• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

migrating help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
hi hope someone can help i have a usa version of platinum and a eur version of soul silver at both pal park stages
completed everything i can find that needs doing i am trying to migrate from a usa version of ruby to platinum and eur version of leafgreen to ss but neither will give me a migrate option on either game on two seperats dslites. has anyone had the same problem and any solutuoins helpful please

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The GBA games are both legit, right? Meaning they're official copies and not bootlegs or anything. And you're sure you've unlocked the use of the Pal Park in both Platinum and SoulSilver?

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
yes unlocked everything for pal park as shown on about 10 wallkthroughs how do i know if there legit they play fine and save all fine with the usa and eur stamp thanks

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's hard to determine this, cause it seems like everything is fine and it doesn't seem like you're making any big mistakes, so that's why I'm trying to think of small things that you could be forgetting. You have the US Ruby/Platinum paired together, right? Double check and make sure you have the US versions together and the EUR versions together.

The only thing I can think of is if the GBA carts are fake or if you're just forgetting a tiny step within the DS games. I'm really at a loss here.

Your GBA games have official Nintendo seals right?

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
yes they are paired right

thanks anyway ive got some more gba games on the way so ill have to see if they are different. theres a nintendo seal on sticker and nintendo stamp on cartridges. i migh just have keep buyin the games until one works

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Perhaps someone else will reply to this and can think about something that I'm not considering, haha. But if you buy GBA games from ebay, be wary that often times, they're fake, and those won't work with migrating to gen IV.

Sirfetch’d

I don't know if this would affect the first migration, but have you tinkered with your clock on the ds? You can only migrate once every 24 hours, but since this is your first(i am assuming) I am a little lost as to why you wouldn't be able to migrate. And this may be a dumb question but you said that you are trying on 2 seperate DS's right? I just waned to know if you are trying to migrate wirelessly, because you cant do that. Those are the only things that I can think of. Good luck I hope you figure this out because this really stinks if it doesn't.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't know if this would affect the first migration, but have you tinkered with your clock on the ds? You can only migrate once every 24 hours, but since this is your first(i am assuming) I am a little lost as to why you wouldn't be able to migrate. And this may be a dumb question but you said that you are trying on 2 seperate DS's right? I just waned to know if you are trying to migrate wirelessly, because you cant do that. Those are the only things that I can think of. Good luck I hope you figure this out because this really stinks if it doesn't.

HGSS doesn't do the time sync though, but I haven't migrated using Platinum in so long that I can't remember if the same holds true for it. But I'm certain that can't be the problem for the EUR LG and SS since it doesn't make the DS and GBA clock sync times and if it does, I know it will let you migrate regardless.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
There is nothing in the coding that differentiates an EUR version from an US version, so you should be able to migrate from EUR to US no problem (and vice versa.)

The only reason I can see for it not working would be that the GBA games are bootlegs.
But then, their save files would most likely get erased as soon as you booted up the Gen IV game with the bootleg in Slot-2, so that's also unlikely.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
I've done a bit of research and I think there copy's the scumbags thanks for the replies ah well can anyone help me then wit legit fire red and legit emerald I'm I'm northwest uk thanks again

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, you probably don't need to be giving out your location. Anyway, since this has been sorted, I'll lock it.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back