• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Just wanted to confirm something.

I'm using the newest version of the A-Map. I can't seem to save the city/town I make, thus I end up having to remake it.

Fix? Or rather, is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
Thanks man
Finally Found What i was finding.
a really big thanks to you.
if you know can you also please telll me about scripts and offsets and how to generate them.
thanx again even if you can't tell me about scripts and offsets
and thanx if you can tell

thanx again.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Hey, I'm having a problem with Advance Map right now.
I started editing Cerulean City, just adding trees and moving stuff around, and I went to another map to check something. I try to go back to the Cerulean City map, and I got an error:
Error (EConvertError) "" is an invalid integer

Anyone know what happened?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
Yeah umm.. My problem is this: I'm making a type of warp cave from petalburg to dewford and I have placed the warps correctly but when I try to go from petalburg to the cave it work right but going back the way I came sent me to a random house in dewford... And going into the.cave from dewford sends me to the entrance to the cave like I'm coming in from petalburg... Help plz!

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
In FR there is a World Map for the Sevii Islands. Is there anyway to replace that with the Sinnoh Regions World Map and then edit each individual Route using Advance Map 1.92? I don't care how much time it will take, I just want to know if it can be done.

If anyone else has accomplished this, please PM me how.
TweenyTodd

P.S. I am using Jambo's 649 patch so Advance Map 1.95 won't work.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
Why is it everyone avoid the one question: How do we change map names without it interfering / changing other existing map names?

----
Has no one yet mastered this or something? Surely, there must be a way..

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Surely, there must be a way..
There's always a way. Its just so RIDICULOUSLY hard to try and do it a different way than the *slightly less than perfect* way we already have.

But in this particular case, I don't think a way has been found.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Hey is it possible to use unknown maps? I'm hacking Fire red with a friend and I found some unknown maps in it. I thought it would be cool to use some of them because some look like they go together even though the maps are unfinished. I finish them and they look nice but I can't add warp, people and Pokémon to it. The entire buttons are not click able, but I can change the movement setting. I really don't want to remake the maps again (there are like 8 that I change/finish and they are pretty big) so if anybody know how to bypass this or some type of saving method I can use to keep my work and use it I'll be very grateful.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
i have recently started using this and i tried to set up a warp, i set the event, i made sure i had the map banks right, i have everything set properly, and i did put the tile set for a door, but when i load the game and i go through, instead of taking me where its supposed to go, the screen goes black and i cant do anything, although game music is still playing.

wat do?

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
I get this error when I click on route 102, I tried loading a different copy of my pokemon emerald and I don't get that error, what should I do?

erroryfa.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2013
I wish you could simplify it in some way... you see im making my first ever hack, and i want it to have a dream, which you battle deoxys, then wake up in your bed. Since i can't understand most of this, i'm not able to do that. can you explain it to me in a simpler way?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I wish you could simplify it in some way... you see im making my first ever hack, and i want it to have a dream, which you battle deoxys, then wake up in your bed. Since i can't understand most of this, i'm not able to do that. can you explain it to me in a simpler way?

Well basically this needs scripting but in order to fulfill that you need to have great tiles to so try inserting some new tiles. Try reading some Tile Inserting tutorials around pc and some scripting tutorials too and you should be able to make that dream in no time. :)

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Can I import maps through an easy way too?

Like: If I make a hack, and my friend helps me with mapping. Can he send me that map (from a different rom) and can it get implemented in my hack rom?

I just cant really seem to find it out.

Years
I've got a fairly basic question. I've tried to add cut trees and the rock smash rocks, and from my basic understanding I have to make these person events. I did that, with the right icon, but the sprites wont show up. I tried to copy the code for cut trees from somewhere else in the game (I'm using fire red) but it doesn't work. Any help would be great, thanks!

Years
How do you do warps for stairs that are going sideways?
I set it up like you do for going into a house and I even checked a place in the ROM where they did it and I set it up the same way
I put the warp a tile before the stairs and made the permissions for movement C

Any ideas?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
theres a bug i found when loading tilesets that i need help getting arround . . .

id load tilesets 0 and 1, and itll chop off the bottom 2 rows of tiles, it also chops of the bottom row of tiles when i use 12 and 20, makeing it so i cant use the bed when making my room... how do i fix this?

Back