• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#2: Orange Islands vs. Sevii Islands

Which of the two island formations do you prefer?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome back for the second edition of Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokemon Voting Polls. The original poll was met with a fair amount of success, with over 50 people participating in the vote. Let's try and keep that rolling as we go forward! Just a reminder, all PVP and PC Global Rules apply to this thread, especially:

Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be up for a warning or an infraction

Now that we've got that out of the way, this week's poll question is...

Given their similarities, do you prefer the Orange Islands or the Sevii Islands?

Both are located somewhere south of Kanto, playing the filler role in either the anime or in FireRed & LeafGreen. And while unintentional, this topic has recently been discussed in the Pokemon General Daily Chit-Chat thread, so this poll ties in perfectly. And remember- if you have any ideas for a future PokéPOTW, send it my or Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers way. We only got one suggestion last week, so it would be interesting to hear some ideas going forward.

Now that I'm done with my little spiel, it's time to get voting!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
At the end of the day, this is basically 'game vs anime'. I'll go with Sevii Islands because gameplay is more important to me.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I prefer the Sevii Islands because you can actually explore them, while the Orange Islands were present only in the anime. Also, no Decolore Archipelago?

Years
The orange islands episodes were really great and a nice follow-up to the first season of the anime. There was a theme of eerie mystery and suspense the trio needed to solve. Plus, the second pokemon movie with Lugia was staged on the islands. (The last watchable movie)

The sevii islands were a yawn, not much interesting added to the ruby/sapphire games. Their are a few important events, on a couple of the islands, but the rest were just there and didn't add much of anything. In concept, these islands could have been a great addition, but the lack of gameplay rendered them sort of irrelevant and disappointing.

I went with the Orange Islands.

Years
I'd have to go with Sevii Islands. Orange Islands were nice, but I don't remember them having a whole lot of features other than being tropical. Sevii islands had a lot of cool features like Mount Ember, the hot spring, the labyrinth, the daycare, the ice cave, that treasure beach thing, the berry forest and the route to it. I know for a fact if each part of the Sevii islands was incorporated into the series, it would have been more interesting than Orange, just because there was so much more to do. What I remember most from Orange Island is the silly activities they did instead of gym battles, and the ABC islands? The variation in pokemon colors and whatnot from Orange was cool, but when it comes down to it Sevii wins.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I meant to vote Sevil and I clicked Orange. Game play is much more important than the anime for me. Therefore, gave it to that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Voted for Sevii Islands; I just love him. Used to spend hours there exploring places when I still had FireRed; it was really fun. Have nothing against Orange Islands, but they just weren't as important to me as Sevii. d:

Years
Hmm... not a very popular POTW this time around. Oh well... you win some, you lose some.

As for myself, I've always preferred the Orange Islands between the two. That's not to say I didn't like the Sevii Islands- I just felt that they came up a little short of what they could've been. Actually, I would've much preferred having the Orange Islands in FR/LG (I mean, who wouldn't want to go to Pinkan Island to catch pink Pokemon?), but I guess I've always got Pokemon Naranja for that.

With that said, the new POTW is now live, but feel free to continue posting in this thread if you haven't already, but would still like to voice your opinions!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Sevii Isles were nice but not as nice as the Orange Islands. The Orange Islands had that tropical setting that you'd expect from Pokémon islands. The Sevii Isles used the same tiles as mainland Kanto so that was disappointing (compare mainland Sinnoh to its Battle Frontier island place). Also Orange Islands have a giant Magikarp, so automatic win right there.

Back