• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mara Region

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
Welcome to the Mara Region! The Mara Region is the Southern-most Pokemon region and much of it is covered in thick tropical jungle. It does, however, also have some grasslands and plains to the far South, and even farther there are snow covered mountains.​

ev7w46.jpg
1giwl3.jpg

9uu4cp.jpg
TD0SNpF.png

Notice: Feel free to help me with this as it is incomplete. Any ideas or designs will be welcome. :D I may change the region name.​

New Type!
The Cyber Type has been discovered in the Mara Region's computers and technical systems! Most Cyber Types are also Electric Types and most can control various, if not all, computer systems and circuitry. Well known Pokemon like Porygon have been reclassified as Cyber Types.​

Mara Region Dex​
Spoiler:

Please enjoy this partially done Fakedex and let me hear your feedback and ideas. Thank you. :D

Note: I reply to all my feedback, so check back for answers/replies

BADGES

Spoiler:

Mara Region Trainers

[I'd need the most help with this part, since I fail at drawing people]

Professor: Thornwood

35jcq3r.jpg

Rosalie Thornwood

2621vli.jpg

Female Mara Trainer
mara_region_female_trainer_by_champion_frita-d7l9trv.jpg

Male Mara Trainer

mara_region_male_trainer_by_champion_frita-d7kokg5.jpg

Nurse Joy

15gbhpw.jpg

Nomav Gym Leader Anne

6f2k5e.jpg

Sparkplug City Gym Leader Zachary

gym_leader_zachary_by_champion_frita-d7l9t0l.jpg

Kindeleton Gym Leader Antennia
gym_leader_antennia_by_champion_frita-d7s9l3i.jpg

Oceanna Gym Leader Cascadia

jt0xeh.jpg

Shadyhollow Gym Leader Luna

20qjma1.jpg

Champion: Frita

33nw5u9.jpg

Alternate Design Champion Frita
frita_by_champion_frita-d749cn6.jpg

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

TEAM CHRONO
34zyhis.jpg

Team Chrono is the most evil force in Mara. They have a vast army of grunts and other workers at their disposal, most of them former Rocket, Plazma, Magma, or Aqua grunts. They will never turn down help, and Zeus believes that they can never have too many members. Their lack of prejudice toward members has made them a popular choice for outcasts from all regions. Zeus is obssesed with Cyber Types and has every one of his scientists studying them. He believes they have some link to the future, and has learned everything he could about Quarzion and its Legends. He believes the Legendary Pokemon can help him build a great and wonderous future where he is the supreme ruler and there are no discriminations or prejudices. With the help of his higher ups, Aries and Artemis, he plans to first take over Mara, then the entire Pokemon world. Unlike other Evil Team Leaders, Zeus does not see Pokemon as simply tools. He loves each and every one of his Pokemon and knows what kind treatment can do to his Pokemon's Power levels.​

Newly developed Pokeballs

Some of these would be very expensive as they would highly increase the capture rate due to special effects.​

Freezeball-A ball for catching Ice Type Pokemon. It has the added effect of freezing the target if it fails to capture.

azgpw6.jpg

Burnball-A ball made to catch Fire Types. It leaves a burn if it fails.

1z355b9.jpg

Kinball-A ball for catching the evolution or pre-evolution of a Pokemon the trainer has already caught. [higher catch rate on evo and prevo]

fasjgj.jpg

Digitalball-A ball created to catch Cyber Type Pokemon.

358a150.jpg

PokeDex Concept:

2ypjixj.jpg

Sprites

These are sprites that people have kindly done for me. Note that there will probably be sprites from more than one person here, as I gladly except any sprites of my fakemon.​

Bushewe

By Fistodragon:
aokebk.png

Lycanoxious

By Blackpuddle:
1zn52zn.gif

Obliveon

By Me:
fxzbyv.png

Mara Towns

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

THE LEGENDS OF MARA

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If you would like to further support Pokémon and my Fakemon Region, please visit the PokeCentral Forums and list Obliveon as your referrer!

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
You are supposed to post your works here, Obliveon. The number of images isn't a problem since there's not limit to the number of images you can post in a single post as far as I am aware. But linking it to a thread situated outside of this site is a problem - linking to external sites for showcasing works is actually against A&D rules. As for the second thing you said, you don't really have to worry about not being able to post all of them here right now. Just post 4 images for the time being and you can update the first post with your latest works later when you're free. I'll keep this open for a while but you must know that linking like you did is against the rules - you have to post your content here.

