after the pokemon logo. I'd say this is probably fake, but again, I'm no expert. If it plays fine, keep it, but if the cart is acting weird, then that's why.
Reference pictures of actual carts:
1 2 3

Last edited:

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
Years
This looks like a fake. Like the previous poster said, the cartridge is supposed to be a dark blue, this one looks black. Another thing is the writing on the grey background. On this cartridge it takes up almost all of the grey box, on the reference photos it takes up less space. Like it was said before, the photo of the Blastoise is also too big.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Thanks for your advice guys, i'll see if I can get the seller of the cartridge to prove to me with like a photo or something that the cartridge actually works correctly, or attempt to find a copy of red/blue for around the same price that has the proper cart. Failing that, ill request that the transaction be cancelled.

Thanks again.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since this is answered, I'll go ahead and close this. :) I'm glad you were helped before you actually got the game though, cause it does sound painfully fake. I hope you're able to find a real copy soon. If you ever decide to purchase another one, feel free to come back to ask for help if you're not sure. Just use the Q&A thread next time please! Good luck. 8)

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back