• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2010
I have a question regarding as what to do next
I try to move boulders in the ice dungeon, but it says I don't have the gym badge for it
I have 7 badges, what and where is the 8th gym/gym where I acquire strength privileges outside of battle?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
I wonder why this hack isn't getting as much attention

Unlike most hacks, this one's actually *finished* =p

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
its pretty sweet but i think it isnt gettin to much attention because its a gbc hack it is great as it is now but if it was a gba hack it would be much better and would have more benefits

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Odds are, if it was an RSE hack, I wouldn't have played it

Guess my values just differ

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
thanks for the reviving the thread chrona. i agree, i do not like the new games, the only pokemon games/hacks i play are first gen games, which is why i decided to do it.

also, kcchiefsx, im not even sure which gym gives you that ability, but I do know there is a gym that you have to use the pokeflute to get to, that might be the one your talking about, im not sure. sorry i cant even help on my own hack haha

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
i enjoy the new games, but honestly...nothing beats a good dose of nostalgia.

@kcchiefsx: if it's the same gym i'm thinking of, it's in Migliobury. i'm not sure if it's the right one or not. there are also two near (i think) Gelina? so it might be one of those.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
I play 1st and 2nd gen games =p

Anyhow, I probably asked this at an earlier time, but can you ever get the other starters?

*Double posts for bump*

Found a minor glitch

The top right panel of those square block things can be walked on

If you don't know what I mean - Go to the fire cave thingy from the first town, go to where the first "staircase" (Not change of floor, just a walkable tile) is, and keep heading left instead of up. Same thing happens on the block ABOVE the stairs

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
ah, that glitch was in the original game as well.
and sorry for not answering your other question but the other starters are not available.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Ah...oh well =p

There were also some items on the edge of a wall, but those are pretty obvious so you probably didn't miss them.

When I get my online Pokemon RPG back up, would you mind if I advertised this hack? It's honestly my current favorite, and I'd like more people to play it :D

Time for another bug report

Euclose - The man who doesn't let you go by without a gym pass talks to you as though you have it if you talk to him from the side

Euclose Gym - Blaze uses Super Potions as though they were X-stat items. The FIRST thing he did in the battle was use Super Potion on his
Nidoqueen, before I even got a chance to attack

Water route past Euclose - Where there are four trainers facing opposite directions (in a +), I was able to surf THROUGH the girl on the right, both before I fought her and RIGHT after. Was unable to recreate this afterwards when the route refreshed after I poke-centered

Mica - Nothing really important, but the Gym apprentice is a Rocker, but is named Hiker

Misc - Kabuto and Kabutops still have the shell icon when in the party. Haven't obtained other pokemon that use the sprite so I can't see if they use it.

Also, any reason why Gold Watch is in the Game Corner? The guy only needs one for Strength. Was Koga being gym leader your idea, or did you forget to switch his name?

Still, great hack <3

Edit - Found one more minor thing - The monster pillar thing that tells the gym leader in Koga's gym states that it's the Mica City Gym, not Gelina

Edit again - The last gym (The Force gym) has a few bugs. The first Blackbelt has a text error when he challenges you to a battle, and a Tamer and Blackbelt walk through a wall to challenge you from two rows above

Edit again, again - Forgot to mention, High Crit moves (Slash, Crabhammer, possible something else) seem to critical 100% of the time

Edit again x 3 - Another random thing I just noticed - If you look at the Status page of your pokemon, it doesn't show their types for some reason. Damnit, someone post here so I can stop editing xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
thanks for the bug list. and i would love if you advertised this hack.

some of those i have no idea how to fix, but the text ones and trainers walking trough walls i can definately fix. unfortunately im at college and the computer i use to hack the game is at home, so i wont be able to fix these until thanksgiving. thankfully they aren't MAJOR bugs that make the game unplayable.

and the gold watch is in the game corner if the person does not feel like going through the poke safari.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
They'd need Surf anyhow

*shrugs*

When is your Thanksgiving anyhow? In Canada, t'was today =D

Anyhow, currently right before Seafoam/Victory Road, training my pokemon a little more before going for the E4

Good luck in college =)

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
I love your hack. Just a few bugs I wanted to point out.

More backsprites: Grimer and Clefairy are glitched up.

Also, Grimer still has an icon in the POKEMON menu.

Good luck with the hack.

~Zel!x

Cope Tiles. Coming soon
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
oh! a gb hack nice! I like the gb hacks and this hack its beatufull!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
you get some surprise battles ;)

also, i fixed the glitches i could, which were:
the backsprites
gold watch
text errors
gym people

I will upload it sometime tihs week

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Awesome =)

Did you include the shell mini sprite? My Kabuto still had his, like I said

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2009
Wow! I jus found a glitch. in the beginning of the game go outside your house and go to the route south. If you go in the grass you'll run into a pokemon and your pokemon is MissingNo. Weird. and if you run the gam e will freeze and you'll have to reeset

Back