• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
IMO if they were going to add a Light type they would have in the previous generation which was the best opportunity to do so. We haven't had any new types for over ten years now and the reason why they introduced Steel & Dark was to balance the type advantages/resistances from Gen I.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Don't Light types resemble much of that of Normal types? As Suicune said, I think they're going to keep with tradition and not add any new types to the game. It'd be interesting to have more Eeveelutions, though. I think we're gonna see more Pokemon with more combined types (like Pokemon with three types), but I don't think we'll see any new types. You never know, though. It's fun to speculate, especially since unexpected curve balls have been thrown at us throughout the series.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Don't Light types resemble much of that of Normal types? As Suicune said, I think they're going to keep with tradition and not add any new types to the game. It'd be interesting to have more Eeveelutions, though. I think we're gonna see more Pokemon with more combined types (like Pokemon with three types), but I don't think we'll see any new types. You never know, though. It's fun to speculate, especially since unexpected curve balls have been thrown at us throughout the series.
One could argue that the much popular "Light" type is represented by various types we have currently: Psychic, Fighting, and Normal all come to mind.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I never understood The whole "Light" type thing. Dark type represents use of cheap tactics and mischief. If light is the opposite of dark type, what will it represent ? Playing fair ? But isn't that EVERY other type except Dark ?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
IMO if they were going to add a Light type they would have in the previous generation which was the best opportunity to do so. We haven't had any new types for over ten years now and the reason why they introduced Steel & Dark was to balance the type advantages/resistances from Gen I.

Just because they haven't added them in over 10 years doesn't mean they can't ever :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Forever's got a point, they can surprise us, after all it took them 12-13 years to make another pair of sequels. Plus what better way to evolve the game than to add new types and mechanics. I just hope I don't find myself calling gen 2 more of a evolution than this one like I did with gen III being more of a reboot than V which wasn't much of a reboot imo as it didn't add much to the battle system as either gen II (split of special stat,two new types), III (Natures, change to Ev system, added IV's, double battles), IV (split moves into special and physical oppose to having it depend on type), gen V (rotation,double).
Either way please give us a new eeveelution GF.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Well October is admittedly not the best time seeing as there's always a metric tonne of music coming out around that time (as well as, you know, presents to buy!) so my finances are more than a bit stretched, but the sooner the better for me so I'd take October 2013 over any time after that.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd prefer a Summer release because of the long wait we have ahead but at the same time it's fun to find out new information and speculate until the release.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Knowing that I've already pre-ordered Pokémon X and Pokémon Y at EB games today, I've got many things that I'm kind of speculating about, especially the "Light-type" that's still stuck in my head. And the only thing I can think about that is opposite to mischief and cheap tactics... is things that heal and help other Pokémon like moves such as Safeguard or Helping Hand.

Oh yes and speaking about the Eeveelution, I think everyone should turn on KeyHole TV onto TV Tokyo right now! 'Cause I'm pretty sure Pokémon Smash will be on very soon. ;)

blue

gucci
Years
Oh yes and speaking about the Eeveelution, I think everyone should turn on KeyHole TV onto TV Tokyo right now! 'Cause I'm pretty sure Pokémon Smash will be on very soon. ;)

Completely forgot about Smash so thanks for reminding me! I'm watching it on ZephyrSonic's Youtube page, I'm hoping they reveal something but I'm just not sure if they will or not.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I'd REALLY want to see a Tiger Pokemon, I've been wanting to see one for a while but it hasn't happened yet, but I feel that this generation is gonna bring a tiger. <3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Nothing new regarding X&Y from Pokemon smash...

And nothing new from Pokemon Smash regarding the Eevee family - only Umbreon and Leafeon appeared from behind the door. Although, ZS made an interesting point - they might screen case each Eeveelution from the past gens behind each door, so when they're all revealed, that's when the possible Eeveelution may be revealed?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Nothing new regarding X&Y from Pokemon smash...

And nothing new from Pokemon Smash regarding the Eevee family - only Umbreon and Leafeon appeared from behind the door. Although, ZS made an interesting point - they might screen case each Eeveelution from the past gens behind each door, so when they're all revealed, that's when the possible Eeveelution may be revealed?

I wonder which Eeveelutions they've already revealed other than Umbreon and Leafeon? I'm pretty sure last week they showed some other Eeveelutions, but I'm not sure which ones they are.

But yeah, I was thinking the same thing too, they probably will show the new Eeveelution for X and Y after they've shown all the other Eeveelutions.

blue

gucci
Years
I know they shown Glaceon last week but I only tuned in 20 minutes to the end so there could have been another before that.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Base 130 in Attk or Spc Attk, Base 110 speed.

Hello OU eeveelution!

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Rumor to sink your teeth into.

Spoiler:

Actually sounds believable. Love the Pokemon's typing, will definitely use it if it's real. Though the Pokemon sounds a lot like the Steel/Dark Power Ranger from Unova.

Oh wait Scraggy etc. I used it though, shows I like the typing haha

But I'm iffy about the protagonists thing because I'm still holding out for player customization meaning that there won't be protagonists art this generation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back