• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Villainous Team Speculation!

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
It'd be nice to finally have a female leader. They are pretty evil sometimes.

Another idea would be bringing back Team Rocket and adding something to fight Mewtwo. A mewthree fits with this chromosome/genetic theme as he was cloned.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
hCC0DB336

This.

But no. If X and Y's theme is based on DNA or genetics, I have a feeling we will see a villainous team of scientists or something.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How funny how the five teams fit the Gramps theory so well...
Maybe the team will be called Team Splicer and take the research Plasma did on the DNA Splicers and Genesect, as well as Glactic's...strange test tube experiments for their evil plan, what ever that maybe.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
How about a Darwin type organization, One that strives to create the strongest pokemon. One that makes Arceus look like a magikarp. OK get this lets say when Arceus created the world and pokemon he split them into two groups X and Y. Xerneas and Yveltal are like the Adam and eve of pokemon( not gender based) but are either descendants of either legendary pokemon. Now Team Darwin tries to create the perfect pokemon by getting both Xerneas and Yveltal's DNA to create the most powerful pokemon in the world.

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
La guillotine

I am hoping this game takes a more revolutionarily approach as france did have a revolution and i thought about the guillotine and the theme of death. I hope if death is mentioned properly (not a cemetary please!) it would have to do with the villains.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
Years
I imagine the letter "Z" will be reserved for the title of the third Pokemon game that will inevitably be released a year after X and Y are so I can't envisage the villainous team being called Team Z.

Perhaps something like "Team Origin", which is related to the Cartesian Co-Ordinate System naming system utilised here and reflecting the centralisation of all the different paths.

I echo the general sentiments about changing up the ambitions of this team from the typical goals of capturing/acquiring/finding/exploiting etc etc the region's legendary pokemon to something different. What about developing a biological weapon to commit genocide against pokemon?

Years
I imagine the letter "Z" will be reserved for the title of the third Pokemon game that will inevitably be released a year after X and Y are so I can't envisage the villainous team being called Team Z.

Perhaps something like "Team Origin", which is related to the Cartesian Co-Ordinate System naming system utilised here and reflecting the centralisation of all the different paths.

I echo the general sentiments about changing up the ambitions of this team from the typical goals of capturing/acquiring/finding/exploiting etc etc the region's legendary pokemon to something different. What about developing a biological weapon to commit genocide against pokemon?
I don't think we'll have a Poke version of Hitler... which considering this region is based on france which was ruled by the Nazi's for a couple of years would be real bad...

I just thought of something, how about an organization who is more world wide in scope, I mean they have branches in other regions sort of like Team Rocket in the anime. Meaning that once we bet the game we could have other people coming in to get revenge and try to reconquer the region.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think we'll have a Poke version of Hitler... which considering this region is based on france which was ruled by the Nazi's for a couple of years would be real bad...

Even if it wasn't ruled by Nazis that would still be a really terrible theme o_O I'm 100% sure GF wouldn't support anything along those lines at all because 1, it'd give a bad message to children, and 2, it's just inappropriate. Please just stick to world domination. :(

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Team Nova is a likely name.
The villians should reside in an abandoned town with a playground and zoo which get restored post-game. Playground into daycare, zoo into safari zone.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Well, Hitler isn't the only person to ever commit genocide but even so, a team actively stating they want to KILL pokémon is clearly never going to happen. Perhaps they might want to rid the region of them or strip them of their powers or something (and an evil team who hated pokémon would be interesting after the last few gens) but I do presume we'll be sticking to the world domination theme.

Maybe we'll even see an evil team who wants to turn the region into a monarchy. Reverse French Revolution, kind of. Team Aristocrat.

