• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Type: Move Tutor script
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

When I select 'Yes', the game resets. >.<
setvar 0x8005 0x0 ' 0x1D
Isn't ' cause of problem? I think that ' is considered to be command which ends the line if it's longer then ya wanna

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
setvar 0x8005 0x0 ' 0x1D
Isn't ' cause of problem? I think that ' is considered to be command which ends the line if it's longer then ya wanna

The script wouldn't compile because I had too less parameters when I did that. So I tried changing this:

Spoiler:

To this:

Spoiler:

And it did the same thing. XSE is telling me that special 0x18D can only have one parameter (0x18D itself), and setvar can only have 2, so where would I define the move to be taught?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The script wouldn't compile because I had too less parameters when I did that. So I tried changing this:

Spoiler:

To this:

Spoiler:

And it did the same thing. XSE is telling me that special 0x18D can only have one parameter (0x18D itself), and setvar can only have 2, so where would I define the move to be taught?

Varibales can have a 16-bit/2 byte/word value.
So the setvar will be able to support the move. I think you want this. Changes in bold.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Base ROM: Firered English
Script type: Person
Script:
Spoiler:

Error: Whenever I give him the item, the flag 1003 automatically sets itself. Why?
E.g. let's say I give him the Moomoo Milk. When I ask him again, he'll say 'I wish you best of luck on your journey.' but I don't know why.

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
Varibales can have a 16-bit/2 byte/word value.
So the setvar will be able to support the move. I think you want this. Changes in bold.

It's still doing the same thing. >.<

Might it be because I'm trying to use a Ruby ROM? Is the move tutor event even programmed in it?

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
There is a big issue with my script. I've started scripting only recently, and I've been able to make my own scripts. But, this is way over my head. When the player sprite steps on the designated tile, the script activates, like it should. But, when you return, and step on that same tile, the script activates again. I'm using a basic talking script, and a variable number from a different script. Can I have the script fixed so it works? Or, have it explained so that It will work?

Game: Pokemon FireRed Version
Type: Event
Script:
Spoiler:

If you are wondering, I removed the faceplayer command because there is no person to talk to.

From what you're saying, you're using this as a script, rather than a person event. If you want someone to say something when you talk to them, you'd be better off setting the script to a person's sprite in AdvanceMap, rather than using a scripting tile for it.

As the person above me said, you'd need to use flags.

Spoiler:

That should work.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Nope. If that's trigger script (the one which activates when ya step on it...) then ya have to use setvars... for example setvar 0x4050 0x1 and that 4050 needs to be written into var number bar.
If it's person talk script sorry for not understanding.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
I have a problem...

Hey so I tried to make a script so that when you talk to this guy, he'll talk and then walk and disappear. It worked but after this script is activated the game seems to think i'm in a safari zone and when I press start it gives me an option to retire. ( This is in Fire Red and I'm using XSE )

Spoiler:

Please help

I found out the solution, if anybody else has the same problem as me just change the person ID in A-map, It was 800 previously, which is what activated the safari zone. I think... :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2009
Spoiler:

When i want to fight i get red color screen and game crashes why ??

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
Hey I'm back trying to learn to script and I'm doing the following one:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800010
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x880001D MSG_NORMAL '"Hi [player]!\n My Nidorino is bein..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80001D
= Hi [player]!\n My Nidorino is being a pain.\p Can you battle him to make\n him move?\p Oh you don't have a Pokemon...\n Go see Elm, he'll have one.

Anyway, I need to know how to make the Nidorino battle you after you come back from Elms lab with a Pokemon. He disappers afterwards.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
thats requesting a script but I will tell you what you will nead add a check flag (check the have a first pokemon flag) then have a startwildbatte and then have a seflag (0x300) and add a check flag(0x300) when if (ox300) is set it takes you to release end or if its a persone event just put 300 as the persons ID so after the wildbattle and the setflag is set put a disaprear then when you go to another map the disprence will be perminate

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Sorry this is probably quite a common problem but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I want this script to only be activated once, so I set a flag but it still seems to activate again... (Btw this is on a script event on a person event) Can anybody tell me what error I've made? Thanks.

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sorry this is probably quite a common problem but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I want this script to only be activated once, so I set a flag but it still seems to activate again... (Btw this is on a script event on a person event) Can anybody tell me what error I've made? Thanks.

Spoiler:
Ya can do it the way I did ;)
It's practically like this... when person gives ya pokemon and dex and ya talk to it again it'll say something like "I don't have more to give ya".

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
That would be useful and thanks for replying =D but this is a script not a person event, and at the end the screen fades to black and goes to normal again, the guys gone, (you know how people like warping in pokemon) so it'd be weird if my character is talking to thin air! >_<

Should I change it so the event is activated by talking to somebody? (Thanks for replying)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That would be useful and thanks for replying =D but this is a script not a person event, and at the end the screen fades to black and goes to normal again, the guys gone, (you know how people like warping in pokemon) so it'd be weird if my pokemon is talking to thin air! >_<

Should I change it so the event is activated by talking to somebody? (Thanks for replying)
Oh I see... so ya just wanna person disappear...
That's pretty easy.

Spoiler:

After you'll do that movement put number of flag (8C3 in your script) into ID of person (This way person will disappear and won't appear when ya move to other map).
Hope ya understood :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Erm I think i'm explaining it badly so I just made a video to show you my problem =D

So how can I stop the script reactivating because the flag won't work. The people stay hidden. Sorry if i'm annoying you ash xD

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

Spoiler:

Fixed

Code:
#dynamic 0x2DD4DC

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x8C3
if 0x1 goto @skip
message @txt 0x6
applymovement 0x2 @mvm1
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x1 @mvm2
waitmovement 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
applymovement 0x2 @mvm3
waitmovement 0x0
message @text 0x6
givepokemon 0x3F 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x2
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x8C3
release
end

#org @skip
release
end

#org @txt
= Uh oh...\nIt looks like Meowth wants to \pbattle!\nHold on!\p I'll help you!

#org @mvm1
#RAW 0x12
#RAW 0x12
#RAW 0x12
#RAW 0x12
#RAW 0x12
#RAW 0xFE

#org @mvm2
#RAW 0x4F
#RAW 0x00
#RAW 0xFE

#org @mvm3
#RAW 0x00
#RAW 0xFE

#org @text
= No need to thank me... But...\nMeowths are rare in this area\pand I've been trying to spot one,\nfor years.\pAs you saw this meowth first\nit's yours...\pBut would you take an abra \nand let me keep this meowth?\pYou would? \nThanks!\pAs I'm in a generous\n mood, you can have a \p pokedex too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back