• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
I don't know if this is the place to say it, but I've been thinking of making a roleplay for the Game of Thrones series. Would anybody be interested in that?

Sounds interesting. :)

Would it follow the events and characters of the Books/TV Show, or will it simply contain the universe with character creation into certain houses or whatnot? Would it focus on one particular group of nobles or the world as a whole? If AU, would it be before the current events, after, or in a separate timeline altogether?

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hi guys~

Just letting you all know that Supervegeta sent me a message that he'll be offline for a little and he's not sure when he'll be back. Hopefully it's not for too long. Just letting you know here since I have no idea what other roleplays he's in than Odyssey and Aerion and Famiglia. Though that might be it...

I'm not sure hahaha.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I find it rather important to have an avatar through which you can directly push things along. Playing God is okay, I guess, but without at least NPC characters under your control you're relying entirely on your RPers to be as dedicated to the RP as you might be and it turns out that can be a pretty risky choice in practice.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Sounds interesting. :)

Would it follow the events and characters of the Books/TV Show, or will it simply contain the universe with character creation into certain houses or whatnot? Would it focus on one particular group of nobles or the world as a whole? If AU, would it be before the current events, after, or in a separate timeline altogether?

I'm thinking it'll be after the books, with Jon and Bran and Rickon and the like dead and gone, like 100 years after. Perhaps a tale from the Age of Heroes. I'm not entirely sure. I just know it'll be in a different era.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Hello everyone, I thought I'd start a new RP, so I wonder what you guys think about the idea. Okay, it's set in Sinnoh, and you go around collecting ribbons from contests, but of course there may be a bit of action happening here and there. So, what do you think?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Hi guys~

Just letting you all know that Supervegeta sent me a message that he'll be offline for a little and he's not sure when he'll be back. Hopefully it's not for too long. Just letting you know here since I have no idea what other roleplays he's in than Odyssey and Aerion and Famiglia. Though that might be it...

I'm not sure hahaha.

Aaaaah, that reminds me. Michaela said something similar, being that her internet is being screwy and has decided that it doesn't like The Pokecommunity, so her activity may be scattered.

And on the dark-ish bright side, I'll probably be a bit more active now, hopefully. Especially if I get a new laptop soon. For now I have some extra free time on my hands. Getting dumped can do that to you. >.> I'll try to work on my roleplays, namely Olyssian Daemons, a medieval magic x pokemon roleplay, and hopefully have that up within February.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Schoolwork kicked my butt, so I had to drop out of the roleplays I was in (except PTA, because I am currently in an interaction), but I'll still at least spectate. I love reading roleplays. They keep me busy (and procrastinating from homework weeee)

I was going to post a new topic but I completely forgot. lmao

Hello everyone, I thought I'd start a new RP, so I wonder what you guys think about the idea. Okay, it's set in Sinnoh, and you go around collecting ribbons from contests, but of course there may be a bit of action happening here and there. So, what do you think?

Sounds like a journey roleplay, but instead of starting off as a trainer, you start off as a coordinator. I'm not certain how many roleplayers here are more interested in coordinating rather than battling. And tbh I never tried roleplaying as a coordinator before. However, I'd love to see that happening.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I've always wanted to try RPing as a coordinator~ Would make battles interesting, with all the added flare of people trying to make the moves look good.

Years

This actually sounds like a lot of fun! :D

How will you determine the winners of contests and all that though?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't know if this is the place to say it, but I've been thinking of making a roleplay for the Game of Thrones series. Would anybody be interested in that?
I'm sure there's people who would be interested in that ^^ Aerion borrowed some stuff from GoT, after all.