After someone mentioned Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, I'd love to see the Distortion World play a part. Not that I have any idea how it would, but it feels like something that could be explored a tad more than it was in Platinum.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hmm. Maybe the team will be named team Space? Or Spacial? (as in vectors and dimensions) Nah. Would be stupid. I think they will be another forgettable ragtag team of misfits. (I have a personal grudge against galaxy) But if the discussion is about genetics then scientists. Wait. I have a crazy idea. What if the professors are united to solve the mysteries of pokemon. Then they would try to splice tge pokemon genes and dna to do so. Team Splicers! :D (Im throwing this at random) But think about it. Oak being the leader and each other professor would be a admin. Then the one to resist them would be someone like N... Or maybe professor Oak junior? Or even professor Ash?! (seriously throwing things at random) but yeah...i was wondering that isnt ash also a tree? Could be an coincident. ;)

Years
A team that starts with S...maybe Team Serpent if the legends are in deed based on Norse myth. Thus far the teams have gotten their names from the mascots typing except with Team Rocket...though Charzard is fire and can fly so perhaps it makes sense...Anyways once we find out the typing of the mascots perhaps we'll have a better guess.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
A team that starts with S...maybe Team Serpent if the legends are in deed based on Norse myth. Thus far the teams have gotten their names from the mascots typing except with Team Rocket...though Charzard is fire and can fly so perhaps it makes sense...Anyways once we find out the typing of the mascots perhaps we'll have a better guess.

Well if the speculation about a Light type is true, then Team Nova might be even more likely. Because a nova is a bright(Light) explosion in the empty blackness(Dark) of space.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I'd like to see something new and interesting, like an extremely corrupt government. There could be curfews for citizens, military police around every corner, and maybe bans on battles and limitations on Pokemon ownership. And then, in the midst of it all, you could be a member of a resistance group. Going with that idea, you would recieve your starter Pokemon from a stolen government package intercepted by said resistance group.

To make this even better, the government soldiers, who would serve as the "grunts" of the region, would have a wide variety of Pokemon as opposed to the usual Poison and Dark types that every single grunt ever owns. That would increase difficulty, and the concept of a corrupt government would make for a more interesting conflict than we've ever seen before.

Building off the idea, the government could have been given this extreme power due to the legendary Pokemon. Maybe the legendaries were awakened years ago, and went on a rampage, destroying towns and burning things. The government could have started off as a noble organization, taking control of the legendaries to protect the people from their wrath. While this protected the citizens of the region, maybe a corrupt leader went into power. This leader wouldn't be complete, utter "evil", but he could have taken the desire for order too far, maybe even using the legendary for his own purposes.

This idea could be really interesting, especially with the possibility of a different type of protagonist. Maybe the game could focus on the struggle between the government and the aforementioned resistance group. The protagonist could be a member of the resistance, and the "professor" of the region could be the leader of the resistance group.

Yeah, it would be amazing.

---

But knowing Game Freak, the team will be something like "Team Dark Evilness" or "Team We Hate Friendship". They will have the usual cliched goal of taking over the world by awakening the legendary. And you, the protagonist, will be a 10-year old who wants to be friends with everyone. Together with your team of Pokemon best friends, you and your best friend rival will fight against the purely evil team with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and defeat them, showing that friendship is as strong as 5,000 atomic bombs.

Life sucks.

Years
That sounds sort of like what I imagine Ghetsis doing if he had won in Unova...
Also the teams do have redemption such as Aqua and Magma, and Plasma (well N and his sage and grunt allies).

Perhaps the evil team wouldn't want to control the legends at all like Team Rocket who didn't really care much about the legends (the game version of the group as the manga and anime very much want legends).
Though an evil government would be nice to see...maybe an evil resistance too (reminds me of a story I'm working on (original)) they could try to get the hero on their side...if only...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Mars???

i think team X/Y would be fine. they should have N appear and get mad at them for doing his single letter thing! :D

Mars wasn't the leader, just a higher up in the chain of command. He means a female version of Giovanni, Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, and Ghetsis.

There have been a number of female admins though like you pointed out.

Team Rocket has Ariana, Aqua has Shelly, Magma has Courney, and Galactic has Jupiter and Mars.

Years
I disliked it how Plasma's higher ups were all guys, and the only female members who weren't grunts didn't have much of a role other than to provide us with some backstory...to make up for that I'll like to see GF make a female leader and an all but one all female higher ups. She could be more evil than Ghetsis and less looney.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Mars???

i think team X/Y would be fine. they should have N appear and get mad at them for doing his single letter thing! :D

Or maybe N could actually be on this team. Like idk if it'd be that crazy if older characters were actually important roles in these teams but given that N is all for Pokemon being free and this concerns genetics, he could be... a spy in a way? And we could learn about Unova's historyyy.

Back