• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inserting Titlescreen Logos into Fire Red.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Inserting Titlescreen logos into Fire Red.

What you would need:

• Your Fire Red Rom.
  • Photoshop (I use CS4, so it might be different for you)
  • unLZ-GBA
  • MS Paint.
  • Visual Boy Advance.
Method:

• Open your Fire Red ROM in Visual Boy Advance. Go to the titlescreen and wait for the Pokemon Logo to come up. (Excuse the Background, I was messing with it.)
2psq73o.png

• Go to the Pallete Viewer, and go to Save BG, and save it as a .act.
34fld2s.png

• Now, open unLZ-GBA and go to 2009, 256 colour mode and Black + White.
2lau2kp.png

• Export the image, and save it to whatever you want.
  • Open the image in Photoshop, then go to Image > Mode > Color Table.
  • Once a small box is up, click "Load", find your Pallete and load it.
eprs78.png

• You should see your image has normal colours, with a green transperant background.
  • Where the old Logo is, replace it with yours. Copy the image from paint, and paste it into Photoshop. The pasted image should turn indexed.

• Get rid of the white spaces around the pasted Logo with the paint bucket in Photoshop.
2cehxr5.png

• Once done that, go back to Image > Mode > Color Table and click the list, and hit Grayscale. Press OK.
15ebl8k.png

• Once you have done that, save it. Import it into unLZ-GBA. If your image is bigger, repoint it.
9sxn3k.png

• Done! This is what I ended up with:
2ltm22u.png

Fix it up a bit, and you'll be fine son. Add some backgrounds and other stuff, end up with something like this:

nbt4wz.png

Pokemon Shining Silver is lost... I lost it in a format. Sorry guys.

Thank you for looking. Hope this helped you. Feel free to ask any questions. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Will you update the tut with how to change the other stuff like bg and charizard?

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Thanks for your comments, guys. And maybe one day I might update it with how to change the Background and the Pokemon, but there are other tuts to do that too.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Thanks for your comments, guys. And maybe one day I might update it with how to change the Background and the Pokemon, but there are other tuts to do that too.
But this tut I could actually understand,so maybe you should make some other titlescreen tuts and beginning tuts because the other ones I saw dindnt make any sense to me.And how did you make the "Zircon" font and get it to blend in,because for me I put a text in from this word art prog. and the letters looked the same but when I grayscaled it,it got mixed up plus the titlescreen doesnt show up anymore,any suggestions?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Well,once again a thread that doesnt present all details on what to do!You fell to explain how to get the letters you want to insert match the palette from the original one,leaving it to look nasty in the game.I tried every step and the word I inserted had some nasty palettes.I wish someone would make a tut that explains everything!!!

Soul.

Years
cool tut! i already tried it out! it worked! im just wondering,how did you manage to put the "Pokemon"logo in the middle part.
Untitled-1.png

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Thanks for all of your comments, guys. Really appreciated ^^

Well,once again a thread that doesnt present all details on what to do!You fell to explain how to get the letters you want to insert match the palette from the original one,leaving it to look nasty in the game.I tried every step and the word I inserted had some nasty palettes.I wish someone would make a tut that explains everything!!!

Dude, it worked fine for me. Obviously you didn't do the steps properly. Did you change the mode back to Grayscale?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Thanks for all of your comments, guys. Really appreciated ^^

Dude, it worked fine for me. Obviously you didn't do the steps properly. Did you change the mode back to Grayscale?
Yeah I did but it turned the same color as the "POKEMON" logo not the gray part that it is supposed to be!!!It only works for me if I erase the version logo other than that the rom breaks when I skip the gamefreak intro,what I think is wrong is that you didn't explain how to make a logo and make the palette the same as the original,other than that everything else works fine,but all tuts leave out certain things.

LunaticHigh

N00b h4x0r
Years
Fix it up a bit, and you'll be fine son. Add some backgrounds and other stuff, end up with something like this:

Wanna write a tutorial on this? lolol :D

No but really, can you give me a brief idea on how you edited the background and location of the logo? Like what tools and such.

Thanks man, great tutorial :)

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
[/I]Wanna write a tutorial on this? lolol :D

No but really, can you give me a brief idea on how you edited the background and location of the logo? Like what tools and such.

Thanks man, great tutorial :)

You use a tilemap editor for the text location and load up the tilemap and text png. For the background I am going to release a tutorial soon ;)

Years
I save the palette as .act. Then when I load it, it's disappeared. I've repeated the process at least ten times and it's just disappearing. Could someone help me?

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
I save the palette as .act. Then when I load it, it's disappeared. I've repeated the process at least ten times and it's just disappearing. Could someone help me?

I know, it's pretty stupid. What I do is just save it as the act anyway or the pal, and change the extension to .act. :P

ThePastaThrower

...Is adding extra meatballs..
Years
Do you HAVE to have Photoshop? I have the Gimp but I didn't find any palette loading feature supporting .PAL or .ACT. Is there some kind of other free program that supports those palettes? Thanks in advance.

Alec_

Years
A great tutorials for Newbies. Goodwork on this Tutorial. It's a good one and a easy one.

~Fairytales.

Back