• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

frickin' handwriting

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
What does your handwriting look like? Is it illegible, pretty, or just damn perfect? Do you like it - do you think it suits you? Do you prefer to use your left hand, right hand, or both? Come on, come all! Show us your ~magnificent~ handwriting!

I admittedly have terrible handwriting, as evidenced by this picture here:
Spoiler:

See! My I's alone are horrible, lol. Plus, I happen to write like a five year old with a broken arm... smh.

I should probably add that it doesn't matter what you write, but try write a sentence a bit more original than 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog', as wonderful as that is for seeing a full range of letters in one's handwriting.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
A lost art as people writes less and less, and at least in Canada, education is tending towards dropping handwriting in elementary... However, it's still really useful in work in many ways so it's really a good idea to practice your handwritings! Don't need to be super good at it, but please at least write in a readable manner for everyone around you~

Exception: if you're in med school, learn those chicken scratches now! It's a public secret that the chance of entering med school is inversely proportional to how readable your handwriting is.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
The idea that handwriting could be considered "a lost art" disturbs me greatly. We have already become too dependent upon technology to do things for us... I do agree with the sentiment, however, the writing needs only be readable. It should matter little how you construct letters so long as they are indeed the letters they are supposed to be.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Well calligraphy is an art, but beyond being readable, we shouldn't require it out of everyone. I'm no psychologist and I don't have "evidence" to back it off, but just out of personal experience at work over my staff members, I believe that handwriting is somewhat related to someone's personality.

*SO FAR,* at work, all staff members who have neat writings are those who work hard and are just great staff members in every way possible. Those who write notes in such a way that I can't read it, there's *something* wrong with their performance at work, one way or another.

Years
Spoiler:

It's somewhat neat and usually tiny. It's print, except my q's, which I just cannot do in print and thus do the cursive loop. I'm a writer, so even though I'm not in school, I handwrite at least every other day, if not daily.

I like it. It's been pretty much the same for years now. Don't see a need to change it up. Except the cursive. My cursive can go die in a fire. It's not only sloppy as hell, but so hard to write!

Years
Spoiler:

I don't take as much time as I should when I'm writing, but at least my printing is generally legible. I prefer cursive, though, since it's a lot quicker and easier for me to do. Plus, for doing things like small notes and lists it's a timesaver.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
My handwriting is not perfect but it's readable easily.
But if I used Left-Hand it'll be.......... xD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Mine is readable,

Spoiler:

well in my sample writing, I was writing down my predictions for the CONCACAF (North America, Central America, and Caribbean Sea) World Cup Qualifiers, in my opinion how I think they would end up. I'll have to wait until October 2013 to find out the results.

That's my basic writing

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My handwriting is not the neatest thing in the world, but it's more or less readable. It is also not very constant - it changes with different writing utensils. It can be as neat as the neatest handwriting you can imagine (but still not very neat) with one type of pen, but as illegible as the worst doctor's handwriting with another. I usually write quite fast, so it doesn't help that my slow handwriting's already messy enough. I don't know what people think when they see my handwriting; whether it looks like a guy's or a girl's. Sorry, no preview available at the moment - I don't have a pen nearby nor a good-enough camera to take a photo with lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't have a photo of my handwriting, but my handwriting in general leans toward being pretty messy, but it can go on to neat if I have to.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, here's my handwriting!

First two ones are quick notes taken in a conference for my job. Third one was made with a bit more time- I guess it shows.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Spoiler:

(apologies for the bad image quality, the ipod touch camera is rubbish.)
You'll be happy to know I've only had one teacher who found this handwriting impossible to read. (She was also a english teacher as well.) Also, am I the only one who joins up their handwriting?

Last edited:

Jung

Sica please.
Years
Left-handed. I smudge my writing D: Especially when I was younger...my math tests were all smudged... D: That and people can't read my writing.

Back