• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Is 55 Hours too much time to earn 8 badges? Thats how long it took me.

._.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
What are the best pre-E4 training spots? Apart from Victory Road because I have 2 Pokemon that don't do so good there.

Route 10, right under Victory Road, or Route 9, to the west of Opelucid city and slightly lower level than 10, or route 8, north of Icirrus city, which is slightly lower level than 9, any of those are lower than Victory Road, though not by a huge amount if you go through dark patches.

Is 55 Hours too much time to earn 8 badges? Thats how long it took me.

._.

There is no "too long", that's longer than it's ever taken me, but you probably do things a lot differently than me.
If you mean to have people in Black City/White Forest... Depends how many RL days from when you started to when you get there, and if you have wi-fi or friends you can get more people anyway.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
I feel like smashing it, that's how mad I am.

I want to know if 55 hours is too long and it's been over a month or I should just restart it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I feel like smashing it, that's how mad I am.

I want to know if 55 hours is too long and it's been over a month or I should just restart it.

Lol, what? It took me 50-55 hours to be done with the storyline, so don't get so angry. o_o What's making you so mad? Black City/White Forest? You can Entralink with other DSs to get those people anyway.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Ok thank you. I've tried those places but maybe I'll retry Route 10's dark patches. I'm not looking forward to grinding to level 60 with this Exp. System. Lucky Egg can only take you so far.

Is level 60 too much or too little for the league, Elite 4 even. Please on specifics, I don't want the team level spoilers xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ok thank you. I've tried those places but maybe I'll retry Route 10's dark patches. I'm not looking forward to grinding to level 60 with this Exp. System. Lucky Egg can only take you so far.

Is level 60 too much or too little for the league, Elite 4 even. Please on specifics, I don't want the team level spoilers xD

60 is definitely overlevelled, you'll sweep them :P I won't give it away but no need to go quite that high unless you really don't want to risk losing.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Is it too much for the E4? Definitely not, at least not for your first run at them.

edit: Oooh, I always manage to get ninja'd in this thread. :(

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

60 Is quite a big goal to aim for when it's Pre-Elite 4. Go for about 50-55, since the final Pokemon you will face is 54.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Bluerang1:Please no specifics, I don't want level spoilers!
Two posters: Here, let me tell you their levels!
My face: ಠ_ಠ

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Bluerang1:Please no specifics, I don't want level spoilers!
Two posters: Here, let me tell you their levels!
My face: ಠ_ಠ

*fixes*

Whoops, missed that haha. At least now he knows he's ready. XD

kelario26

PKMN Breeder
Years
I heard:

Bulbapedia said:
After listening to the story of the old woman on Route 7 and exiting the house, Tornadus or Thundurus will swoop down from the sky, make the weather more extreme, and then fly off.

I have tried this. There is only one house on Route 7 that I could find and it does have an old woman in it. However the only thing I can get out of her is what she is making for dinner. Is there some special requirement I must fulfill in order to get a story from her?

Please PM me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I heard:

I have tried this. There is only one house on Route 7 that I could find and it does have an old woman in it. However the only thing I can get out of her is what she is making for dinner. Is there some special requirement I must fulfill in order to get a story from her?

Please PM me.

Have you beat the main story yet? I think that's a requirement.

kelario26

PKMN Breeder
Years
Matter of fact, I have NOT beat the main story yet - I'm in Relic Castle with 7 badges, though if it was a requirement I'm sure Bulbapedia would have listed it. I'll try that though. Thanks.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Matter of fact, I have NOT beat the main story yet - I'm in Relic Castle with 7 badges, though if it was a requirement I'm sure Bulbapedia would have listed it. I'll try that though. Thanks.

You just need all eight badges and then it will start storming on Route 7, then the version-exclusive legendary (Tornadus in Black (I think) and Thundurus in White (again, I think...it might be the opposite way around...)) will appear after the old lady rapes tells you the story.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
So...should my Eeletrik know Thunderwave and Wild Charge or whatever other physical Electric move, or Acid Spray and Thunderbolt?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So...should my Eeletrik know Thunderwave and Wild Charge or whatever other physical Electric move, or Acid Spray and Thunderbolt?

To be quite honest, it's really a choice of what you think is better.

But I would go for Acid Spray and Thunderbolt, since they go well together with the sharp special defense lowering from Acid Spray.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Depends what you want to do really. If you want to take advantage of its physical stats, I'd go with Wild Charge. The recoil damage is worth it, can always give it a Leftovers if you want as well. I'd also make sure to teach it Coil to raise those physical stats as well. I would personally go with that. Though, I suppose Thunderbold & Acid Spray can work out just fine as well, but I don't think its really worth it.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
'Kay. Also, I read somewhere that the last Rocket grunt from HG/SS is in Icirrus City, but I haven't seen him. Where is he?

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
'Kay. Also, I read somewhere that the last Rocket grunt from HG/SS is in Icirrus City, but I haven't seen him. Where is he?

When you come out of Twist Mountain, just keep moving straight ahead, you'll see a house near the bottom of your screen that you can access. It's outside of Icirrus City and you can only access it during the Winter.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

"In the Winter, a mound of snow in the southern part of Icirrus City will allow you to reach the previously inaccessible Ex-Team Rocket Grunt's house."

Go south of the town, as far down as you can go, and just to the right of the windmill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back