• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cornered! ~ Ace Attorney Club

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I honestly don't know how to feel about the Ace Attorney v Professor Layton game. It doesn't seem like puzzles and lawyers mix well together. I mean, so long as they throw Gumshoe in it should be fine, but idk.

I doubt they'll throw Gumshoe in though; Phoenix and Maya went on a trip abroad, y'know. But... maybe he'll show up for the sake of investigating? Who knows! But I think it'll be more Phoenix-style because of the courts and such. Layton might be there just to tie up a few loose ends and solve mysteries.

By the way, here's the official box art (it's a little big):
Spoiler:

Actually there is something I've been meaning to ask. Regarding GS5, what are some of the things you're looking for in this game? Innovative gameplay, anything about Apollo, Trucy etc.

I do hope Apollo and Trucy will have some kind of cameo. Then again, it's still sort of unclear on what this game's main plot will be yet, so, I can only hope that it'll be something that has to do with Apollo and Trucy, but we'll see. I hope that the Magatama and Bracelet will be back, and... other than that? Not much - I prefer ~this~ style of Ace Attorney, without the overworld sprites from Ace Attorney Investigations. (but AAI is still good).

Miiiind if I throw in a question?
What are your favourite quotes?

Mine is this one right here:

i5x1lf.jpg

Last edited:

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
I just hope this Ace Attorney 5 isn't simply a game that will bridge the gap between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice. As much as I loved Apollo Justice, I would really like to see more Phoenix after this game as well. But anyway, Ace Attorney 6 will be a long while from now. I'm just glad to see Wright back.

As for a favorite quote...I wish I could choose one, but it's been so long since I played the game. :< Although the judge had to be the funniest character in the game, in my opinion.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I just hope this Ace Attorney 5 isn't simply a game that will bridge the gap between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice. As much as I loved Apollo Justice, I would really like to see more Phoenix after this game as well. But anyway, Ace Attorney 6 will be a long while from now. I'm just glad to see Wright back.

As for a favorite quote...I wish I could choose one, but it's been so long since I played the game. :< Although the judge had to be the funniest character in the game, in my opinion.
I'm hoping the game acts somewhat like the first one did, having some sort of hidden cliffhanger or something, maybe starting something up with Kokone's past. I kinda want to see Franziska again, so hoping she appears in it.

As for favourite quotes, "Look, a ladder!" will always be one of my favourites because let's face it, you have to bear with the cultural differences and all. I did like how they swapped it around with Apollo Justice, and Trucy saying how it's a step-ladder instead. Also all of the panty jokes in AJ, with one being something like "The courtroom were more focused on the panties than the case" or something like this, and I also found this which I found to be quite funny.

tumblr_mbf7ck791L1rop67ko1_400.png

No, it obviously fell from the bottom of the airplane you caught in that case with boobies and borginians.

If I had to go with coolness factor or anything, Klavier takes that one. "Achtung, baby! Today we play it my way."

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
I just got a ticket for the Ace Attorney movie <3

Never expected watch it in a cinema in my country, it's rare to get things like that here..
but next week there is a movie festival and when I noticed that this movie will be there..
I was sooo happy and had to get a ticket @.@

Of course, going with a friend that is also an Ace Attorney fan!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I watched the Ace Attorney movie today, and I kinda liked it. In the middle it was kinda boring, but the hairstyles made up for it.

The extras in the court looked like people of Panem

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
I just got a ticket for the Ace Attorney movie <3

Woo. Lucky you! Hope you enjoy it. :>

Alternative said:
I'm hoping the game acts somewhat like the first one did, having some sort of hidden cliffhanger or something, maybe starting something up with Kokone's past. I kinda want to see Franziska again, so hoping she appears in it.

Yes, I would also like to see a cliffhanger of some kind. Guarantee to me that Wright will be back, Capcom. :3

Has anyone tried the online trial maker on here?: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/

I would want to make a trial. Right when I come up with a good plot. Some pretty fun stuff.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ace Attorney Club?

Count. Me. In. Now.
Clearly based off of my set, it's obvious that I should join.
Please be sure in future that your posts also contribute to a discussion and just aren't a sign-up post (like above) as per the Other Clubs rules. Just asking to join is not enough; contribute to a topic or reply to an old one.

And while I am here I shall like to join myself, seeing as I was part of the previous club. =) Gumshoe is one of my favourite characters from the series thus far, and I am looking forward to that 5th game as well (especially as it is currently going to come out in english, thank goodness. Silly Capcom).

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Welcome to the club~! (though I don't exactly think Godot is all that scruffy, haha).

And oh man - the ace attorney movie is in theaters? I haven't heard anything about that here.. ;-; I should see it someday, haha.

Woo. Lucky you! Hope you enjoy it. :>

Yes, I would also like to see a cliffhanger of some kind. Guarantee to me that Wright will be back, Capcom. :3

Has anyone tried the online trial maker on here?: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/

I would want to make a trial. Right when I come up with a good plot. Some pretty fun stuff.

Yeah I did once; but I didn't finish. D= I also tried one of those custom cases; Mia was the main character and I was representing this guy that everyone wanted dead... I guess.

And while I am here I shall like to join myself, seeing as I was part of the previous club. =) Gumshoe is one of my favourite characters from the series thus far, and I am looking forward to that 5th game as well (especially as it is currently going to come out in english, thank goodness. Silly Capcom).

Yeah, I think almost everyone likes Gumshoe. <3 He's a little scatterbrained, but he always get's the job done. :3 And yessss, thank goodness AA5 is coming in English; capcom is finally back on track with Ace Attorney releases. u-u'

Here comes a topic question: What is your favourite character theme?