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
Well maybe that should be clearer. I didn't see anything about it in the rules. AND THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT IF THERE IS OR ISN'T AN IMAGE LIMIT, so how was I suppose to know? For most sites its like 20 images. Am I seriously the first person on this site to suggest that you mention that?!

Last edited:

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Well I just been browsing throught your stuff you seem to have a alot planed out did you draw out all them concept pics of the pokemon ? I really like them , I really enjoy seeing ppl draw out all there stuff on paper first ^_^ But from what I see your doing a Great job so far keep it up :)

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Your Welcome well that's really cool :) I belive it will be very nice when it's finished ~

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Just try your best Im not great at people either im more animal drawing type tho i try even tho i nickpick my art apart tho lol need to learn not too XD

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I love some of the names that you came up with! They not only match perfectly, but they also keep on the tradition of the fun and quirky naming scheme that the original Pokemon games set. Things like "spy"der always puts a smile on my face :D

Apart from the names, some of the designs in general are fairly lacking. I mean, the spyder guy was one of the more unique, since its a spying spider. but most of the 4-legged animals on the other hand are as generic as a fakemon can be. Usually, a pokemon's design is appealing because of how unique and recognizable it is, that's why everyone owned the "what's that pokemon?" thing at the end of every pokemon episode(screw you voltorb/electrode). For example, show them a picture of a pokemon, take the picture away, and make them describe it. odds are they'll remember "a yellow rat with red cheeks and a zigzag tail" or "a giant green snake dragon with body segments". But some of yours are just lions, deer, and some don't even look planned out at all.

But all-in-all, I commend you on the names, and some of the designs. Also, I wouldn't say your drawings are bad. Artwork isn't always good by how well the artist created his piece, but instead how well the artist portrayed his ideas. Which in this case, is how creative the fakemon's designs were.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Actually this was my first forum ever. And it never had any image limits. The only forum I frequent (maybe log-on once in 3-4 days) outside of this one is one named Narutoforums. That had limits but I thought forums generally don't have those because Pokecommunity didn't, haha. But you're right, it should be mentioned somewhere. I'll add it to the guidelines as a note. But glad you went through the rules! :] And YES, you seriously are the first person to mention that. Most people that post here just post images without worrying about limits for some reason. XD;

Anyway, from the ones I went through, Crowtergeist and Toxidous are my fave. The latter, especially. I know there's Muk that is comparable to it but it having bones and them being partially visible is something I like. Then, like Sunfished said, you got those awesome names. Never thought I'd see fakemon with names like "Tick", "Tock" "Ticktock" - awesome, haha.

I'll write up a detailed feedback post later, though. Sorry for the short nature of this post!

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
I love some of the names that you came up with! They not only match perfectly, but they also keep on the tradition of the fun and quirky naming scheme that the original Pokemon games set. Things like "spy"der always puts a smile on my face :D

Apart from the names, some of the designs in general are fairly lacking. I mean, the spyder guy was one of the more unique, since its a spying spider. but most of the 4-legged animals on the other hand are as generic as a fakemon can be. Usually, a pokemon's design is appealing because of how unique and recognizable it is, that's why everyone owned the "what's that pokemon?" thing at the end of every pokemon episode(screw you voltorb/electrode). For example, show them a picture of a pokemon, take the picture away, and make them describe it. odds are they'll remember "a yellow rat with red cheeks and a zigzag tail" or "a giant green snake dragon with body segments". But some of yours are just lions, deer, and some don't even look planned out at all.

But all-in-all, I commend you on the names, and some of the designs. Also, I wouldn't say your drawings are bad. Artwork isn't always good by how well the artist created his piece, but instead how well the artist portrayed his ideas. Which in this case, is how creative the fakemon's designs were.

Thanks. ^^ Yeah, I know some of them are a little generic. I plan on redesigning several of them later on, but I'm like totally obsessed with the map now and I still have some designs left to post. XD Life has been getting in my way.

