• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you despise facing?

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I particularly hate Snorlax, as its ability to tank most things thrown at it and either Rest or Body Slam in your face is, to be honest, relatively infuriating. Heracross is also quite irritating, but if you switch in a Fire-type on Choice-locked Megahorn, I guess you can deal with it.

The only reason I am including Dusclops on this list is because it is so incredibly bad and I question the intelligence of my opponent whenever I see it. Seriously, it's a wannabe wall let down by its dismal HP stat and poor means of HP recovery; why is it still being 'championed' as a wall?

Jomu

center of the stage
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2013
Gotta agree with Molk here and say that Alomomola is a pain in the freaking butt to get rid off on the physical side. Its WishPassing capabilities are also pretty annoying to handle.

Liepard also ruins everything I do. Oh, my Ludicolo had just set up a Rain Dance, my opponent has low-HP Regirock, mid-HP Serperior, and Liepard, prepare to get swe-WRONG! Prankster Thunder Wave from Liepard stops that, and Parafusion hax begins :|

WAIT! The list doesn't end there: any fast hazard setters like Froslass or Scolipede are pretty annoying to handle, especially when you don't have a spinner because Spikes is really crazy hard to get rid off for some reason.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Seismitoad in NU lately. :( Um, also, like Jynx. In NU it's just... what IS it running etc. Do I lose a mon? Will it set up? Will I die?

Oh and Liepard because it sux :)

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Wait, when did Liepard become a serious threat? I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not.

The banes of my existance are metagross and scizor. Can't stand those stab bullet punches.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Prankster anything with crippling moves tend to be a threat. How else did Thundurus get banned to ubers? lol

I hate Cresselia oh so much. It's either crippling me or playing Trick Room or laughing off damage with Recover and by the time I figure out which set it's running, oh too late.

Years
Latios/Latias are the cheapest sh*t ever. As a matter of fact I'm rage delaying against a random wifi guy who used one right now.

I'm just sitting and not clicking anything at all, cause you know, screw this guy & his latios

Maybe he'll just forfeit or something if I do nothing and soak up the max timer on every decision lol

Edit : OOOH my Empoleon PWNED his whole team! YAY! ALL HAIL EMPOLEON!

totally agree with this guy. i played a bit of wifi when i got black, but was almost imediately put off because EVERYONE uses the same pokemon! cresselia, latios, thundurus, terakkeon, salamence, tyranitar, im so sick of people just training psudo and minor legendary pokemon, just because of their stats. i always train my favorite pokemon, i see a sprite and look at their strengths and weaknesses, abilities and attacks, and i build a team that i love. it annoys me so much when people just pick whatever legendaries they can get away with, just because of their stats. i dont mind if i get beaten by a team ive never seen before, and they utterly annihilate me, but when i meet a trainer who mindlessly attacks with tyranitar and cresselia, i really feel like just switching off, in an attempt to deny them a victory point they werent creative enough to earn

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I hate Pokemon that are incredibly overused. Like the genies, Cresselia and Politoed. I also hate making sure that I have multiple Pokemon that can soak Dragon Gem'd meteors from Latios on every team.

On Smogon/PO and such I don't really hate any Pokemon since I play in lower tiers and teams are diverse.

Years
Personally, I hate Toxic/Taunt/Recover Sableye. Prankster is such a good ability, and having no type weaknesses with it is just unfair. So, I decided to get one of my own... it's been very sucessful.

Back