• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Acanthite - RMXP

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Ok i love that screen but the waterfall aint that good try and fix and for the land to square the rounding land is awesome. Im just putting this out,

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I was actually unable to correct that because of the autotile limitations, so that's really the best it's gonna look x.x

Cheers nonetheless sheck! :D

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Very nice! I was anxious to see what some of the new reigon looks like....but since it's the exact remake of G/S and the extra Crystal stuff, is someone (or you) going to remake the Firebreather, Officer, Kimono Girl, and Snowboader (Pryce's Gym) sprites and other trainers from Crystal that I could be missing (I never played Crystal)?

Things look good so far...keep it up!

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
Fangking, if you wish for those old trainers, PM Deltasuicune here or at PT and ask politely. He may or may not accept.

Years
Where did all you guys come from? :P I really like the graphics on this game and it seems to be very well planned.. How long have you all been working on it?

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I personally think the project is being rushed. It's just another remake to me. Sorry I'm not as impressed as others. I know you are having another region but you could make the old regions much more custom. However it's your choice.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Nothing impressive. But that last area that you displayed looked a little plain. Everything else great!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I agree with Barry. I would've been alot more interested if you were showing screens of the new region instead of just Johto remakes which a few of us have seen many times. It looks like a good game, you just can't tell how good from remade screens.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
As Fangking has pointed out, it may be a REMAKE of G/S, but the story itself is much different which brings the difference closer. It looks like he is rushing it, but to tell you the truth, some of those things were done along time ago, he just got around to posting his game now....Whats the point of calling a REMAKE if it's differen't in someway? Okay, FR/LG may have had some differenced 9Just Sevii Islands actually), but he wants to make the old-school G/S game better with improved graphics and add a new reigon. No, his new city does not look "plain" compaired to Pallet Town and such. It has very good design including Waterfall....i like it so far, so please respect what he is doing.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
The project has been going since just before the new year. Since I was finally in a position that I wanted to start showing off the game in a more public arena, I did just that. I would still say it's going fairly quickly, but rushing? Nah. A lot of care's gone into every angle...

A lot of the early work was devoted to coding the menu, adjusting the party system to allow a total of 6 Pok?mon, setting up a template for the PC system, setting up the fonts, then the weather and time system (including random encounter test events that work around the cycle of time and weather)... some serious graphics ripping and modifying then followed. The tileset has mushroomed intensely from the oldest version, and is now nothing short of absolutely huge x.x

My next phase is always design plan and ideas, coupled with the map making phase. Since Kanto will just be based mostly off FRLG, Johto was done first to get the main stumbling block out of the way. Matt is working on some areas of Kanto, and did a couple of maps for Johto also. Each map also goes through a very careful and thorough editing phase, so that they DON'T look rushed! Trust me, I've seen some rather nasty Johto remakes (Kyledove's happens to be one of the few brilliant ones, just with some shocking grass XP). I spend up to a day on the larger cities to get them perfectly proportioned in a FRLG kind of precision.

We working on the project believe that the true beauty of the Acanthite project will certainly be the story's angle. Playing from the Rival's point of view instead allows a completely different perspective while you play. Also, catching Lugia is much more interesting (I thought that the Groudon/Kyogre story of Ruby and Sapphire was the best part of the game, and better still in Emerald, and I want that sort of epic adventure rather than just picking up a feather or whatever and going into a cave :D).

You don't see a lot of the new region yet because of the following reasons;
a) I've not made that much of it yet
b) I wish to keep it somewhat secret
c) J'adore le petit poisson.

So, ideas are still wanted if anyone has any suggestions. How might I make certain maps better, or anything you want me to put in the new region?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Why for n3. did you say you love small fish? o_O
anyway, while I was reading it I was like "hey is he calling my remake nasty?!" then I kept reading and noticed what you said after. Thanks, and what do you mean shocking grass!? - hey I love to be different =D

anyway great job on remaking some of those cities, even I am finding it really hard...especially goldenrod *murders goldenrod various times*

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Yes, I did say I love small fish... And indeed Goldenrod was an absolute nightmare x.x

Anyhow, Acanthite is a silver coloured mineral (courtesy of Mew3 for informing me of this).

You want more of the new region? Here comes a brief glimpse of Maplegrove City. It's an isolated town in the mountains on the Southern Isle of Merto, and home to Helena, the Dark gym leader.

maplegrovecity1bj.png

I think what it really needs is nice graphics of bare trees *puppy dog eyes*
*hint hint* anybody feel like doing them?

Ironic that it needs bare trees to make it seem a bit less bare..... *SHOT*

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
looks good, its amazing what a good job nurse joy and the shop person do to keep the snow off their roofts! XD

mmhmmm....bare trees....sounds fun, maybe Ill give it a go, do yo want bare trees of any type or want a bare version of a tree already made?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I'm not fussed, you may use your imagination to no end :D

And yeah, I intended to rectify the problem with the mart/center :p

Eventually x.x

EDIT2: fixed a couple of errors
deoxyshp4ib.png

Last edited:

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I really like the ice sickles. I believe that's the first time I've seen any in a game. Not sure if I'd like them better if they varied a bit more. You know, more crooked. They vary in length which is good but some ice sickles build up and go sideways and weird stuff like that. Looks good though. Kyle is deffinatly the person to have do any plants =) Good luck to you.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
Wow, I really like your ice huts. I don't remember what ours resemble..but I'm pretty sure yours are as good if not better.

Back