• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - May 2010

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Identity

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Pokémon Kyanite

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • Pokémon Flora Sky

Votes: 63 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
h2-hotm.png

Introduction

You have until the first of June to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I vote for Flora Sky, for its interesting choice of tiles and good gameplay. I hope is wins, just because it lost in April and I enjoyed playing it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Identity has an interesting story that carries it past the FR graphics, quite an interesting hacks.

Kyanite has some amazing ideas, I love the gratitude tokens and the headbuttable trees - but aren't the screenshots in this thread out of date? It seems to have been redone since the overworld is back to FR :S

Flora sky has too much going on in the graphics for my liking and I find it quite off putting.

Vote goes to... Identity, Kyanite is a close second but I'll wait until it's been redone substancially :)

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Identity simply surpasses the others due to its innovative storyline and play style. It's proof not to judge a ROM by its graphics. A lot of people may vote the others as they have custom tiles, but the one's who have actually played all 3 will realise its dramatic preponderance over the other 2. They are good hacks also, don't get me wrong, but they just don't hold a candle to VGAura's work in developing a close bond between the player and the character.

Umbreon_

muwahh
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
I vote for Identity. Simple, fresh and the scripts are well made. :]

Flora is close but needs to show off more of experienced scripts. ^^ ;

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Wow, this is hard.

Identity is amzing in the story, and I love the use of FR tiles.

Kyanite is one of my favorite hacks. I love the tiles, and Mapping, and a very fun and interesting story! But, as SwiftSign said, I'm pretty sure the screenies are out of date. Kyanite has had a restart, with alot changed.

FloraSky has some of the best tiles, and that's pretty much all I can say about it.

Well, My vote goes to Kyanite, because it's just amazing in all aspects.
I love the great mapping, becoming a GYM leader, and the amazing new tiles. :3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
All are great. By my vote goes to Flora Sky, the tiles are fantastic and the mapping is spectacular. Good luck everyone and congratulations to the winner.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
I'm going for Pokemon Flora Sky. The tiles, maps, and scripts are very good. I like the Pokemon Center Service also, and the graphics are awesome! XP

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
Years
Mi vote is for Pokémon Kyanite
# Pokémon Identity: Good story. But I don't like FR/LG tiles D: They're... lacking.
# Pokémon Kyanite: It's a. great game. Really, innovative, entertaining, and graphically charming. It gets my vote,
# Pokémon Flora Sky: Wow, amazing graphics; maps, sprites and tiles. They're awesome(it'd be great that it wins if Kyanite doesn't), but...

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
I voted Flora Sky because i really love the tiles and maps used there,it deserves this award :)

xdevynxisxherex

Devyn Fox
Years
I don't knooow

I'm kinda stuck between Flora Sky and Identity.
Identity hasagreat stoyline, but Flora Sky has beautiful tiles/graphics.
Identity for the win...
I vote Identity.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
I vote again (I voted for it the last months, too) for Identity simply because of the storyline but also because it has some good scripting!^^ The other two have nice graphics but that's not the only important thing. Identity has such an amazing story that you just can't quit until you've played through the whole demo!^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back