• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
I want to wait until I know all the pokemon available, but I do know I want to use all gen 6 Pokemon. I'll probably keep the Fennekin evolutions in my party, but everyone else will really depend on gym leaders and the Elite 4.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
So far I only have 2 Pokemon 100% & 2 like 50% confirmed to be in my team - at least for my first run of the game:

100% Confirmed in my team:
• Chespin, as my starter and main grass Pokemon
• Helioptile, as my electric Pokemon

I may use - 50% chance
• Litleo, that is if no other felines are introduced
• Pancham if no other fighting type introduced I like AND Mienfoo is not available before Elite 4.

Not yet decided, or I may need to wait:
• water type, always need one in my teams
• weasel-based Pokemon of Kalos, if none are introduced then I'll choose Sylveon AND Patrat is not available before Elite 4

I have one more possibility that might leave me an open slot, if two above are mixed (for example another fighting weasel or another water weasel [a.k.a. sea otters], or a water-type cat or a fighting type cat) then the open 6th Pokemon I will choose Sylveon.

Last edited:

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
My team will be

Froakie evolution
blaziken
that Y thing (assuming it's not one of those extremely post game events like black kyurem was.
Sylveon/Spritzee
Jolteon/Pikachu/Ampharos
Lucario.

I will likely completely overhaul this team except for Froakie and blaziken though lol.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I haven't got my team planned out at all since there is so much more to be revealed. I'm however only going to use a full team of 6th Gen Pokemon in both X & Y.

Years
If I was forced to pick a team right now, regardless of evo's at gunpoint:

Chespin
Litleo
Skrelp (I would have to trade)
Helioptile
Swirlix
Noivern/Vivillion

I would suggest everyone to try the game out with Kalos exclusive pokemon for the first run through.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I'm not sure. I'll have to wait for the rest of the generation 6 Pokémon to be revealed. My parties usualy follow a specific formula. Although, I do have a partial roster picked out.

Not necessarily sure about my starter at this point. It'll most likely be Fennekin, though, as I haven't gone with a Fire starter since Chimchar in Diamond.

My second Pokémon, the first one I catch, has to have a three-stage evolution chain (its just a pattern I've followed ever since Sapphire). Since the only three-stager that's been revealed is Vivillion, who I'm not too big on, I plan to wait it out to decide on that one.

I'm considering picking up Fletchling (if only to have an HM slave for Fly) and Helioptile.

I also know that I want both a Fairy type (maybe Spritzee as I'm getting Y) and a Dragon type in my party. If Spritzee evolves into something really badass or cool looking, I'm totally getting it.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I'm amazed how many people have finalized their teams based on the few pokemon revealed. In my team, I'm leaning towards:

-Chespin, but ONLY if it's final evolution is decent.
-Fletchling.
-Marill; I've wanted in one in both HGSS and BW2 but got sidetracked. It's new typing entices me, but there's no guarantees it'll be accessible in story mode.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm holding off on a team until we know more Pokemon. But at the rate this is going and how many new Pokemon I really like and want to try out I'm either going to end up with a team that has like.... 3 fairy types and 2 fire types and whatever. Or just mono fairy because they're all adorable. With that in mind I might just end up going with the flow with it comes to Pokemon X and Y build a team throughout the game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
I might decide to go with Chespin this time around as grass starters typically involve a more challenging game. Talonflame and Helioptile would make good editions to this team, but i'm hoping to pick up a high powered dragon-type and steel-type pokemon along the way.

One thing is for certain that I won't be using the event Torchic until i'm at a stage in the game where i'm able to soft-reset for an adamant nature with good IV's. I haven't had much experience in competitive battling before, but i'm hoping this will be a good chance to start, provided there is no hacked-mons from backwards compatibility.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Not all of the Pokémon have been revealed yet. But I know for a fact I'm starting with the fox Fennekin, and I'll try to obtain the event Torchic.

Gonna be a little disappointed if the little fox becomes another fire/fighting type when evolved though.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I usually go for a complete dex, so I'm planning on catching everything that's available... but one constant I always have is that I keep my starter in my main team until I finish the elite 4...

I'm definitely going with Fennekin, because I always pick a fire starter :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
It's a little early to choose my entire time, but I know I will use:

Chespin
Malamar
(Dark/Psychic? I mean come on you HAVE TO use it)
Talonflame (Unless Litleo turns into an awesome Manticore with Fire/Poison typing)

I'm going to want dual-types with Water, Fairy, Poison, Ground, Flying, and maybe Dragon... so I will have to see what Pokemon are available to me. I definitely won't be using Sylveon, though, since I pretty much only use dual-type Pokemon.

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I haven't even thought about my X/Y team until now and I don't even know how to start thinking about this as not all the Pokemon have been released yet and thus little information to depend on. I also will need to get to know each and every one of the new Pokemon before deciding on my team as I don't want to be making bad decisions. As for now, all I can definitely say is that Pancham will be on it for sure. If I finally manage to get myself a 3DS and the game when it comes out.

blue

gucci
Years
I would've expceted to have seen more Pokémon by now, with less than two months to go and only 37 revealed I have a feeling we will be getting a lower amount than usual, around 80 maybe? Anyway so far my team is shaping up to be something liiike:

Fennekin (Fire/Psychic?)
Fletchling (Flying/Fire)
Inkay (Dark/Psychic)
Clauncher (Water)
Swirlix or Sylveon (Either way it's going to be a Fairy type)
??? (Reserved for a new, unrevealed Pokémon maybe)

Back