• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Arcanum OOC

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Sorry if I haven't gotten a post up yet. I have one, however it is unfinished and I have a lot of schoolwork to do. This week I have three tests for example and next week I have one. Although I should be able to get something up this weekend :\

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Thinking of Kitaru meeting a con man, any ideas for the scam that he is using. I'm thinking something really stupid a bit like the Magikarp guy, possibly painting Pokemon to sell as a different breed. Still not sure on what would work just right though.
Sounds like a plan! Maybe he could meet him in Feborough? Or maybe the man could come from Feborough, trying to sell things to travelers since he's got too many rivals in Feborough? Maybe... a pokémon for a cheap price, that then steals the trainer's money and runs back to the seller? Only tossing out ideas~

Mr Mammoth, I understand. This might become somewhat of a dark age for Arcanum, because I don't have much time to spend roleplaying either. I too have three tests. And as much as it hurts to say - they are more important than this.

But as long as you come back when they're over ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
That's ok, Warden. Short posts are necessary sometimes, to glue things together nicely or when you feel like posting showing you're alive but don't have energy to make a little novel adventure~

By the way, I decided that all of you should get to see the map of Arcanum now. You've only glimpsed it in the first post so far, and your character may buy it in Feborough's market. But anyways, without further ado, I present to you... Arcanum.

(it's in the OP, guys lol)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
That's ok, Warden. Short posts are necessary sometimes, to glue things together nicely or when you feel like posting showing you're alive but don't have energy to make a little novel adventure~

By the way, I decided that all of you should get to see the map of Arcanum now. You've only glimpsed it in the first post so far, and your character may buy it in Feborough's market. But anyways, without further ado, I present to you... Arcanum.

(it's in the OP, guys lol)

Pfft, I've already seen it in detail. Especially since I was making a super awesome version of it, but then you went ahead and redesigned the whole region. Pfft.

Anyways, I shall post soon. I'll actually get working on it in a few minutes . . . I suppose that other SU can wait~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The only thing that really changed much was the location of Octowell, that forest around it and the Arca Massive... it makes more sense now ;) iiiiimmmmooooo

You go work on catching up with your real life. Which is obviously here on PokéCommunity and not offline somewhere :>

Nakuzami

Years
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!

I just spent three hours typing a post and at the last freaking moment the computer erased it ALL. ALL OF IT. OH MY GOD. ;~;
I feel so very discouraged. It was such a great post, incredibly fun, and then BOOM.
I might try it again tomorrow.
Maybe.
Don't count on it being as good.
Or long.
Or detailed.
Because I am soooooo angry now.
Just my luck.
I need a cookie.
Good day to you, my fine sirs.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh, I would much rather write shorter, easy-going posts than a big-fat-long-yet-slightly-confusing ones that I always write... It makes me think of each situation in more detail. :3

The warden

I'm back!
Years
I like pie...

Pokemon have pie... What?

Should get my post up today if I'm not too busy. Again it will be short but everything happens for a reason.

Would you mind if when I do get round to bringing in the conman his con was quite silly?

I want pie now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

HOW TO AVOID MAKING YOUR COMPUTER ERASING YOUR POST IN THE LAST SECOND

Don't write it up on PokéCommunity. Write it in MS Word, Open Office or something else and save it on your computer. That way you can (if you feel like it) write a little at a time.

And save it now and then. Important thing here. Press the save icon now and then, every fifth minute at the very least. Apparently, it's necessary.

Or, if you really want to write it directly into the reply box - DO NOT USE THE QUICK REPLY BOX. Press "Post Reply" or "Go Advanced" and write your post in the advanced editor. That way, even if PC logs out on ya or something for being too inactive when you finally press the "Post" or "Preview" button, you can just log in with the login thing that appears and there's your post again, alive and ready.

But the absolutely best way is to write the post someplace else as I said above. And save. As I. Said.

Anywhoo, short posts aren't bad at all if they are detailed, and you're welcome to split up battles and stuff, even. But if you split things up and you DON'T want me to judge levels and stuff on each of the smaller posts themselves, but rather on several of them afterwards instead, you should notify me :3

And I don't mind the conman, Warden. I love the adventures you guys think up!

Nakuzami

Years
Okay, I'm going to try and recreate the post I lost last week.

Already it is a fail compared to the epic masterpiece I had before. Why did it all have to go poof!? THE WORLD IS OUT TO DESTROY ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS. ;~;

BUT I will have a post up soonish. It might be a shortened version, maybe about half, what the original post was. That way I'll post it in "chapters".

EDIT: lol, I'm so smart. Me trying to think of something different to add to this post:
"o hai, maybe I should make a shiny Combee app-. . . wait a second . . . oh, right."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
^^

Sorry if I'm a bit off these days. On monday next week I will hopefully have time to be more active on PC again.

Nakuzami

Years
I posted~!
AH, IT'S SO SHORT!! D: It looked a lot longer in Microsoft Word. I think it's a lot shorter than the original. OH WELL. It also seems rushed, but that's because it is. YOU'RE LUCKY YOU GOT THAT after my computer got all STUPID AND DESTROYED all of my hopes and dreams. YOU CAN GO READ IT NAOW.
EDIT: IT DELETED IT AGAIN. >:C But this time I has it saved!!!! But now I have to do all the bolding and stuff again. >:C ONE MOMENT PL0X >:D
EDIT2: phew! Done. The title works both in and out of character, lol. AND I GOTS TO CLAIM FOURTH PAGIES~

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Wow Nakuzami, PC sure likes to delete your hard work! Do you think that there may be something... behind this? Like for example... What if your messages get deleted because of some sort of zombie-fungus that has made it's way into the internet?

Nakuzami

Years
Wow Nakuzami, PC sure likes to delete your hard work! Do you think that there may be something... behind this? Like for example... What if your messages get deleted because of some sort of zombie-fungus that has made it's way into the internet?

THEN I WOULD FLOOD THE ZOMBIE-FUNGUS IN PINK AND FORCE IT TO FACE. MY. WRATH. RAWR!!!!!!

BUT LOOKEY~, it's done! ;D

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years

THEN I WOULD FLOOD THE ZOMBIE-FUNGUS IN PINK AND FORCE IT TO FACE. MY. WRATH. RAWR!!!!!!

BUT LOOKEY~, it's done! ;D

WHAT?! How dare you even think of doing that to my beloved Thallids! You shall face the ever-lasting wrath of---

Okay, I'm done now.

Well, let's see here... I'm looking. I'm looking. I'm looking. I'm looking. I'm looking some more. I'm looking at the end of it. I have looked at it one last time. Now I fell empty inside... Waaaaaahhh, don't leave me again Nakuzami!!! T^T

Nakuzami

Years
WHAT?! How dare you even think of doing that to my beloved Thallids! You shall face the ever-lasting wrath of---

Okay, I'm done now.

Well, let's see here... I'm looking. I'm looking. I'm looking. I'm looking. I'm looking some more. I'm looking at the end of it. I have looked at it one last time. Now I fell empty inside... Waaaaaahhh, don't leave me again Nakuzami!!! T^T

I shall do no such thing! I will never leave my beloved Corner again, unless I am called away by matters of the utmost Pinkness! NEVER FEAR, NAKU'S ODDNESS IS HERE!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years

I shall do no such thing! I will never leave my beloved Corner again, unless I am called away by matters of the utmost Pinkness! NEVER FEAR, NAKU'S ODDNESS IS HERE!

Ah, pink... Fun thing is, pink doesn't really exsist. It's just an illusion by the human brain...

Anyway, I guess this is sort of your ODDyssey eheheheheheee... Lame-joke Powers activate!

Back