• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Maybe we should approach this differently:
Hey there Ace! ^_^
When brokenxnote was talking about the anatomy, I think he meant that the picture looks too flat and well, unbalanced let's say. It's hard for me to explain.
Also I do agree that the ice shards don't look like ice, I thought they were scales till I read the comments. I assumed the circles on the legs were spikes since the legs also had 2 pairs of spikes sticking outwards.
In words it's reaaally hard for me to point things out, especially since it's about anatomy, all I can say that it looks flat and unbalanced. My vocabulary is limited when it comes down to critiques. xD
Moving on...
Since I can't explain it in words I just did a quick sketch of your Cryozard.
picture.php

Sorry for the low quality, my computer has gone bonkers and is sleeping in the rehabilitation center, so I had to use motion eye for this but anyways.
I'm assuming this is pretty much Cryozard? I dunno, it's your concept, but I tried to make it look as close to the original as possible so you could use this to help or something. Anyways.

Here're the rules I always stuck to when I first started drawing:
Pokemon are polygons.
Use guidelines to draw arms - circles to draw the body, something like this:
picture.php

You can see there are a lot of circles joined by lines. If you do this, your fakemon will look more, let's say natural. ^_^
The lines don't have to all be exactly the same length for both arms, but pretty much close to each other. It all comes down to perspective, and as you practise, it'll come naturally, so like brokenxnote said: practise, practise, practise! ('''\(=^.^=)/''')
I hope this kinda helped.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Maybe we should approach this differently:
Hey there Ace! ^_^
When brokenxnote was talking about the anatomy, I think he meant that the picture looks too flat and well, unbalanced let's say. It's hard for me to explain.
Also I do agree that the ice shards don't look like ice, I thought they were scales till I read the comments. I assumed the circles on the legs were spikes since the legs also had 2 pairs of spikes sticking outwards.
In words it's reaaally hard for me to point things out, especially since it's about anatomy, all I can say that it looks flat and unbalanced. My vocabulary is limited when it comes down to critiques. xD
Moving on...
Since I can't explain it in words I just did a quick sketch of your Cryozard.
picture.php

Sorry for the low quality, my computer has gone bonkers and is sleeping in the rehabilitation center, so I had to use motion eye for this but anyways.
I'm assuming this is pretty much Cryozard? I dunno, it's your concept, but I tried to make it look as close to the original as possible so you could use this to help or something. Anyways.

Here're the rules I always stuck to when I first started drawing:
Pokemon are polygons.
Use guidelines to draw arms - circles to draw the body, something like this:
picture.php

You can see there are a lot of circles joined by lines. If you do this, your fakemon will look more, let's say natural. ^_^
The lines don't have to all be exactly the same length for both arms, but pretty much close to each other. It all comes down to perspective, and as you practise, it'll come naturally, so like brokenxnote said: practise, practise, practise! ('''\(=^.^=)/''')
I hope this kinda helped.

Haha, thanks for the backup. I was thinking about re-drawing it to show what I meant, but now I don't have to 8D LMAO xD. And seriously, your style is starting to look REALLY close to Sugimori on certain drawings o_O. Some Fakemon, not really, but for a lot of em, they look really close.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Who made that sprite? That's definitely not from a screenshot.
Also your team section, When did concept and countryemo state they were on the team? Also didn't Carmaniac leave this game? Credits is not equal to team, if someone isn't actively on the team they are on the credits list. Also I don't believe you made the titleset and can't find credits for it.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Actually i went over a jpg screenshot ad made the backsprite. concept yes he is on the team countryemo dunno whe i put that there. and carmaniac is still on the team he's just taking the rest of the summer off so he can work on Hat of sun and i nver said i made the tile set neo-sprite man compiled it.
Pichuichu: im using Neo-spritemans HGSS tilesets.
wow that is a breath ful.

tnguye3

Years
Okey dokey, here're the fire bunnies you asked for:

picture.php

Currently called Firabbit - AceDragon is a good namer, he'll prolly come up with a better name, I'm counting on ya Ace! xD
EDIT: Okay, the official name now is: Harepyro

picture.php

Currently called Rabbiflare - You can keep it or change it, but it sounds veeery similar to another bunny (ice bunny) fakemon I made called Rabbifrost...hope ya don't mind, and if you do - change the name.
EDIT: Official name for this guy: Rabblaze

EDIT: Thank you Ace for the awesome names! xD
Wasn't sure if the sprites were supposed to be 64x64 or 80x80 but I did them in 80x80 format since Ace's first sprite was in 80x80 format, so yah!

Hope they're okay.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
wow I didn't know you could sprite that well (well I knew you could draw..but)
Were those done in Paint.net?

tnguye3

Years
wow I didn't know you could sprite that well (well I knew you could draw..but)
Were those done in Paint.net?
Haha, cause I was never able to sprite well when I worked in Pokemon Opal (Still working, just not seeing any progress there so I'm kinda demotivated). xD
Anyway, yeah - they were done in Paint.NET

Anyway, here're the Grass birds ya asked for (@ Pichuichu):

picture.php

Parrileaf...Ace - help me out here! xD

picture.php

Parrcopter...?
I really, really need help with the naming. xD
Haha, don't even know why it's called Parrcopter...Helicopter? xD

Anyway - hope ya like em - cause Parrcopter took me like 1 hour 30 mins.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
tnguy,Your Sprites are unbelievably awesome and vibrant.
If Your sprites take so long as you say they do,why not release a Dex of Pokemon for use by the community?Im sure that people would enjoy that.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
tnguy,Your Sprites are unbelievably awesome and vibrant.
If Your sprites take so long as you say they do,why not release a Dex of Pokemon for use by the community?Im sure that people would enjoy that.
Because he isn't a fool, he would never see credit for that work, and the community would not notice him, that's the reason why no one does that.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Because he isn't a fool, he would never see credit for that work, and the community would not notice him, that's the reason why no one does that.

