• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Pokemon Platinum Version Retype Project! (COMMUNITY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
yes but how? I made the front one in Graphics Gale, but i cant remember the colours for the back one. How do i get the exact colours from the front one to the back one

copy some parts from that, and simply paste it. then you can pick the colours and recolour them.

and btw can i sit on hippos a bit(like for a week)? they need changes and i wanna work on them more. but i don't have too much time for that, please understand me :P

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Reserving Unown as a Normal-type. If i can't do it, i'll say it and someone else gets to do it XD

EDIT: Okay, it´s not gonna work. I can show what i had in mind though. Pic will be up in a moment.

Last edited:

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
TEnzJZ8.png

This is about what i had in mind for Normal-type Unown. I can't do them properly on my computer though, so if anyone wants to do them with this design, go ahead!

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Here it is Lickitung Ghost form front

View attachment 67518

feel free to change it, if it sucks

Hm, it could definitely benefit from some touching up, but not a bad concept! Do you mind if we hack the legs off it?

Also, on the subject of evolutions, I'll definitely come up with a means to make them work in a way that is fitting. I'm open to ideas though!

Last edited:

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
i'll take clefairy family, ill make them bug+flying.

FgyYCeO.png

tell me if you think something is wrong over there.

edit: note: i did every part in scratch

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
It looks fine but... I can't really tell what 'it' is. Lol iunno it's pretty cool though.
e: Okay I actually decided to look more and you didn't follow the instructions did you? There seems to be a lot of 'this isn't the right background color and therefor you can infer that the instructions weren't followed' involved here. I love the concept more the more I look at it but I couldn't convert it to a usable state without a gross loss of color information, as follows:
jmxR60H.png

Still, I'd love to see more from you. A friend who I consulted on the subject says that you could do a really good Eldritch Horror theme with this line. This Duskull screams Dark/Bug, and I know I said ease up on the dark types but hear me out. The Lucario line would honestly work very well as a Ground/Psychic line, since Anubis is a benevolent god of death and therefore the dark type wouldn't be all too fitting, since it's basically the 'Evil' type in Japanese. I want to take this Duskull thing to the logical extreme of how horrifying this bug could be.

Sorry about that, didn't quite realize I was making such a mistake. :/ I think its pretty cool too, and honestly I don't know what it is either. :P So you want the rest of the line to be Dark/Bug? I'll get started later today

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
i'll take clefairy family, ill make them bug+flying.

dnvrrgR.png

tell me if you think something is wrong over there.

edit: note: i did every part in scratch

I don't know what it is about this but it actually disturbs me greatly.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
mkay, we don't have to use it all. i am sad tho :(

It's not that it's bad. It's just... the design is so distressing for some reason. Though I would prefer not to have scratch sprites.

Last edited:
Years
Here's ice electabuzz:

ucthVN1.png
7KkKCdG.png

I feel like there's something weird about both the back sprite and the front sprite but I can't put my finger on it. All I know is it was much harder than elekid due to all those obnoxious stripes XD

lolIjustrealizeditlookskindoflikeasabertoothedtigerlol

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
uoLvRJB.png
>>>>
6MZoW1g.png

ok its done now. what do you think?

Looks solid, though I'll probably touch up the sludge a little bit to match the Grimer look a little more.

Here's ice electabuzz:

ucthVN1.png
7KkKCdG.png

I feel like there's something weird about both the back sprite and the front sprite but I can't put my finger on it. All I know is it was much harder than elekid due to all those obnoxious stripes XD

lolIjustrealizeditlookskindoflikeasabertoothedtigerlol

I have to say I think that there would be nothing wrong with Electabuzz being fluffier, since as an ice type it would exist in a harsh climate. I dunno it's probably fine as is honestly.

5CLB7Wt.png

nLNCBVF.png

Tried a Flying/Fighting Starly. I don't think it turned out too badly.

Last edited:

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Holy bananas. I don't know why, but that just looks legit. Do the backsprites too, and Sneasel, please. :) That would make my day.

Thank you, but I'll have to make your tomorrow because I'm too tired to work on it right now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back