• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen My Feraligatr Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
Years
Yeah, Apparently my Feraligatr on my Gold version has a quirk. A good quirk. I'd been playing it to That one town with the burned tower and I realized something. My Feraligatr, weather battling Oddish, Pikachu, or other pokemon of that sort, has never been paralyzed once. Never! Be it stun spore, thunder wave, or any other paralyze inducing move would not affect it whatsoever! I would chop this all up to luck, but the chances of my Feraligatr dodging the crippling effect of paralyze all of those times are slim to none. The worst part is that I have no idea why. Sure I love having a pokemon that can't be paralyzed, but what if it's a glitch that could mess up my game? Either way, I like my Feraligatr...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I never heard of a Glitch like that before. Those moves don't have 100% accuracy so I'm just guessing its all about luck then and not the game. You should be very lucky that you don't get paralyze because I always did in my GSC when they used moves like that

:t354:TG

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Those moves don't have 100% accuracy

Actually, Thunder Wave does, which really makes me curious. ._.

I've never heard of a paralysis glitch either, which could either mean that you're doing something before sending your Feraligatr to face a Pokemon with those moves (e.g. using Sand-Attack), or it's just one of those weird, one-game glitches that occasionally happen with Color/Metal Gen games. I really don't think you have to worry, though. With a game that old, most likely, it probably won't be dangerous, and anyway, minor bumps in the game like that don't tend to screw you over with anything major.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
Years
or it's just one of those weird, one-game glitches that occasionally happen with Color/Metal Gen games.

That's what it probably is, Because it's not that they don't hit, when my opponent uses it, it'll say "It doesn't affect Feraligatr..." Which is just odd to me. So yeah, it's most likel a one-game glitch or something...

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 18, 2008
If it says "DOESN'T affect" as opposed to "DIDN'T affect," that means something's out of the ordinary. "Didn't affect" means that, say, Stun Spore missed. "Doesn't affect" is what you get when you try to use Thunderbolt on a Ground-type and such.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Actually, Thunder Wave does, which really makes me curious. ._.

oops sorry about that. Also I looked up Stun Spore and it states that it has 75% accuracy which is pretty okay but when I use it I always miss and when the opponent uses it, always hits me

:t354:TG

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hrmm... Maybe it's either a slight glitch, or a lucky catch.

You're pretty lucky, you could cream Lt. Surge easy in Kanto.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
pokemoner2500, HONEY. This thread is from 2 0 0 7 so please don't post in it.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back