• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I also agree. I just don't see the point of a bug gym. I think a Steel gym would be epic in Castelia.

I'm perfectly fine with a Bug-type Gym, just not Burgh. If he had a better look and a better team, I think I'd like him. Also, if he didn't have those stupid walls, I'd like that VERY much.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like Burgh to be situated in a less populated City, Castelia didn't really suit him IMO as he wasn't really a strong character compared to others. As it's been brought up a Steel type leader would really suit being in Castelia City with the structural designs etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I dislike Burgh too...why couldn't they get rid of him and keep Clay/Brycen, Triplets, or Lenora?
Oh well...hopefully they give him something like they did with Brycen to give him more of a role...

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Shizui's location has us all dumbfounded.

My only beef with Burgh is his English name. But always, I'd have like to see more interaction from his part but is artistic Bugness suits Castelia.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Well to date there are there new gyms and gymleaders.The first gym in the game is run by the character Cheren. After his journey in Unova two years previously, he has become a gym leader within the Unova region. Taking over the duties of Normal-type Leader from Lenora, Cheren seems to not battle inside a specific gym but battle outside. His team appears to be low levelled, with him having a Patrat.The first new gym we know about is the Poison-type Gym run by the Gym Leader Homika. This gym is set up similar to a music stage where Homika plays with her band. It is currently unknown what the puzzle will be.The next new gym we know about is the Water-type Gym run by the Gym Leader Shizui. The set up for this gym is not currently known but it appears to be a gym where you have to navigate the gym by using lilypads which move to the direction you enter them.One of the classic Gyms in Unova is the Mistralton City gym. This gym is shown to have a whole new puzzle which involves being blown around by wind over the air hangar. The old Gym Leader, Skyla is still the Gym Leader

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
I want to see Burgh change his appearance all together. Maybe his artistic vision has changed during those two years and now he and his gym look completely different.

Years

Good reasoning. I hope his gym is more of a maze like an ant farm now, or a better looking beehive.
An "Artistic" Gym? (*qouted from captollie) Now I'm thinking of the protagonists going through the random paint covered paintbrushes that replaced the last Gym's honey. Now instead of honey we will be covered in paint. The Gym's walls could be covered in paintings and we would need to click/press those in order to do something. That be neat if in the end our sprite would be multicolored and Burgh would compliment us on our "Artistic clothes". Ha!

blue

gucci
Years
If Skyla's gym has changed then I'm sure Burgh's will.. I can sympathise for those who had trouble with his gym spending too long stretching through those honey walls. Hopefully it will be similar to Bugy's gym in HGSS, I enjoyed that puzzle and design.

Years
Lol, that would be fun to go though ^_^. Maybe the guy at the begginning of the gym hands the player an umbrella and in the end you get an artistic looking umbrella.

Elesa's looks like catwalk in the animated trailer, and Homika's like a place where you practice your rock, and Skyla has airplane fans... So perhaps the gym leaders puzzles match their jobs (well except for Shizui unless he does something with frogs...)

Years
As a(n) (Key) Item? When would you use that? Maybe Burgh could auction that off for us and we get some money...
Who else has a random side line profession? Or the Gym could mimic the environment in where it's at.
Elesa's Gym was originally a roller coaster following Nimbassa's entertainment values. Now it's a catwalk? Don't tell me that we have to randomly battle Super Models to get to Elesa. Or that the Gym's home city is the home of modeling. Ugh. Same goes for the rest.

Years
Well Brycen is an Actor...it could be a backstage like place where we have to pull ropes to lift objects and set the scene to battle him...
Interestingly enough all the gym leaders who were replaced had their gym set up like their careers (restraunt for the triplets, museum for Lenora, and possibly miner owner for Clay...)

Years
Come to think about it weren't the beauties one of the classes that was missing from BW along with Bug catchers?
Perhaps all the models are dressed up the same as Elesa (like how the ninja's looked like Jasmine) and if you pick the wrong one they remove their outfit and battle you.

Years
Whoops, "Beauties", right. Or they could have made a new title for them.
Oh great a runway filled with Elesa look-a-likes. A dream or a nightmare for some. Or they could just screw it and put in a straight runway full of the Beauties.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh I like her new gym, looks nice. Not a fan of her having Flaafy though, when you consider her other two Pokemon seem kinda stronger than that. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh I have no doubt it will be, it just seems so very out of place when you consider general stats-wise strength. Wonder what happened to her old Emolga, though. lol.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Here's to hoping that she doesn't have more than one Emolga and the Volt Switch combo. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back