• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Beginner's Guide to Shiny Hacking

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Hey guys!
This tutorial will teach you everything you know about Shiny Hacking. If you want to make some sort of epic event that gives you a Shiny Pokemon for your hack (or if you just want to learn it), then this tutorial is for you. I'm trying to make this tutorial as beginner-friendly as possible and I hope everyone reading this would understand this tutorial :)

Someone has already made this tutorial somewhere before but the thread died out so I decided to make another one but this time more beginner-friendly. But if you are a newbie, please make sure to learn how to use AdvanceMap and PKSV first, since there are many tutorials here explaining how to use it.

Below is a video demonstrating the miraculous works of this hack.

Now to get started...

Programs/files needed:
Spoiler:

Getting Started:
Spoiler:

And that's all for now :)

Thanks for wasting spending your time on this tutorial. I plan to update this post soon and create an XSE tutorial as well once I learn XSE basics and stuff.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me anytime :)

N!elz

Beginning Hack-maker
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2012
What's changing if you changed the shiny routine? Is there a bigger chance now for encountering shinies? Or is it that you can "force" to make Shiny events?

The Void

hiiiii
Years
What's changing if you changed the shiny routine? Is there a bigger chance now for encountering shinies? Or is it that you can "force" to make Shiny events?

It alters the shiny routine for our specified 'callasm' script to match with the new routine. So in a way, it 'forces' the game to make shiny events, yes. :)

N!elz

Beginning Hack-maker
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2012
It alters the shiny routine for our specified 'callasm' script to match with the new routine. So in a way, it 'forces' the game to make shiny events, yes. :)
Okay! Thanks for the answer :) I'll be using this one in my hack I think!

Oh, and by the way, if I wanted to make it a battle against a ''forced'' shiny, can I use that same "callasm" script but place it in a battle script, or doesn't it work that way? (you don't have to give explanation if you don't feel like it)

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Okay! Thanks for the answer :) I'll be using this one in my hack I think!

Oh, and by the way, if I wanted to make it a battle against a ''forced'' shiny, can I use that same "callasm" script but place it in a battle script, or doesn't it work that way? (you don't have to give explanation if you don't feel like it)

Yes, it works exactly the same way, but you'll need a different script, I guess. You'll still be using the same 'callasm' command, though. :)

N!elz

Beginning Hack-maker
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2012
Yes, it works exactly the same way, but you'll need a different script, I guess. You'll still be using the same 'callasm' command, though. :)

Thanks for the answers, I really appreciate that! :) I just wrote my first working scripts today! A plain message script, a give Pokémon script and edited a PokéMart script to my needs. And I also want to thank you for being responsible for a part of my understanding for scripting!

Years
Okay so this is the only way I can force a Pokemon in like another Trainer's party? Like Im making a optional Trainer battle and he has a Celebi that is suppose to be shiny while the other Pokemon are normal. How would I go and just add Celebi into being a shiny?

Back