And of course, I'm referring to each character's own respective themes. Anyway, my favorite character theme is Godot's theme, because its dark, mysterious,and jazzy all at the same time.

Years
Here comes a topic question: What is your favourite character theme?

And of course, I'm referring to each character's own respective themes. Anyway, my favorite character theme is Godot's theme, because its dark, mysterious,and jazzy all at the same time.

I personally prefer the Turnabout Jazz Soul version of Godot's theme. Unbelievably classy music. o:

Cid

Years
I'd like to join.

What is/are your favourite Ace Attorney game(s) from the series?
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. It introduced me to the series, it has Phoenix, Maya, Gumshoe and Edgeworth in their right places, and everything just felt refreshing and brilliant. I love all the other games that came after, but I owe this specific title for getting me into AA in the first place. That being said, Trials and Tribulations comes in a close second.

Who are your favourite characters?
Mia! She's just the best mentor character that you could ever have. Other favourites would be Maya Fey, Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe and Godot. Godot because of Bridge to the Turnabout, Gumshoe because of how childish he is, Edgeworth because of his character development, and Maya because she practically makes the investigation parts of the games as fun as they are. Hobo Phoenix was also awesome, because he acted as Mia's replacement in Apollo Justice somewhat. I have to wonder how that aspect of him will change his behavior in AA5. He might revert back to his old self, or be a bit more collected and mature. I'd like to see the latter happen, for continuity's sake (so that they absolutely can't pretend Apollo Justice never happened), but I'll be fine either way.

Who are your least favourite characters?
Redd White. Apart from that obvious choice, I can't think of anyone in particular right off the bat. I suppose I disliked Matt Engarde a lot. Oh, and Wendy Oldbag might be hilarious for some, but I find her annoying. I keep clicking on the next button whenever I accidentally make her repeat what she already said, and it's a pain to get through her rants.

And since we're on the topic, I'll answer that as well.

What is your favourite character theme?
I have to lie if I don't say Godot's theme isn't up there on my list. However, Mia's theme (I'm calling Turnabout Sisters' Ballad Mia's theme because it reminds me of her) makes me feel all nostalgic, so I'm going with that.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I'd love to join the club. I played the first AA game and also played Miles Edgeworth investigations. i need to play AA 2 and 3. I may as well buy them on the iphone when they come out soon.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Sorry about the brief delay, but welcome to the club~! Nice to have ya. <3

I've got another topic question:

What are some life lessons you've learned from the series?

Because truth be told, there are a lot of good lessons you can learn from playing these games~ Like, I learned that there are multiple ways you can protect someone - as long as you don't give up.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I learned to look at problems from more then the obvious view. :) kinda like the DL case

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I've learnt to take logic and throw it out the window. You can thank Mia for that one. :3

But in all honestly, I can't really recall what life lessons, or just normal lessons I've taken from the games. I mean, maybe you can adapt something like "don't be a detective unless you want to live on noodles" or something, but I can't really think of much. but right now I'm thinking of something to do with Edgeworth needing to lighten up a lot bit, maybe just stand in his office and yell "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP" like Gumshoe does or something. Not really a life lesson, but it will do. xD

But wow has no one posted in this club. Has everyone lost the inner attorney within them or something? D:

Here's a little something I've thought of with playing some of the cases camy meele april may and maybe something viable to talk about.
Do you think the series is oversexualised in any way?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Huh...
Well, I guess there's oversexualization in the games with certain characters: like April May is an obvious example from her woton winking and all that. Maybe Dahlia Hawthrone as well - because she used her "cute, innocent femininity" to hide her identity. Also the cough up queen, Angel, always seemed to have men "under her spell". :x

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I feel like it's hard for a series like this to truly be defined as "oversexualized" at any point. I know I can pick out a few characters who fit the bill but the nature of the game just has them coming across as such a parody that I'm not so sure it counts in that way. I mean, I guess it does regardless of the genre of game but the sexualization in this series feels very different from other series that would feature similar characters in different settings, you know?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I guess now that I think about it, it's not oversexualized at all.
ahem
Spoiler:

I have no idea why I even thought of that. x_x But I will think of an appropriate question!

-long damon gant pause-

What's your favourite flashback?
I honestly couldn't say who's past my favourite is. Trying to word it right, but your favourite moment in the past, like Maya breaking the urn and her fixing it with Mia or pearls roasting the sign with gravy
I couldn't say what my favourite past event would be. I enjoyed playing through Trucy's past in Apollo Justice, that was fun. Just seeing her innocence in the smallest moment.
"Daddy? Okay Daddy!"

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My favourite flashback... probably the DL6 incident; it's pretty sad for Edgeworth. =( Plus, it sort of helped set up the story for the Fey family feud arc.

BTW, 45 days until Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney comes out in Japan! Not sure if I want to ship it though, haha~

Mind if I ask a side question:

If you can pick one thing from Ace Attorney that excited you the most, what would it be?

Well fior me generally, it's whenever there's a cross-examination, and when that traditional "OBJECTION!" occurs, it's followed up by the cornered music. :3

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
If you can pick one thing from Ace Attorney that excited you the most, what would it be?

Whenever one of the "Pursuit" themes played. Not only was it one of the things that I looked forward to most, but whenever it played it would literally send chills down my spine. The idea of the "Pursuit" themes was great, and it was a well executed way of driving the seriousness and ferocity of the situation.

I thought about that, and I really don't think so. Sure, in the beginning there were two (three if you count Rise from the Ashes) characters that were well endowed (Mia, Angel, and April), but two of the three had justified reasons for their endowment, and the other one didn't detriment the character design. There are some other characters that could be considered oversexualized, but the reasons for their appearances are usually either justified or don't go "over the top".

Last edited:
Back