• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change the Worldmap in R/S/E

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
i read through this, and for once in my short ROM hacking career, I actually understood technical talk. Thank you i am on step 3 :) (Im New)

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hello,

i've correctly inserted the world map, but when i see it with vba, i got this little error:

f1ii4y.png

And then, when i return to my PokeNav (only when i return, before this problem don't appear)

67rrds.png

What could be the problem? Probably a missing into my tileset?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2015
Can't seem to make a tileset for my map, can anyone help? & since i couldn't i used your tutorial's map & tileset to see if I can still be successful meanwhile i don't have a tileset but i couldn't load the map into NTME because it wasn't a .raw file. please help?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
A little help please. I followed everything but once I check the map on VBA, it seems glitchy. Here's a link since I can't post images yet.

i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/miggy93/untitled.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
I'm having an issue here, but it's not really much to do with not being able to follow the tutorial. It's just my tilemap is too big. By that, I mean it's 16x16, so it's not actually too big to load into the ROM. The problem is I was banking on being able to flip some tiles to repeat here and there, but 8BPP won't let me, whereas 4BPP will.

Here's my map and tileset I'm trying to import. I already trimmed about 110 duplicate or similar tiles out of a previous version, and I'm not sure what, if anything I can cut to make room for the "flipped" tiles if I can't flip them in NTME.

phdk.png

u68.png

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. Still have an issue with the bottom right corner. I figured it would be covered by the textboxes in all cases. Turns out I forgot how the Pokedex displayed the map. And for some reason, the tiles and tilemap I imported seemed to work just fine for the Pokedex, except there are a few tiles in that corner that didn't carry over from the World Map and Pokenav map onto the Pokedex screen. It's not too big an issue, just kind of annoying. There's a big portion of land that runs right into the sea with no transition. And for some reason, the third color in the palette likes to change. It's not that big a deal, and I think it's a little cool. It's the light gray that outlines the routes, and sometimes it'll be the right color, other times it'll be red or blue or some other color.

Last edited:

The_Show

Banned
Years
Sorry if this question was repeated, but as stated, 8BPP mode won't accept the sphere files (effectively making the video provided worthless), is there any way I can get the tilemap into a RAW file? I really don't want to make the map tile-by-tile in NTME.

First, open up the tilemap file that Sphere created. You must now take a screenshot of the tiles (like the guy does in the youtube video provided for this tutorial). Open up the screenshot in Gimp, turn on your grid, and edit the picture until you have a perfect tileset that fits in the 8x8 pixel grid. Export/Save the file as a PNG. As long as it doesn't have over 256 different tiles, it should open up fine in NTME 8BPP mode.

A little help please. I followed everything but once I check the map on VBA, it seems glitchy. Here's a link since I can't post images yet.

i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/miggy93/untitled.png

I've encountered this problem before. When you are making your tilemap on NTME, in the bottom right hand corner, make sure you set it to "R/S WM". If it is just at CUSTOM, your map will glitch like it did in the picture.

what tile molester you are using? i do all things but then i try to import .pal file i cant, cuz my tilemolester doesnt support .pal ? Here a screen.

pal-file.png

Download Tile Molester Alternate. It's easy to find on the internet. TMA can only open a rom ONCE, but you can fix this problem here.

Now you'll be able to import your file.

Last edited:
Years
Hi, I am hacking ruby and I followed all the steps, but I seem to have a "map's color" problem. My map looks fine only where I saved the BG... For example: If I saved the BG in the pokecenter, the map will have the correct colors only when I am in the pokecenter, if I use the pokekav or pokedex when I am in a route, some colors will be wrong (but if I save the BG in a route, the colors will be fine in that route and wrong in the pokecenter). Do you know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your attention. (and sorry for my bad english)

sertin12

Beginer Rom Hacker
Years
Hey so I followed the tutorial but in game my map looks like a mess of the tile set any ideas? I'm using ruby as my base, and heres what i see (just copy paste it into a browser cause I can't post links yet) gyazo.com/2322b0029c1285bfbfc387d57ba94204

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 5, 2018
You're right about NTME. I went ahead and redrew it in 8BPP and it loads just fine at the R/S World Map settings. I should note that I'm only getting one "Ptr found at 00XXXXXX. Changed." message per insertion in unLZ.

The map is still all over the place, but the colors are correct. For whatever reason it seems determined not to adjust to my Johto rendition and scatter itself across the original Hoenn outline instead.

Hi did you find a reason why you get only one message?I have the same problem.

Also does anyone know the address of the world map in unZL for ruby??The map tileset is at 136 but i cant find the tilemap.I've tried 137 and 146 but they didn't work.(I have inserted the tileset but not the tilemap)

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
I have an answer how i change the Fly Map Postisons? The Advance map change only the Place but not if you walking or fly use is still the same Place sorry for my bad english how i do on firered make alle 4 maps work with the same platte and tileset?

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
How different is it to change the world map in FR/LG? I prefer to hack those games, "better visuals imo" Great tutorial though, If I do hack ruby I'll definitely benefit.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Where's the palette offset for the Pokedex worldmap?

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
Hi! Does anyone know what palette offset the world map is? I want change the palette as my map is in HGSS style, and importing the actual tilemap worked, but the colors are all sorts of messed up. Thanks!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hi! Does anyone know what palette offset the world map is? I want change the palette as my map is in HGSS style, and importing the actual tilemap worked, but the colors are all sorts of messed up. Thanks!

For emerald, it's at 0x59F73C or 0x59F75C. One of those two.

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
For emerald, it's at 0x59F73C or 0x59F75C. One of those two.

Hey! Thanks for the response. I have a weird situation though, to say the least. The palettes at those offsets aren't the same used in my map.But, if I leave out the part where I import the .png tileset then it keeps similar colors (not exact, but most are the right color) of my actual map, but the layout is all sorts of messed up, but if I do import the .png, then the layout is correct, but the palette is not. Do you know what causes this? Thanks!

Back