• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you still play games of the Fourth Generation?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'll continue to use all of my older games, so long as they work. I still play LeafGreen a lot, and that's several generations out of date, so I think I'll keep playing generation IV as well. I also still have a lot I want to do on HGSS, in particular, and I really love Johto (I would stilll play GSC a lot, if the batteries on all three games hadn't died), so that's definitely an incentive for me to stick with gen IV.

So far, I've noticed that the generation that's out has very little effect on which game(s) I play. When I have time to play games, I tend to alternate, and frequently prefer older games to newer ones, so I'll certainly continue to play gen IV.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Sure. I just follow my whims - if I'm in the mood for a particular game, I play it. I played Pearl for a while just last night.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2013
i like the 4th generations more than any generation.. i havnt played the 5th generation because in my opinion they dont look like anything...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It's likely. If I ever get my hands on a fourth generation game again since I cannot find my Pearl and Platinum. But I do have a Soul Silver that I am likely to still pick up from time to time. Just like how I used to occasionally pick up my Ruby version.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
Once 6th gen comes out we all will abandon them, YES EVERYONE WILL. But for how long is where answers begin to differ from one another. I will ditch them once it comes out until I have beaten it, more than likely. But I know for a fact I will play those games again since gen 4 was the first pokemon game I played that I could truly enjoy, now I don't want to go "nostalgia overload" on you guys so i'll keep it brief. Pearl is probably the second most beaten pokemon game I have played, (The first being emerald) and I haven't stopped playing sapphire, colosseum, or even the original red. I will probably stop playing them once they refuse to work or the internal battery dies, which will lead to a good week or two of sucking my thumb in the feetal position in the corner of my room with the lights out.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Often. I replay most of my Gen. 4 games mostly because I just love them so much. Great storyline, great characters - and of course, great Pokemon. I have too many memories with SoulSilver and Diamond/Platinum to stop. :)

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
Years
I'm replaying Platinum as we speak actually as I count down toward the new games, haha. I think I may keep playing as it was a favourite generation of mine

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Of course! In fact, make it all the DS games (including BW and their sequels). 4th gen had the single most important change in Pokémon history (Physical/Special split), gave all Pokémon tons of strong moves, balanced old Pokémon with cool new evolutions, and the world of Sinnoh is very nice to navigate.

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
I'm thinking of shelling out for platinum if I get a working DS soon. Love the 4th gen pokemon, and the games are real cheap now.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
If I had Platinum then possibly for the contests, but I don't. SoulSilver, which I do have, lacks the retro charm of the original second generation games, so playing that is even less likely than if I were to play Sapphire again.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I don't think I've ever ditched a generation of Pokemon completely. except gen1 I'm sorry ;~;
I always go back to play the Pokemon games I have at least once, especially when I've just finished a game from the current generation and want to relive the nostalgia. Also, like some of the other people here, I play through the older generation of Pokemon games when I'm awaiting the next release.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I still use my Diamond version as storage for all my pokemon from both four and third generation games.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
I still play my Yellow and Chrystal version, so I am pretty sure that fourth gen will not lose that many players.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
I didn't really like Diamond and Pearl much, but Soul Silver was great. I want my Pokemon to follow me all the time. :)

Still, I caught so many Pokemon in Soul Silver that I don't want to delete it. I want to play through it again though...AAAH!!!! WHAT DO I DO?!? ;___;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm still sitting here playing gen III games, and I and II. I'm not gonna skimp out on the 4th! It is my least favorite gen though, only because DP leave such a sour taste and Sinnoh is difficult to traverse. But I don't outright hate it. I love Platinum and HGSS and those three are enough to keep me going. Plus, I still gotta learn how to RNG in HGSS. ;3

Last edited:
Back