• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Type-wise, no. Panpour holds a type advantage over . . . err, maybe one Pokemon out of the whole E4. It certainly doesn't have the coverage necessary to take out one member by itself, which is kinda what you want. Simipour's base stats aren't . . . stellar, either, so in general I'd say no. But it's up to you - if you like it, and can make it work, then go for it!

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
I have a panpour that I used to defeat the 1st gym... is it worth keeping for E4?

I substituted mine later on in the game for a Swanna. That proved to be a great idea on my part - since it was both Water and Flying, it could cover for my team's weaknesses.

Simipour's stats aren't that great, anyway.

Years
I have a question. Volcarona was supposed to learn Quiver Dance at level 59. However, I delayed evolution until level 60 because I was debating on keeping Larvesta small.

When it evovled. It learned Heat Wave, bu not Quiver Dance. And I'm at level 65 now. Is this because I delayed evolution? And Do I really need it?

NamelessGuy

Years
I have a question. Volcarona was supposed to learn Quiver Dance at level 59. However, I delayed evolution until level 60 because I was debating on keeping Larvesta small.

When it evovled. It learned Heat Wave, bu not Quiver Dance. And I'm at level 65 now. Is this because I delayed evolution? And Do I really need it?

Yes and no. Because you delayed the evolution, Volcarona essentially lost its chance to learn Quiver Dance unless you bring it to a Move Tutor (or whatever it's called in this game). I don't think you need it, personally.

Also, where can one find a decently-leveled Deino?

Years
Yes and no. Because you delayed the evolution, Volcarona essentially lost its chance to learn Quiver Dance unless you bring it to a Move Tutor (or whatever it's called in this game). I don't think you need it, personally.

Also, where can one find a decently-leveled Deino?
Ahh I see Where is the move tutor?

and Victory Rd is the only place you can find a Deino.

NamelessGuy

Years
Ahh I see Where is the move tutor?

and Victory Rd is the only place you can find a Deino.

Mistralton City, I believe.

And dang. I spent a long time training there and didn't come across a single one. At least it'll be around level 40, so that's good enough for me.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Deinos appear inside the caves of Victory Road, the 1st and 3rd floors to be exact. For max results with level, have your lead Pokemon with Hustle so the level will be pleasantly high (most of the time). Though really, you probably don't need a Hustler in the lead since the only Deino you'll be seeing are 38-40.

And if you have a Heart Scale to burn, then I'd say do it. Quiver Dance is a really awesome stat-up move. It doesn't really matter if all the Pokemon you encounter with it just die anyway in one hit, but Quiver Dancing's really powerful if it's used nicely. xD Heart Scales shouldn't be too hard to grab, since there's plenty of opportunities with the TM girl and the Sweet Hearts trader.

Years
I got another moveset question, about my Krookodile. It currently knows:
Toxic
Crunch
Earthquake
Outrage

What should I replace Toxic with? I thought about Brick Break or Swords Dance, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Swords Dance isn't a bad idea.

You can also try using Bulk Up to get your Krookodile even more impervious to anyone using Physical attacks. That'd work wonders if it's paired with Intimidate.

With Moxie, things will be awesome if you got your Krookodile sweeping the floor against your opponent's Pokemon. You won't be needing to set up as much ~

Years
Swords Dance isn't a bad idea.

You can also try using Bulk Up to get your Krookodile even more impervious to anyone using Physical attacks. That'd work wonders if it's paired with Intimidate.

With Moxie, things will be awesome if you got your Krookodile sweeping the floor against your opponent's Pokemon. You won't be needing to set up as much ~

Hm.. it has Intimidate, but I think I'm gonna go with Swords Dance :) thanks

Well, it can't use Swords Dance lol. So I guess I'll go with Bulk Up

Years
I think Bulk Up would be best.

There's something I've been kinda confused about for a long time.. Vitamins. I know they raise Effort Values up to the first 100, but what does that mean? What's the first 100? Does that mean that you can only use 10 vitamins on each stat?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think Bulk Up would be best.

There's something I've been kinda confused about for a long time.. Vitamins. I know they raise Effort Values up to the first 100, but what does that mean? What's the first 100? Does that mean that you can only use 10 vitamins on each stat?

Basically, you can use up to 10 of the same vitamin on a Pokemon. But if your Pokemon already has accumulated EVs of a certain type, and they're not up to 100 EVs, you can still use vitamins, but they won't work anymore if that stat has 100 EVs or more. If your Pokemon has, say, 64 Attack EVs, you can only give it 4 more Proteins before you can't give anymore..

Years
Can someone help with dream world because every time i try and get and account where it says enter where your from and your DoB. i do it then click continue and it puts me on the same page? help it keeps happening :/

- Apex -

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, this is a complex question:

I have no saved data on Pokémon Black (No "Continue" option on the main menu). I went onto the main menu and downloaded the current Mystery Gift event (Liberty Ticket).
If I select "New Game", and start playing, will the delivery man appear in the Pokémon Center, or would I then have to re-download the event?

Please, make sure you actually are certain of the answer to this before answering, as today is the last day the event is available, but I do not want to play Black at the moment, I'll probably start again in May, when it'd be too late.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
If you download the Liberty Ticket event, the man will be there in the Pokemon Centre. You can't actually use it until you get to Castelia, but you can get the ticket off him and hang onto it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Even though I don't currently have save data?

I think you probably mean that, but I just want to be absolutely certain.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Im 100% certain you can download the ticket to the game that has no saved file, I started a new run yesterday and downloaded the ticket before starting the new game and could pick it up at the poke center just make sure to delete the old save file 1st then download the ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back