• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: TM/HM Editor

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015

TM/HM Editor

Introduction

Yo, Pokecommunity! This is my first tool, written in VB.NET!
It supports all Advance ROMs in german and english and is made
for editing TM/HM values (supports all attacks) and their descriptions.
Descriptions yet bug a bit, so make sure to click the backup-button before
editing anything at the description editor. However, it'd be nice
if you report any bugs or if you suggest new features! =)

Features

- Supports all Advance ROMs for (D) and (E)
- Define all possible attacks for 50 TM's and 8 VM's
- Change Description of TM's (works perfectly on FR yet)
- Make backups whenever you want

There is no function for own freespace-searching yet,
you have to use FSF and manuelly insert the offset.. (every char = 1 byte)

Images

Spoiler:

Download

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109327839/HACKTOOLS_INETSUPPORT/TM_VM Editor.zipVersion 1.0
Version 2.0

*.NET Framework 4.5 is required

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Nice job. :)
If I may make a suggestion, maybe you could make a function in a later version that can make all TMs reuseable? There was a post recently in the Quick Research and Development thread that said how to do that if I recall correctly.

But anyway, nice tool. I think I'll try it out. :)

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Thanks for this request.
I have implemented it for all ROMs, so this feature will be in the next version! :)

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015

TM/HM Editor 2.0

Update

Hey again ;) I was motivated enough to add some new features.
The TM/HM Editor is now almost complete and only needs
some rest of features, requested by users =)
It now contains a FreeSpaceFinder as well as a dec/hex/bin/oct-calculator!
But I also added the function of endless TMs like in B/W!

Images

Spoiler:

Download

*.NET Framework 4.5 is required

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Here's a question: is the editor compatible with changes to the moves in game? I'm a beginner hacker, but I'm hoping to include in my hack custom moves for each Gym Leader. From what I've seen in tutorials on adding new moves, I'll need to copy all of the existing moves, add a few more/edit existing ones, and repoint everything. Now, I don't know a thing about making editing programs, so I don't know if programs like yours are generally compatible with that. Any idea?

As an example (but mostly to share my ideas), the Grass-type Gym Leader in my hack gives the TM for Ivy Garrotte, which functions like a combination of Fake Out and Wrap. If I insert Ivy Garrotte, does your TM/HM editor stand a chance of recognizing Ivy Garrotte?

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
The moves in my TM/HM editor are only standard ones.
But if you aded new moves, you can easily change the TMs by inserting the new number of your move via hex-editor.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
The moves in my TM/HM editor are only standard ones.
But if you added new moves, you can easily change the TMs by inserting the new number of your move via hex-editor.

Thanks. Good to know. I'm still getting a feel for compatibility between different tools. I know I was pleasantly surprised when I learned that AdvanceMap, PET, and Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor all recognized changes I made in YAPE. I did not expect that.

Years
Yay another tool :D

may i suggest a feature? i think you should add an interface where you can edit what pokemon can learn that TM, like those TM/HM editor in gen 2(i forgot who is the maker)

i know such thing can be done in YAPE, PGE and such, and it makes you to rebuild the whole program(maybe?), but i think its easier that way :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Great! Nice job! :D
I'm also looking on how to extend TMs (from 50 to 95). Anyone knows?

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
I cant seem to get the endless usage of tms working with this tool :/

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
You know I once did colors like this: [color/blue]w[/color][color/green]o[/color][color/yellow]r[/color][color/orange]d[/color], and it looked like this= word. And it was like 5 lines long. THIS has a BUTTON for that. Also does this come for mac?

Back