• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone have Crystal Version?

Pinta77

My first pokemon game ever was crystal version. I still have it albeit the battery doesnt work and the sticker is missing. My friend recently told me crystal version was rare and I thought about it... the only real copy ive seen is my own.

Do any of y'all have crystal version? How rare is it?

Pinta77

I work at mcdonalds. Hotcakes sell very well :P

I dont know ive never done any research on it but my friend said it's the rarest of the main series pokemon games. Not sure if its true or not. Maybe I should look into it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't think Crystal is that rare. It sold very well, probably depending where you live it's harder to get. But imo, I think Emerald is now more valuable than Crystal.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I have Crystal. It's my favorite of the three. I actually had Silver first, but my brother dropped it in the toilet, so we got a used Crystal instead. The battery on Crystal lasted almost eight years and I got it replaced when the battery started showing signs of dying. I have my Crystal back along with Gold and two Silvers [one doesn't work] and now I have my own Miltank.

I also have my old Pokemon from Crystal in a Stadium 2 box until I get enough Pokemon to withdraw them.

Crystal was the best of Gen II!

...Didn't Crystal sell a lot of copies? I think it seems rare now because it's old and not being produced anymore.

Pinta77

Dropping a game cartridge in the toilet shouldnt break it... I dont think. Did you try drying it off?

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
I have a Crystal game. My first GBC is as dead as a doornail, and the first game with it. I have re-bought both, though.

By the way, Pinta77, that is one of the best avatar photos, man. Respect.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Dropping a game cartridge in the toilet shouldn't break it... I don't think. Did you try drying it off?

Well, we dried it off and it started crashing and deleting save data totally at random in the span of a few hours.. The screen would flicker a lot even though Yellow worked fine. My parents thought it would be easier to get a used Crystal than to fix the broken Silver. I was seven so I didn't get much say in it. Got a Crystal out of it, anyway.

blue

gucci
Years
Well, we dried it off and it started crashing and deleting save data totally at random in the span of a few hours.. The screen would flicker a lot even though Yellow worked fine. My parents thought it would be easier to get a used Crystal than to fix the broken Silver. I was seven so I didn't get much say in it. Got a Crystal out of it, anyway.

Someone dropped my Silver version down the drain and somehow we managed to obtain it, however I wasn't able to successfully save from that point and only always had the New Game or Options.

But yeah I do still have my Crystal version! It must be about 13 years old now but it's still in good working condition.. so I believe.

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Apr 30, 2022
I have a Crystal version, though not one I got when I was a kid. I picked it up off of Ebay for $15 I think, and replaced the battery on my own. This was about a year ago. I still have my Gold and Silver versions from when I was a kid though, and replaced the batteries in those as well. They all still work on my ancient GBC, but prefer to play them in my GBA SP because of the lit screen. I still play them from time to time and have ancient link cables to do trade evolutions between cartridges. Sometime I'm thinking about getting a Yellow cartridge and try to complete an old school Pokedex. Basically if I need a douse of nostalgia I bust those out and have a blast doing it.

I don't think I'll ever be able to grow out of GSC.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
At one point in 2005, I had three Crystals. My twin brother and I each got one for Christmas. My dad found the third game w/ Gameboy on the ground at work (apartment complex). The trainer was in Olivine with Quilava. I finished their game, traded over the Pokemon, and restarted. I grew bored with it, though.

So, I gave the third Crystal to my best friend in middle school. We've separated since, as she didn't go to my high school. She's not one to use Facebook, either.

My Crystal still works, as of July 2013. I don't know what happened to my brother's game.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
I still have my Crystal version (and it actually works :o )
I sadly never beat the Battle Tower, but oh well.
I have all of my Pokemon games in the second drawer, except for X / Y.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 23, 2015
i have the crystal version.i changed the battery one month ago and now is playable again.and it is my favourite pokemon game

Years
I still have mine! Tried playing it about a year ago and it worked perfectly fine. Hopefully I'll have a GPA SP soon to use it again. :)

Back