• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Star Wars Movie?

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
Years
A New Hope.

Simply because, it's one of my all time favorite movies that I've seen over and over again and know the lines like the back of my hand. Also, it was the very first one and I think that 25% of the world can relate to it. :D

It's just that freaking awesome. :P

I also have Empires Strikes Back up there, but New hope is just freaking legendary.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Whichever the one with the Hoth battle is, Empire Strikes Back I think.
I, unlike some 99% of the population of this world, was never enthralled by the story and simply enjoyed the short-lived (although also awkward, the way they often all stand around hipfiring is strange) battle scenes.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Um... A New Hope is the only one I've seen...

Years
The Revenge of the Sith
The Return of the Jedi

The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (my childhood hero x3)

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
You gotta love General Griveous and Anakin's fall to the dark side. Definitely one of my favourite movies. The battle on Utapau was terrific. It ended with General Griveous dying but it was cool the way he fought Obi Wan with four arms. Also, when Anakin was confronted by Obi Wan near the end. That was epic FTW. Another one would be the Jedi extermination campaign.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
My favourtie is episode V .It is legendary (gah I dont like this generic emoticon here xD)

Ya gotta love A New Hope, Empire strikes back & return of the Jedi!!! I liked them better than the new ones tbh.
Me too. The OOT FTW :)I have the OOT on DVD :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
ANY but the new ones. The only thing that makes up for George Lucas's s**t version of Ewoks is Ewan McGregor's eyes and facial hair.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are the best and my favourites. Empire takes the crown though.

Jedi is watchable....and then it went downhill

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Revenge of the Sith. It's the only one I watched in the cinema and it was awesome being with my friends, as they were really, really hyped up about it. Also, the day after I saw it my cousins and I had a massive lightsaber fight (which resulted in one broken finger, good times). The other movies are good, but RotS is the only one I can really relate to.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
Revenge of the Sith.

Funny, I find that the episodes got progressively better. 4 being the least favourite, then 5 then 6, then 1 then 2 then finally 3.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I, for one, would never refer to the film "Star Wars" as "A New Hope." It was originally published as "Star Wars," without a subtitle, so that's what I'm going to call it.

My favorite would have to be "The Empire Strikes Back." The original may be a legend, but I think the more dramatic tone in "Empire" was a great change.

As for the prequel films, I have two words: crap acting. I swear, Hayden Christensen has the emotional range of a two by four. He wasn't even as expressive as R2-D2, for crying out loud. The only good one out of the prequels was "Revenge of the Sith," which I actually thought was better than "Return of the Jedi." Not even Hayden Christensen could ruin the awesomeness of episode III.

If I had to rank them from best to worst:

V
IV
III
VI
I
II

Back