I'd have to agree, also his dex would be in every new fan game being created and would get old really fast...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014

That...truly would be quite a terrible idea.

I think the only person who's EVER put Fakemon out for public use was Cascadegonpory, and they were ones he had no use for at all anymore anyway, and he STILL wanted credit. If tnguye put his up for public use HERE...have you SEEN what an unnerving chunk of our newly joined members sound like, or how they think? You know, those ones that never bothered to read the rules...or think logically. Poor tnguye would get absolutely no credit, and that's if he were lucky enough to not have someone TAKE credit...

He'd be better off making his own game or just being an official member of a design team and only releasing his Fakemon for use by teams that he's officially a member of. He's quite an up and coming talent in Fakemon and spriting, so it'd be pretty damn sad to see him release public fakes this early, having all kinds of work floating around being uploaded by other random people to God-knows where, and being used by God-knows-who.

Public Fakemon = no. Being a Fakemon artist myself, I can say I would never EVER do that, just because people rarely think about the artist actually wanting credit for something they put their hard work into.

EDIT: Oh crap, I off topic ranted...

ON TOPIC, I just re-read the storyline, and I know it says the story is only 30% done, but does your "best friend" actually have a REASON for telling your parents? I mean, considering the situation, it seems like a pretty...non-friendly thing to do, unless you meant to say your parents MAKE him tell them where you've gone. But from the way it's written, it sounds like the guy just runs back to town like "HEY, GUESS WHAT ______ DID! TEEHEE." lol. I hope he has a bit of a better reason than that lol.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
That...truly would be quite a terrible idea.

I think the only person who's EVER put Fakemon out for public use was Cascadegonpory, and they were ones he had no use for at all anymore anyway, and he STILL wanted credit. If tnguye put his up for public use HERE...have you SEEN what an unnerving chunk of our newly joined members sound like, or how they think? You know, those ones that never bothered to read the rules...or think logically. Poor tnguye would get absolutely no credit, and that's if he were lucky enough to not have someone TAKE credit...

He'd be better off making his own game or just being an official member of a design team and only releasing his Fakemon for use by teams that he's officially a member of. He's quite an up and coming talent in Fakemon and spriting, so it'd be pretty damn sad to see him release public fakes this early, having all kinds of work floating around being uploaded by other random people to God-knows where, and being used by God-knows-who.

Public Fakemon = no. Being a Fakemon artist myself, I can say I would never EVER do that, just because people rarely think about the artist actually wanting credit for something they put their hard work into.

EDIT: Oh crap, I off topic ranted...

ON TOPIC, I just re-read the storyline, and I know it says the story is only 30% done, but does your "best friend" actually have a REASON for telling your parents? I mean, considering the situation, it seems like a pretty...non-friendly thing to do, unless you meant to say your parents MAKE him tell them where you've gone. But from the way it's written, it sounds like the guy just runs back to town like "HEY, GUESS WHAT ______ DID! TEEHEE." lol. I hope he has a bit of a better reason than that lol.

Your best friend is one of those friends who looks out for you and cares for your safety, they're not a little snitching toddler lol. They tell your parents, since your parents can alert the ranger base and you can get found sooner. Your friend actually becomes your rival throughout the story. Although your Rival is a ranger, they have strong Pokemon, but no intentions of battling other than to get you to return home once they defeat you and you realize your mistake. Also Tnguye3 is part of the ND team and his fakemon/ the fakemon concepts he improves are not for public use (unless he wants them to be). Also I believe CascadeGonpory got pretty pissed.
CascadeGonpory's rant about fakemon askers, and thieves: http://cascadegonpory.deviantart.com/journal/27108307/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Your best friend is one of those friends who looks out for you and cares for your safety, they're not a little snitching toddler lol. They tell your parents, since your parents can alert the ranger base and you can get found sooner. Your friend actually becomes your rival throughout the story. Although your Rival is a ranger, they have strong Pokemon, but no intentions of battling other than to get you to return home once they defeat you and you realize your mistake. Also Tnguye3 is part of the ND team and his fakemon/ the fakemon concepts he improves are not for public use (unless he wants them to be). Also I believe CascadeGonpory got pretty pissed.
CascadeGonpory's rant about fakemon askers, and thieves: http://cascadegonpory.deviantart.com/journal/27108307/

Oh ok. It just seems kind of odd that he lets you go, then goes and tells on you. Plus, in this game, you seem to be the appropriate age to go out and be a trainer? So how is this a dangerous mistake? Returning you home would basically crush your dreams so...lol. Just seems like some parts of the plot may need to be clarified so the rival doesn't seem like a jerk lol.

And yes, that's exactly what I meant. Even after he put stuff out for the public, people still kept taking things that WEREN'T for public use, which pissed him off. But it'd piss off ANY artist to have that happen. That's why I think he may have been the only Fakemon artist to ever release a public set, unless it was a character adoption sort of thing, which only go to one person lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back