• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Weather Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
ROM Information

• Based on FireRed BPRE
Storyline

• The small region of Sinmoi is home to many diverse species of Pokémon. In the heart of Sinmoi is the Weather institute that funds both the tourism and working industries in Sinmoi. However, dark times are approaching the region of Sinmoi with the villains of Team Aqua and Team Magma from Hoenn resuming their quests for weather domination in Sinmoi and they see the Weather Institute as a perfect place to start their quests.
  • New Pokémon trainers are given starter Pokémon by Professor Willow, Professor Willow keeps the starter Pokémon inside the Weather Institute for safe keeping. With the threat of evil rising the Weather Institute is out of access so no Pokémon are available to be given to new trainers starting out on their journeys.
  • You're a young child ready to start out on their Pokémon journey and through your father's vast connections he has managed to grab you an extreme rarity, he has secured your place in the Pokémon League challenge and has managed to convince Professor Willow you give you one of his own Pokémon from his laboratory in Panda Town. The Pokémon you will receive is a Pokémon with vast adaptability and is near perfect for the ever-changing weather conditions that await you in the region of Sinmoi.
  • It's your destiny, it's your time to take on the Pokémon League challenge and it's your time to deal with the evils that threaten the Pokémon world. Good luck.
Features

• Brand new region
  • Four exotic gym challenges and leaders to take on, followed up with an interesting Pokémon League campaign
  • A vastly challenging after-story journey to compliment the main gameplay
  • Out of the ordinary choice of Pokémon in the region
Screenshots
346vlkz.png
2zitqbl.png
drat8z.png
1h7zm1.png

Credits

• Tiles - Kyledove, Wesley FG, rhevarne_duh, alucus

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
That title-screen looks good :). Anyway, can you handle of doing 2 hack at the same time?
If I'm 100% honest with you I need a break from making Sienna. I need to fall in love with ROM Hacking again and I simply can't do that making Sienna. I had this idea when I was at college one day and I've been secretly plotting it since. It shouldn't take more than a year to complete this (maybe less), so I guess the answer to your question is no.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
"A vastly challenging after-story journey to compliment the main gameplay"

hopefully you can presevere to do that (after seeing what happen to Sienna). Good luck!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Criticism (I say whatever I don't like so don't be offended) : The titlescreen's arceus doesn't blend in nicely too the background (try something like what you did for Sienna) The tree colour is boring (try darker, but not too much) and I haven't really known the purpose, but assuming it does nothing, that piece of cave tile thingy is random and useless. If you feel you have too little decoration, try some enclosed pokemon field (like the pokemon nursery thingy in R/S/E) or smaller trees. I don't know if you plan to add house tiles because the old ones are very boring.

Praise:
Your mapping is quite good (duh? mod ;)) and other than the fact that the arceus does not blend in, I think the background looks good. Storyline is new and I like the fact that you are adding Teams A/M inside. Good luck on your new hack! I agree that you should take a break from Sienna. Good hack btw! but sometimes, too much isn't good.

marcc5m

what
Years
(duh? mod ;))

Being a mod (or former mod) doesn't always mean you're an expert hacker. Gira and Fuji are terrible hackers.

Anyway this is looking...decent. If I'm being completely honest it doesn't wow me as much as Sienna. For starters I'm not digging the storyline too much, not that it's a terrible story or anything just the fact that at the end of Emerald Maxie and Archie had learnt from their mistakes and that's why they are my two favourite bad guy team leaders.
Mapping is good but some of those little corner path things at the doors of the house and lab would look better in my opinion. Not entirely fond of the tiles...No idea what it is just something about them, particularly the mountains. Something juts feels off about them and I can't quite put my finger on it.
I like the title screen, other than the Arceus mainly because I've never been really too fond of sprites on title screens, if I had time I could make you an Arceus pixel art, or maybe some one good at spriting could.

Anyway that's all.
Good luck.
Bye.
Please don't yell at me :(

Years
Those tiles do not compliment one another. The mountain's shadows are lighter then the grass and don't mix with the style of the trees at all. The paths border is kinda repetitive and the detail in the sand is almost unnoticeable. The palette doesn't pop at all, its all wishy washy and yeah.

Trying not to compare this to Sienna because I'm sure you don't want that but yeah I much prefer Sienna's tiles.

The titlescreen looks nice (Dodrio Berry minigame right?), but you might want to throw some anti-aliasing on the text.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I agree, the tiles look odd and don't mix.
To me the tree's just look plain and flat, there's not obvious feature to them, like leaves or branches (If need be).

The story is pretty good, I like how you've got Team Magma and Aqua back for weather reasons again. But, I can't help but remember both Leaders saying they would quit the whole controlling weather thing.

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Just a recommendation since everyone is bringing up the whole "team leaders quit at the end of the game," how about...someone else took over after them since they still had evil in their hearts? Problem solved :p

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Im tempted to say Castform, I'm guessing Castform has some sort of relevance in all of this?

The coolest thing you could do with is making some more variations of Castform, that'd be awesome! Or an evolution or two to Castform.

Pinta77

Looking good. I can't help but wonder what is is inside that cave =o and the title screen is beautiful.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I like the story its quite creative, but castform as the starter..
I most likely won't play this when its released for that one reason, or i'll just P.C him.
Sorry, just my opinion, also the tiles could use some work they dont match with the original fire red building and the palletes are bad, mainly the green. Honestly i'm really suprised in the quality of this hack compared to Sienna, but you have only just started and just like Sienna i'm sure things will change. Good luck :)

Years
I like the story its quite creative, but castform as the starter..
I most likely won't play this when its released for that one reason, or i'll just P.C him.
Sorry, just my opinion, also the tiles could use some work they dont match with the original fire red building and the palletes are bad, mainly the green. Honestly i'm really suprised in the quality of this hack compared to Sienna, but you have only just started and just like Sienna i'm sure things will change. Good luck :)
Seeing the taste of this hack and answering your opinion What more could be expected as the starters...
Kecleon or a type changer poke itself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back