• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you laugh at your own jokes?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I think I'm hilarious, so I always laugh at my own jokes.
For example, I left a message telling Shining Raichu that he was my favorite summer fruit because I saw he just posted in the thread and I am still laughing at how funny that was.

hbu?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
All the freaking time.

I laugh at my own jokes more than other people's.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
LOL oh Nick, what would I do without you?

I laugh at my own jokes all the time. I never laugh as hard at my own jokes as I do at other people's because theirs also have the element of surprise whereas the ones that start in my brain I know are coming, but I think I laugh more often at myself than at other people lol

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yes~

Especially at high school, I used to make really bad jokes on purpose, and laugh like an idiot (which.. the people around me ends up laughing out of pity after, hehe.)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Lol, everyone on PC is apparently a comedian now.

No, I don't. If I'm telling a specific joke, I keep as straight a face as possible, because it makes the joke much more effective (and plus, I already know the ending).

If I'm just talking about a funny situation or telling a real story, I usually tend to laugh then.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
lmaooo. The posts here ironically made me laugh !

But yes, I think I'm hilarious too, and I feel wonderful when people laugh at what I say, since it's usually to get a reaction.

Years
Yeah I do and when no one else laughs, it becomes pretty awky awks as Lozz would say. I'm just like AHAHAHHAAHA AHAHHAHAHHAA ahahaha . . . tough crowd / this is awkward.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Unless I get laughter from the joke that I give, then no. But if they do laugh, then I laugh with them.

Years
All the time. Which is silly, because my jokes are almost always stupid. Maybe it's just because I'm super awkward. .-.

Granted most of my 'jokes' are writing-related, meaning I'm laughing at myself. wtf.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nah, not really. I do think I can be funny, but I think my jokes are at the expense of me, often. Yup, I like poking fun at myself. ;D

Then again, I can never ever keep a straight face at anything.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I laugh at my jokes all the time because man I'm a freakin' riot when I want to be.

As far as I'm concerned, if I don't think my jokes are funny, nobody else will-- cause I laugh at like, everything. /shrug So if I make a joke, chances are I already spent like, 10-15 seconds giggling over how clever I am before actually posting it LOL

Years
I laugh at all my bad jokes, but I'm deadpan with all my clever, witty jokes.

Like just the other day someone was talking about Greek gods and such and they were saying "It's all fun and games until Zeus seduces some mortal," and I followed up immediately with "And in Norse mythology it's all fun and games until Odin looses an eye." Many nerdgasms were had.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I do sometimes, but I try really hard not to xD Sometimes when you come up with something funny you just can't help it! But yeah, if I've thought of something funny then I will laugh at it, but I try and get that out of my system before telling the joke to someone else x]

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
If I didn't laugh at my jokes, no one else would! My wife says that the only person who thinks that I'm funny is myself... which is true.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I laugh at most of your jokes, Mac. :P

Sometimes I do end up laughing at my own jokes. I say some hysterical things when I just keep typing. I'm gonna end this now. D:

Back