• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprite Comic Contest 0 - Trial run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Right then guys, it seemed from the poll that a fair few of you wanted to see sprite comic contests become a regular part of Pixel Projects, so here it is, the trial contest.
Realistically this is to test out format and popularity with the contests, as it's still edgey to weather it should be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly contests.

Anyway, here's the theme.
oak.png

That's right folks, it's a joke with prof Oak!
The comic can be about anything, but Oak has to be the main character, it can be in any style (you can scratch the whole thing if you want) and can be anywhere between 4 and 10 panels long. Speech bubbles are a must, no text under panels please.

We're gonna try the bi-weekly format this time, so closing date for entries is the 29th of May.
Obviously both Pixel Art and Pixel Project rules apply, as do the main forum rules.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
...Huh, well I'll give it a shot.

Click here

I only saw that speech bubble thing after completing it. ^^; But, well, it's supposed to be like text in a Pokemon game, so I don't think it's too out of place.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Ahahah, nice entry, I'll allow the TuP in this case because you pulled it off so well, and the fact you done it like the actual games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
No TUP? :[

Speech bubbles are messy and can easily ruin a good comic. Please reconsider this rule, Foxheart.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
TUP is ugly and unprofessional, the only way it'll be accepted is if it's in the style the Zeph used. Sorry.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I was considering doing something with the starters... or being unable to find Luxio (#404) in the PokeDex... but no really funny ideas arose from either. So, I went with something that hits a little closer to home.

Spoiler:

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Ahahahaha, that's awesome! I love the fact you animated it!

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
The animation was kind of a thing of necessity. Pokemon Ranger had a perfect overworld Tyranitar, but once I'd decided to use it I really wanted the room to shake. I also wanted a good way to obscure the "naughty" (it's not, really) word, and #%*$! is kind of overused.

I'm glad you like it! I can't imagine why there hasn't been a better turnout for this...

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Poor turn out guys.
The two who did enter however done a fantastic job.

I'm extending deadline to 5th of June.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Tell you what, PM me your entry if you can get it done, I won't be posting results until the 9th anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back