I think it's great, as long as the GM doesn't go and do everything perfectly in the RP just because they technically know what's supposed to happen. I find it useful to make a character really, cause then if the RPers are getting off track or simply seem like they are going to be wandering around in the wrong places for the rest of the RP, I can use my character to set them on the right track. True, NPCs can be useful for that too, but I believe having your own character makes it simpler. Besides, it's boring to just sit back and watch others enjoy the RP you made~
I agree with this, except for the last part; I find it really enjoyable to see other players take action in the world that I've created and nudge them along with NPCs and stuff 8D But often I think the RP I've made sounds so good that I can't resist creating a main character for myself too xD

Sounds really fun! Don't think we've had a pure coordinator journey RP before.

And on the dark-ish bright side, I'll probably be a bit more active now, hopefully. Especially if I get a new laptop soon. For now I have some extra free time on my hands. Getting dumped can do that to you. >.> I'll try to work on my roleplays, namely Olyssian Daemons, a medieval magic x pokemon roleplay, and hopefully have that up within February.
It's not a dark thing that you're becoming more active ;D

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
It's not a dark thing that you're becoming more active ;D

It is when the only reason you have more time is because your boyfriend dumped you because he didn't like you anymore like that. ._.
For the first . . . uh, the next week or so, I'm not sure if that will actually give me more time or hinder my activity, lol.

And I am working on a really poor map of the region in my pokemon x medieval magic roleplay, Olyssia.

@gimmiepie - I'll check it out. d;

Scripturient

I think I've lost it.
Years
Hello, everyone! I figured this would be as good a place as any for introductions in the RP corner. After the closure of a RP community I had been a part of for some time, I have been on the lookout for a new place to get my RPing fix. Stumbled upon PC and it really garnered my interest after a brief perusal. I've been RPing for a few years now and hope to jump in here soon. Now, just to find one I want to join. :)

As to the current topic set, so I'm not completely off it. I really like when GMs take part in their RPs and many times, I prefer they do. It gets them more invested and develops a sort of kinship between themselves and the other players.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Welcome, Scrippy! (Sorry if you don't like the nickname.) Nice way to make a first post.

There are plenty of active RPs available to join!

Shameless plug time, people!

Pokémon Fallout and Hoenn RéBURST are both always looking for new and active players!

Fallout is in a dystopian future of the Sinnoh region, where children are able to fuse with the spirits of Pokémon.

RéBURST is a journey RP, still in the semi-early stages, where Pokémon trainers and Burst Warriors (that fuse with Pokémon by way of a Pokéball-like item called a Burst Heart) collide.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
New Roleplay is just around the corner. Get ready for it.

ants.png

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hello, everyone! I figured this would be as good a place as any for introductions in the RP corner. After the closure of a RP community I had been a part of for some time, I have been on the lookout for a new place to get my RPing fix. Stumbled upon PC and it really garnered my interest after a brief perusal. I've been RPing for a few years now and hope to jump in here soon. Now, just to find one I want to join. :)

As to the current topic set, so I'm not completely off it. I really like when GMs take part in their RPs and many times, I prefer they do. It gets them more invested and develops a sort of kinship between themselves and the other players.
Nice to meet you! Good first impression.

If you're into Zelda, I run HYRULE: The Golden Era. Pretty much Sandbox style RPing though I'm throwing in events at times.

Welcome, Scrippy! (Sorry if you don't like the nickname.) Nice way to make a first post.

There are plenty of active RPs available to join!

Shameless plug time, people!

Pokémon Fallout and Hoenn RéBURST are both always looking for new and active players!

Fallout is in a dystopian future of the Sinnoh region, where children are able to fuse with the spirits of Pokémon.

RéBURST is a journey RP, still in the semi-early stages, where Pokémon trainers and Burst Warriors (that fuse with Pokémon by way of a Pokéball-like item called a Burst Heart) collide.
You magnificent Co-GM to everything, you.

New Roleplay is just around the corner. Get ready for it.

ants.png
I... I really thought you were kidding about that last time. That's hilariously wonderful.

You haven't demanded Skymin be your waifu lately...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've been wondering: there's been often talk about what can attract you to a RP, but, I'm just wondering:

What discourages you from joining certain RPs? Is there factors that you would consider an RP to be... not very attractive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back