• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ceil

Regarding graphics...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcc5m

what
Years
My first thought was really fireworks another one but so far it looks good so I will be watching

...I'm making two hacks. This and Darkgrey (Which I'm currently spriting for and won't be doing any actual hacking for a while). CrimsonRed is a side project and doesn't count.

Update!

PokemonCeil_07-1.png
PokemonCeil_08-1.png
PokemonCeil_06-2.png

Just a few screens of meeting Professor Linden ;)

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I particularly like the battle backgrounds, The story sorta seems like you just wanted to make a hack and just came up with something in 2 minutes, I might be wrong, it's just the way it sounds. Notices some tree tile errors in the screen shots but there easy to sort, thanks to the magic of advance map and two-layered tiling. In my opinion, I don't really like the pallettes but some people do, so it looks good from a non-objective point of view. Overall though looks pretty good though, just need to polish somed of the edges (Like most hacks tbf.)

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
This is awesome! I love the tiles and despite the clones, the maps are beautiful!

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Wow Fireworks. What a knack for graphics! The tiles are very good. The storyline sounds interesting. I love that you were able to change the battle backgrounds. The sinnoh sprites look really good. my favorite thing is the random Wooper lurking around the PokeMart. :P

marcc5m

what
Years
I particularly like the battle backgrounds, The story sorta seems like you just wanted to make a hack and just came up with something in 2 minutes, I might be wrong, it's just the way it sounds. Notices some tree tile errors in the screen shots but there easy to sort, thanks to the magic of advance map and two-layered tiling. In my opinion, I don't really like the pallettes but some people do, so it looks good from a non-objective point of view. Overall though looks pretty good though, just need to polish somed of the edges (Like most hacks tbf.)

That's because I don't want to give anything away. What fun is it if I post absolutely everything that happens? All that really needs to be said atm is that the player has amnesia, Champion finds him in a cave, player gets through the cave, is given a Pokémon, becomes the Professor's assistant and there are bad guys.
I've said about the errors. They've already been fixed and the screens will be updated eventually.

This is awesome! I love the tiles and despite the clones, the maps are beautiful!

Thank you.

Wow Fireworks. What a knack for graphics! The tiles are very good. The storyline sounds interesting. I love that you were able to change the battle backgrounds. The sinnoh sprites look really good. my favorite thing is the random Wooper lurking around the PokeMart. :P

Thank you. The sprites are mostly custom though xD

Update!

I've been thinking, and...I'm probably going to change the starters. Why? Well here are the pros and cons of having Rhyhorn, Magnemite and Spheal as starters:

Pros:
  • They fit in with the Regi typings (Rock, Steel and Ice).
  • Original I guess.

Cons:
  • I have to edit their stats, and I feel that stats should not be tampered with.
  • Even with the stat changes they seem way too overpowered because of their typing and movesets, which I also don't want to make to many changes to.

So the starters are now...
BOBBY SAWYER
CHARLIE MANDER
SQ WART HALL

Bai.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I've been thinking, and...I'm probably going to change the starters. Why? Well here are the pros and cons of having Rhyhorn, Magnemite and Spheal as starters:

Pros:
  • They fit in with the Regi typings (Rock, Steel and Ice).
  • Original I guess.

Cons:
  • I have to edit their stats, and I feel that stats should not be tampered with.
  • Even with the stat changes they seem way too overpowered because of their typing and movesets, which I also don't want to make to many changes to.
For the record, Spheal kinda did work as a starter in Pokemon Genesis and
I think some other hacks, but I agree with the others about editing their stats.

Why haven't I commented on this yet?So far it looks truely amazing and I hope this hack gets a beta out shortly. No pressure xD

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
This looks really great. I'd say graphically my favorite part is the battle backgrounds, which look great. Script wise, the starter script looks pretty great too. My hope is that you'll actually finish this rather than give up like before. Good luck! :)

marcc5m

what
Years
Hey, wouldn't it be cool if this had custom music in it?
Yeah well I cant insert music* so too bad :)

*PM me if you can

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Okay, okay, I saw a screenshot from somewhere in the first page:
PokemonCeil_08.png

Sorry if this is outdated or something and really sorry if you dropped this hack or something.

Would you mind telling me :

Which move did you replace it with? Or if you added a new move, then which attack animation is that?

It reduces attack and defense like superpower right? (Or if not superpower could you tell the move?)

Sorry if it is supposed to be confidential but... I get really interested by new moves.

marcc5m

what
Years
Okay so I just have to port my ROM over from my old laptop to this one.
In the meantime, I'm thinking of changing the TM list. Any suggestions? What TMs would you like to see?

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Okay so I just have to port my ROM over from my old laptop to this one.
In the meantime, I'm thinking of changing the TM list. Any suggestions? What TMs would you like to see?
Personally, I think the TM list is fine. I just think it would be cool to see you make new HMs to use outside of battle instead of the basic cut, strength, rock smash, ect.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I think bringing back the elemental punches would be nice I always did enjoy having them as a TM.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Can you put Harden and Pound in as TMs? I want all of my Pokemon to know them :)

On a more serious note, how about Will-O-Wisp? I love that move and want to use it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back