• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your childhood games

TY

What games did you play in your childhood? Why did you play them and what about them made you like those games or even dislike them, cause we all had games we just disliked in our childhoods aswell, no?

Discuss :3

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Oh, time to talk about my life of games xD. Pardon for not much content, my memory barely keeps up with me now.

Need for Speed Underground all the way to Carbon..my primary racing games :3 It's just fun to create your own car, then own the streets!

Uhh...what else...oh, Sonic Heroes! This game was a classic for me, hours spent getting A ranks everywhere :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, they would have to be Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Banjo-Kazooie, Star Fox 64, and F-Zero. Whenever I think about these games, they instantly remind me of my childhood. I used to play 'em all the time when I was a kid. xD There are plenty of other games, but for now, these are all that I can remember. I didn't dislike any of them, to be honest; I loved them all!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well, until I was about nine all I had for video games was my grandparents' SNES. My brother and I basically only played Super Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong Country 2, Mortal Kombat, Top Gear 2, and Megaman 7. He was a lot better at like all of them than I was except for Top Gear 2 and DKC 2, where we were pretty much equally atrocious.

I didn't like Mortal Kombat because a) I was bad at it, b) it was very violent, and c) I didn't get it. I was fairly neutral about Megaman 7- again, didn't get it and wasn't any good at it, but it was more colorful and interesting. I usually just watched my brother play that. We played Top Gear 2 in tournament-style competitions against our cousins, but it wasn't that interesting as a game lol. DKC2 and All-Stars were the ones we really played; we both sucked at the former but really enjoyed it lmao. The music was great and everything was cool-looking and the mechanics were interesting. For the latter... I was always better at Lost Levels and SMB3 (though we usually played that on two-player and that's a cooperative effort). My brother was better at SMB, and neither of us could ever figure out SMB2. So we liked everything but that one, because who doesn't like Mario?

My brother and I always played together on that system so we never really got into the RPGs and other miscellaneous games our uncle and grandpa had collected for it. Dad and Grandma and Grandpa were pretty consistent about taking away our playing privileges if we got angry at each other over the game or frustrated to the point of yelling, so we got better at teamwork and having fun with it despite failing pretty spectacularly. Those experiences taught us pretty good lessons about how to approach video games, I think.

maybe I'll come back later and talk about when we got a GBA lmao

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
Too many to name...

• Wolfenstein 3D
  • SimAnt
  • SimCity
  • SimCopter
  • Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty
  • Doom series
  • I.M.Meen (though FPS, but it's a "kids" game)
  • Shadowcaster (one word)
  • Vectorman
  • Descent series (Descent 1, Descent 2, Descent 3, Descent Freespace, Descent Freespace 2)
  • Grand Theft Auto (very first one)
  • Quake 1 and 2 (never played the other ones)
  • Total Annihilation
  • Worms 2
  • Warcraft II
  • StarCraft
  • Freelancer
(I know I missed a lot more...but it's what's from the top of my head.)

Years
Very first game I ever got into was Crazy Arcade, which is bascially a multi-player Bomberman. I've also played Maplestory with my friends as well.

Moving into a more familiar territory, I really enjoyed playing Super Smash Bros. Melee when I visited US from Korea in 2003 with a friend I made there. I also played some SNES games like Super Mario World and Link to the Past, but there were also some lows as well, absolute low being the infamous Superman 64 game, which was so bad, it still haunts me to this day.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
There is a megaton of games that I played in my childhood, so there is too many to name here. I will choose the best 5 that I did play:
Bubble Bobble (C64), Sonic (Master System), James Pond 2&3 (Genesis), Puggsy (Genesis) and High Seas Havoc (Genesis)
The reason I liked these games is because of watching my Da play them, so I decided to play them after he was done.

Years
I remember owning quite a library on the original PlayStation. FFVIII was a cool game alongside Metal Gear Solid.

Years
I don't know exactly when I'd place the cut-off date, but I remember spending a lot of my childhood playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Taz-Mania, Monopoly and NHL 95-97 on the Sega Genesis, Pokemon Gold on the Gameboy Color, and MLB 99 on the original Playstation.

And though I don't own my original Genesis console anymore, I still find myself playing both NHL 96 and Sonic 2 on emulators, which just shows how much fun I had (and am continuing to have) playing them.

TY

Oh crap i thought i stated my childhood gaming life... yet i didnt... kill me now plz xD

It all started when my dad introduced me to a game named Red Alert. I started to know the game and we played some LAN matches against each other, him thinking he would beat a little kid, however, he got humiliated by me. Then i moved over to, imo the best RTS game ever, Tiberian Sun. I played this game so much that i never had time for friends. But soon i stopped playing on PC when i got a PS2, then i played tons of Ratchet and Clank and Need for Speed games. I also played a game named Spore on PC which used to be fun, but it got boring pretty fast. I still play a lot of games from my childhood and i still enjoy them :3

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
When i was small video game was more like a fantasy to me, but my dad bought still bought it for me (second hand) when i was 15. Duck hunt, contra, baseball, spartan, tank. This were the games i had access too. I know they kinda suck but for me i enjoyed it a lot

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
My childhood games (the ones I can still remember haha) are:

- Crash Bandicoot series
- Spyro The Dragon series
- Yugioh: Duelist of the Roses
- Abe's Oddysee: Oddworld
- Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Monsters Inc.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I'm only 16 but hell i have lots of games!

Killer instinct (on the 64),mortal kombat (arcade), some mario even though i hate everything about mario (let the hate flow guys), i think i played zelda and pokemon yellow, god it reminded me of how much i hate Pikachu.

Reactions: T!M

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
When I was really little, we had a NES so I played Super Mario Bros 1,2,3, and this game called tiger heli. such a fun game.

Then we got a playstation 1. Spyro, and crash became my life. Also this rugrats game where you had to find these reptar puzzle pieces. That was my favorite game.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I'm only 16 but hell i have lots of games!

Killer instinct (on the 64),mortal kombat (arcade), some mario even though [S-HIGHLIGHT]i hate everything about mario[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (let the hate flow guys), i think i played zelda and pokemon yellow, god it reminded me of how much i hate Pikachu.

There exists another?

Welcome to the minority club, lol.

Let's hate that Italian cliche... together.

Years
I played Super Mario Bros, Contra, Bomberman, Adventure Island, Castlevania, Excitebike and a lot of other NES games.
My first PC game was Wolf 3D.
And Snake 2 and Space Impact on phone.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I can't number any much game that I played when I was a kid, but one of the games that I remember enjoy playing was Pocket Monsters (one of the NES bootleg game), I enjoyed playing as Pikachu while moving around and zaps or stomp the enemies. And one of the most memorable besides of that are Tetris, and Track and Field.

Years
I remember playing many games as a child!
But the ones I want to list out are:
Definitely Kingdom Hearts! I MEAN WYNAUT?
Final Fantasy
Bomberman
Sonic the Hedgehog
Combat Arms
Legend of Zelda
AND
EREMRAL:FKDJALSKDJASLKDJ ERMGERD Pokemon Red, Yellow, Gold, Emerald

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
When I was a kid I would play any game that I could get my hands on, and still do. I remember playing Pokemon Stadium 64 and Pokemon Puzzle League the most as a child, being 3 or 4 that is.

Back