• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Name:¥ Xeberos
Starter: Blaziken
Reason for joining: I like Fire-type Pokémon very much because they are pretty awesome with their design and movepool. They are also very powerful Pokémon and they are great Pokémon against many types.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Name:¥ Xeberos
Starter: Blaziken
Reason for joining: I like Fire-type Pokémon very much because they are pretty awesome with their design and movepool. They are also very powerful Pokémon and they are great Pokémon against many types.

Welcome to FoF. Your starter, Blaziken, is the current Pokemon of the Week. You'll get bonus points for posting its pictures.

New topic of discussion-
Which Fire type Pokemon do you think are underrated or overrated?

I personally think Charizard is a little overrated. As its health gets halved by Stealth rocks, Solar Power was a pretty bad ability for it. The other Fire starters now have much nicer abilities to boot.

Victini is definitely the epitome of underrated-ness. It has good stats and a few very strong moves. Its only drawback maybe its typing and predictability.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Welcome to FoF. Your starter, Blaziken, is the current Pokemon of the Week. You'll get bonus points for posting its pictures.

New topic of discussion-
Which Fire type Pokemon do you think are underrated or overrated?

Thank youuu. ^^

Well I think Ho-Oh is little overrated. Off course it is legendary Pokémon but it doesn't have good movepool if you catch it on Soul Silver and it is pretty easy to knock out.

And underrated Pokémon is Ponyta. Ponyta has pretty good moves actually and especially it's second and final evolution is powerful.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
☼According to you, which is the strongest Fire type Pokemon?

I'd say Reshiram. It gets perfect coverage with its Fire/Dragon dual STAB and Turboblaze (to get rid of Flash Fire Heatran). It has a sky high special attack stat. It has a 130 power STAB moves with no drawbacks. What more do you want?

☼Which Fire type legendary do you like the most?

I really like Victini, the cute-looking powerhouse.

☼Which is your favourite Fire type move?

Hmmm, I'd say V-Create. It has a base power of 180 and without it Victini wouldn't be half the Pokemon it is.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
☼Which is your favourite Fire type move?
I like Flamethrower. It never misses!And sometimes it causes Burning, too.

☼Who is your favourite Fire type Gym Leader?
Blaine!

☼According to you, which Fire type has the best shiny sprite?
229.png
78.png
38.png
6.png
609.png

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
☼According to you, which Fire type has the best shiny sprite?
78.png

Wow, I never really noticed Rapidash's shiny sprite. It looks really beautiful. The flaming mane now looks like smoke. Well done, Game Freak! Now please change Dragonite's shiny sprite...

joelzio123

LucarioBeast
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Name- Joel
Starter- FistBurn the Infernape
Reason for joining-I"ve loved fire pokemon starters since the first gen!

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Hello Joel! Welcome to the club unless Sayan has got some grudge against you for whatever reason and won't let you join.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Name- Joel
Starter- FistBurn the Infernape
Reason for joining-I"ve loved fire pokemon starters since the first gen!

Hello, Joel! Welcome to the FoF. I've sent you a PM to answer your question, but don't post such questions in the club threads.

Hello Joel! Welcome to the club unless Sayan has got some grudge against you for whatever reason and won't let you join.

Fortunately for Joel, I don't have any grudge against him, otherwise he would've woke up very confused in Cuba (a cookie if you get the reference).

So, is anyone going to submit userbars? Otherwise I'd have to make one myself and bag the 100 points.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
In my opinion, Rapidash's shiny sprite isn't that beautiful. I find it's non-shiny sprite to be much more lively and by reducing the colour and vibrant aesthetic appeal of its flames really detracts from its overall appearance. :< I would've thought perhaps a blue or a yellow alternation would be much better suited.

Years
Yeah the sliver flames make it seem Fire/Ghost type.
Blue flames would have been interesting but the unoriginal because everyone thinks opposite of red flame would be blue.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I think it looks pretty amazing! Someone has offered me a shiny Rapidash on Negotiations before, but in the end he/she stopped communications. But that's beside the point. I personally think that the silver flames make Rapidash look outstanding.

I don't like Chandelure's shiny form much. It loses the ghostly look and just becomes a lantern...

Blaziken's isn't that hot either. Blaziken's just gets darker and that makes it look... weird...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yeah, I don't like shiny versions that alter the Pokemon's 'lightness' like chansey or blissey. :< I find them boring, and simply uncreative. I would've preferred a normal one tbh; same goes for eevee, just makes it look all wishy-washy. :/

joelzio123

LucarioBeast
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
I think that Ninetales shiny form is pretty cool! Because it looks like a ghost version :P

Hey! Do you guys think Blaziken is an Uber pokemon??

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I've seen people go gaga over shiny Charizard, but I don't like it that much. I think the shiny versions of some Pokemon with flaming features should have blue flames. Just imagine, how cool would a blue flame Arcanine look!

@Curious- I agree, the shiny Rapidash does lose some of its brightness. But I find it more than makes up for that with its increased elegance and laid-back appearance. To each his own, I guess.

@the user with an unpronunciable username- Sorry for that, I'll fix it now. PM or VM me for these type of complaints or errors instead of posting them here.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I've seen people go gaga over shiny Charizard, but I don't like it that much. I think the shiny versions of some Pokemon with flaming features should have blue flames. Just imagine, how cool would a blue flame Arcanine look!

@Curious- I agree, the shiny Rapidash does lose some of its brightness. But I find it more than makes up for that with its increased elegance and laid-back appearance. To each his own, I guess.

@the user with an unpronunciable username- Sorry for that, I'll fix it now. PM or VM me for these type of complaints or errors instead of posting them here.
Ninetales has always been one of my favorites and the Shiny form is an even better version! :)

Charizard isn't that great and I think its Shiny form is...overrated? To many like it for my taste.

I find the Fire type Pokemon, maybe tied with the Grass type, the most disappointing in comparing the Original vs Shiny colorings. That's just my 3rd degree.

Years
I like the shiny forms of the fire types that give them more powerful appearances like Charizard, Rapidash even Typhlosion.

Blaziken doesn't give off that appeal

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Here're some of my favorite pics of Victini, the current PotW.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back