• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the new shinies and welcome back returning members!

I forgot the link to the old chat, which explains why I was rarely in there.

I like the new contest, it's different from what we normally do. I think I'll MM the Nidorans.

My poor Twins... :(

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Do we need to obtain both shinies during August? For example, I already have Kyogre and Giratina and I'm currently hunting Groudon and Palkia so... =P

EDIT: Also... do shinies that I got before I joined the club here count for the yearly quest? If so, I think Giratina completes it O.o If not, then I think I only need an RE shiny to complete the quest =O

Sorry rykerr, but for shinies to count for a monthly quest, you have to catch them during that month. But it's a moot point anyways, since you're going to get BOTH Dialga and Palkia within the next couple of days. ;)

That's a good question about shinies caught before joining the club. It's definitely open for discussion, and I don't see why not; if you were shiny hunting and got them during the contest timeframe, I think they should still count even if you weren't in the club at the time. If anyone has any other opinions or ideas about this, feel free to post them.

I forgot the link to the old chat

You can now find the link to the chat in the first post! :)

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
I'mmmmm baaaaccckkk!!!!! After forgetting my password, I have returned! Right now, I am soft resetting for charmander in fire red and Mudkip in emerald. Wish me luck! Also, does anyone here Skype?

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
@ Phantomwolf SRing on Emerald doesn't work =/
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 1300 REs
Dialga - 1300 SRs
Combee - 258 HBs

I decide to try to get a shiny female combee on HG by headbutting those special trees north of cerulean city. They have 65% Combee and 35% Slakoth. I'm using a male clefairy with cute charm to get more female combees.

PhantomWolf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
@arceus whisper Really, it doesn't? I've seen people on YouTube get shinies on emerald by sring, so you must have your facts wrong.
Anyway, so far on fire red, I have over 100 srs for charmander.

EDIT: restarting my hunt for charmander because I lost count. And I'm still hatching for snivy and started to sr for tepig.

Last edited:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
If there's one thing I'm certain its that the RNG on Emerald is as broken as it can be. In theory you could start a new file each reset and fish for an early shiny frame or you could wait a little bit longer each reset. Either way it's RNG abuse, the only way to get shinies on emerald with out exploiting the RNG is to turn on Emerald and not turn it off. We do have a Shiny Hunting FAQ on the first page of this thread if you have any other questions.

Years
@ Phantomwolf SRing on Emerald doesn't work =/
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 1300 REs
Dialga - 1300 SRs
Combee - 258 HBs

I decide to try to get a shiny female combee on HG by headbutting those special trees north of cerulean city. They have 65% Combee and 35% Slakoth. I'm using a male clefairy with cute charm to get more female combees.

DON'T DO IT! Cute charm makes it so that cute charm is nuked on shinies! The mechanics of the game between cute charm and shinies are sort of incompatible, so with a cute charmer for females, you'll never(? if not rarely) find a female shiny. You can still find shinies, and females, but not female shinies. ;P

@arceus whisper Really, it doesn't? I've seen people on YouTube get shinies on emerald by sring, so you must have your facts wrong.
Anyway, so far on fire red, I have over 100 srs for charmander.

EDIT: restarting my hunt for charmander because I lost count. And I'm still hatching for snivy and started to sr for tepig.

Broken RNG :P It makes them RNG clones, or sometimes makes it much easier or impossible to find shinies. Complicated xD

EDIT:

Ho-oh: 12,750 SRs
Treecko: 8225 SRs

Last edited:

PhantomWolf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
Well, I guess I could do my scheduled shiny hunts I planned on emerald and do them on another game and use emerald for... A NUZLOCKE!

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
Omg! I was browing in my poke PC boxes on my white thinking all my shinies is in my shiny special box then WHAM! There was a shiny vulprix on my Box 9! I'm literally just cheering at the moment.. Lost for words I cant wait to get ninetails out of this fella!

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Okay guys after my 6 month drought with shiny ratatta being my last one İ decided to restart my heartgold. Ofcourse if you restart hgss you can not stop yourself from SR ing for a shiny starter am i right?NO?Nobody?oh okay:(

Anyway after a week of SR'ing i gave up but 2 days ago i said to myself
'' Yo dickhead . Get yo black ass of da couch and start SR ing'' ( P.S: İ am white but my conscience isn't)

After approxamatly 14 hours and 17 minutes of SR'ing i got my self a Russian chikorita called Vladimir. İ Nicknamed him cuz im gonna do a Nuzlocke run and i've already started writing the story and stuff.

Anyway last night i started EV training Vlad in dark cave and after about 83 geokills he evolved. Hopefully while grinding ill get a second shiny fingers crossed :)

Umm i would like to post a link to the site where i posted my run story. Would i get banned. Or can i post up admin ?

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
After approxamatly 14 hours and 17 minutes of SR'ing i got my self a Russian chikorita called Vladimir. İ Nicknamed him cuz im gonna do a Nuzlocke run and i've already started writing the story and stuff.

Umm i would like to post a link to the site where i posted my run story. Would i get banned. Or can i post up admin ?

It would be best if you placed the link into your signature. That way it gets seen by many more people and isn't breaking any forum rules.

Good luck on your shiny hunt!

And now for my own report, it's been a few pages.

I think I will actually take up the hunt this month, for a set of Shiny Nidoran M/F -or Nidorina/o- depends on what game I hunt on.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
for the August Quest, i think the pair i'd like to do, and im surprised no one else thought of this, will be Tauros/Miltank. I'll hunt for them in both HeartGold and SoulSilver (althought i'll have to abandon Ho-oh for the moment, cause that's currently where i am in Heartgold)

Edit: hmm........... this may be a tad hard, but im still gonna do it, as the other pairs, Plusle/Minun, Seviper/Zangoose, the Nidorans, Dialga/Palkia, i either already have, or i have one of already. i had also thought of Pinsir/Scyther, but Pinsir, outside of B/W, is not found in the wild besides the SZ/PokeRadar. Volbeat/Illumise i can only hunt in Emerald if i want to use them sometime in the future.....

Last edited:

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Hey, I'd like to join. I'm currently SRing for a shiny Snivy. I think I'll take part in your yearly quest as well.
Wish me luck!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
*puts shiny hunting cape back on*

Hiatus is over, hopefully. I'm gonna try and approach shiny hunting a totally different way for now. I have fun doing egg hunts; my first target will be Larvitar, assuming I have the resources necessary to breed the way I want to (perfect IVs, suitable nature, egg moves...you guys know how I roll by now :p)

Good luck everyone.

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years

It would be best if you placed the link into your signature. That way it gets seen by many more people and isn't breaking any forum rules.

Good luck on your shiny hunt!

And now for my own report, it's been a few pages.

I think I will actually take up the hunt this month, for a set of Shiny Nidoran M/F -or Nidorina/o- depends on what game I hunt on.

Thanks alot darkmoon. İ've currently finished EV training in defence and written my story up to chapter 2 :) Hope you read it too

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Man. Shiny hunting sure requires a lot of patience. I'm about to get back on my hunt for that shiny Charmander now...

Years
Guessssss whaaaaat?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
That makes the last three shinies posted here heartgold shinies. Well congratz and good luck on Treecko/Lugia.
As for myself...
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 1390 REs
Dialga - 1350 SRs
Unown - 1140 REs
Yeah so I'm gonna RE Viridian Forest on LG and Ruins of Alph on HG until I get the last shiny for the Yearly Quest.

Last edited:
Back