Actually this was my first forum ever. And it never had any image limits. The only forum I frequent (maybe log-on once in 3-4 days) outside of this one is one named Narutoforums. That had limits but I thought forums generally don't have those because Pokecommunity didn't, haha. But you're right, it should be mentioned somewhere. I'll add it to the guidelines as a note. But glad you went through the rules! :] And YES, you seriously are the first person to mention that. Most people that post here just post images without worrying about limits for some reason. XD;

Anyway, from the ones I went through, Crowtergeist and Toxidous are my fave. The latter, especially. I know there's Muk that is comparable to it but it having bones and them being partially visible is something I like. Then, like Sunfished said, you got those awesome names. Never thought I'd see fakemon with names like "Tick", "Tock" "Ticktock" - awesome, haha.

I'll write up a detailed feedback post later, though. Sorry for the short nature of this post!

Thanks. ^^ Sorry if I seemed a little mean before. I was having a bad day. :( Toxidous was inspired by a challenge that someone gave me. And I didn't like the Klink line so I thought I'd do something similar, but different.

Last edited:

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
wow wow wow wow...... what the flip
these are so so so so fantastic and brilliant, better than the 4th and 5th generation actually!
only starters are a little bit weird. actually your starters doesn't really look good. concepts are cool but they aren't looking good, maybe you can redo them.

my favourite is nimboal and its evolutions especcially mair. maybe thats because i wanted a water unicorn for a very long time :D but i literally fell in love with that!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow Obliveon.. You've definitely gathered quite the collection of fakemons. Exactly how long have you been working on this project?

Well, it seems like the quality of your work is vastly overshadowed by the quantity. And I mean that in a good way, I hope you know. When working on something this big, you can expect things are going to get less polished. There are definitely some very strong designs in here.. others fall short on the artistic end of things (what I mean is sketchy lines, eraser marks, etc.). But again, these things are expected when doing so much work. Overall, there's a lot for you to be proud of here!

Since you've gone through all this effort, I'd like to see you go one step further. Personally, I'd like to see some shiny variants of your fakemons. Or some male/female variations. Maybe include movesets or something more than flavor text too! It's clear you've already thought most of this stuff through... so I'd personally love to see some of it! :)

Good work, for sure. :3

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
Wow Obliveon.. You've definitely gathered quite the collection of fakemons. Exactly how long have you been working on this project?

Well, it seems like the quality of your work is vastly overshadowed by the quantity. And I mean that in a good way, I hope you know. When working on something this big, you can expect things are going to get less polished. There are definitely some very strong designs in here.. others fall short on the artistic end of things (what I mean is sketchy lines, eraser marks, etc.). But again, these things are expected when doing so much work. Overall, there's a lot for you to be proud of here!

Since you've gone through all this effort, I'd like to see you go one step further. Personally, I'd like to see some shiny variants of your fakemons. Or some male/female variations. Maybe include movesets or something more than flavor text too! It's clear you've already thought most of this stuff through... so I'd personally love to see some of it! :)

Good work, for sure. :3

I've only been working on this for about 2 and a half months, I think. It's kind of surreal actually. I never expected to ever go this far when I started with some Eeveeloution designs and then starters. XD

I know my work is a little sloppy in places, due in part to the fact that this is posted on other sites. When it reaches the bottom of the page on those sites, it gets deleted, so I have to constantly update it to keep it from dissappearing [it is such a pain to repost].

I've been working of shinies and male/female variants, but I'm more intersted in finishing the map first.

Years
I'm very impressed. It's so extensive!
For the most part the designs are great, there are a few that stand out to me like Tronix, Toxidous and Diablaze but I think some are a little too, uninspired I guess I'll use like the lion and the deer they're not Pokemony enough for me I think.
Nevertheless you've done an awesome job well done.

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
I'm very impressed. It's so extensive!
For the most part the designs are great, there are a few that stand out to me like Tronix, Toxidous and Diablaze but I think some are a little too, uninspired I guess I'll use like the lion and the deer they're not Pokemony enough for me I think.
Nevertheless you've done an awesome job well done.

Oh the lions...XD These were actually gonna be Fire Types, but then I realized that would mess up Flameow so I had to do something else. These weren't really spur the moment [the best ones were], so they're a little bland. Working on imporving them.

AND WHY DOES EVERYBODY SAY DEER? I don't have any deer Pokemon. XD They're African Gazelle Pokemon. Besides, Normal Types tend to be a little bland. Just look at Eevee, it's just a little brown fox [granted an adorable little brown fox].

Thanks for the praise though. ^^ I appreciate it.

UPDATE! Added some more stuff.

Last edited:
Back